ADVERTISEMENT

‘Build Back Beijing’: Biden Waives Solar Tariffs In Massive Win For Chinese Industry

Tariffs are a weapon of the past. Archaic and unnecessary.

Tariffs are a weapon of the past. Archaic and unnecessary.
We are all Hawkeyes so I will very respectfully disagree.

You must have a very trusting positive outlook on your fellow man so I applaud you for that. I don't at all.

As a student of history, I am very aware of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and the Genocide from World War II. In my lifetime, I am also aware of the Khmer Rouge and the mass killings in Cambodia.

I think the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) is an existential threat to the US/Allies. You must think they are a bunch of swell guys who mean well.

You must have a very trusting positive outlook on your fellow man so I applaud you for that. I don't at all.

As a student of history, I am very aware of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and the Genocide from World War II. In my lifetime, I am also aware of the Khmer Rouge and the mass killings in Cambodia.

I think the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) is an existential threat to the US/Allies. You must think they are a bunch of swell guys who mean well.

WTF are you talking about.

Solar Panels from China

President Joe Biden is set to use his executive authority Monday to issue a 24-month moratorium on solar panel tariffs designed to bolster U.S. industry.

Biden’s actions will pause enforcement of Obama-era anti-circumvention tariffs on solar panels and invoke the 1950 Defense Production Act (DPA) to boost domestic panel manufacturing, the White House announced. The president’s move came in response to complaints from the green energy industry and Democratic lawmakers that an active Commerce Department probe into Chinese companies’ alleged tariff violations was slowing the administration’s clean energy goals.

I thought protectionist tariffs were against Conservative Free Market Principles....

tumblr_pcp7c7UvIz1xpp27no1_400.gif

Reactions: seminole97
Put China’s government on a path to normal trade relations and riches while hanging the albatross of Middle East wars on the U.S. George HW Bush made significant errors at the key inflection point of the end of the Cold War.

Can history possibly look kindly upon his stint?

Wouldn't a tariff on Chinese products be one of those policies?
What major policy changes do you envision?
How about invoking the Defense Production Act? Wouldn't that be an effective method to increase domestic production.

Um, sorry but who cares? I’m okay with ramping up our ability to harness renewable energy. MAGAts are just looking to cry about anything. GUARANTEE the same whiners here would cry bloody murder had Joe done the exact opposite and closed Solar imports from China if they’d have been open. 100% guarantee.

Meanwhile...

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc. announced Friday that it has laid off 92 employees at its nacelle assembly facility in Hutchinson and 171 in Fort Madison, Iowa, where blades are manufactured.

The company said the “temporary hibernation” will commence in June 2022 and July 2022, respectively. The closing is indefinite and there’s no return to work date for employees.

All affected employees will be provided with a comprehensive separation package, according to the company. That includes severance pay, benefits continuation, career counseling, resume preparation and job placement assistance.

Siemens Gamesa said it faced a patent challenge against features of its onshore wind turbines in 2021 brought by a competitor.

“While the International Trade Commission ultimately ruled in favor of Siemens Gamesa, the company was unable to pursue orders during that period. Since then, the U.S. wind market for onshore has slowed in anticipation of new climate legislation and the accompanying renewable energy incentives. Combined with long lead times on wind energy projects, these factors have resulted in a “production gap” in 2022,” said the company.

Siemens Games said the hibernation period will have no impact on the delivery of current onshore contracts, and is entirely unrelated to the company’s offshore wind business, including further development of the Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind commercial project agreements.

This is the second round of layoffs for the company. In February, the company cut 69 jobs in Hutchinson and 121 Fort Madison.

A student of history would know the Khmer Rouge, Mao and Stalin had nothing to do with imports that tariffs would affect. So, what's your point.

Do you even know what a tariff is? It is a tax on imports born by the importer. Not the country from which it originated.

Issues among countries should be resolved through preemptive trade agreements. Individual item/piece/container tariffs are punitive and by their retroactive nature do little to protect domestic economies.

A student of history would know the Khmer Rouge, Mao and Stalin had nothing to do with imports that tariffs would affect. So, what's your point.

Do you even know what a tariff is? It is a tax on imports born by the importer. Not the country from which it originated.

Issues among countries should be resolved through preemptive trade agreements. Individual item/piece/container tariffs are punitive and by their retroactive nature do little to protect domestic economies.
I thought you read my earlier post talking about how China is screwing the US with:

1. Cybertheft
2. Subsidizing State Owned Enterprises
3. Demanding IP on joint ventures

Since China entered the WTO in 2001, it has cost the US millions of manufacturing jobs. Why should the US put up with that and let their working class be destroyed?

At the same time, China is using the massive trade surpluses they are generating to modernize and grow their military.

China Navy

Even after they told Obama they would not militarize the S. China Sea, they did. When the Philippines took them to the World Court and China lost on militarizing the S. China Sea, they ignored the ruling.

With this new found military power, China broke their treaty with Hong Kong and took it over.

Hong Kong

The FBI has said China launching constant cyber attacks against the US.

China Cybertheft

The CCP are as evil as Hitler. They perform organ harvesting.

Organ harvesting

Just like Hitler they are committing genocide.

Genocide

China is not just some trading partner like France. It also amazes me, that so many people refuse to see the big picture. So why should we help them? 99% of what we buy from them could made in Mexico, Malaysia, etc. Why not use tariffs, to make their products so expensive, that other sources will be found? They are an existential threat to the US. The goal should be to bankrupt them.

I thought you read my earlier post talking about how China is screwing the US with:

1. Cybertheft
2. Subsidizing State Owned Enterprises
3. Demanding IP on joint ventures

Since China entered the WTO in 2001, it has cost the US millions of manufacturing jobs. Why should the US put up with that and let their working class be destroyed?

At the same time, China is using the massive trade surpluses they are generating to modernize and grow their military.

China Navy

Even after they told Obama they would not militarize the S. China Sea, they did. When the Philippines took them to the World Court and China lost on militarizing the S. China Sea, they ignored the ruling.

With this new found military power, China broke their treaty with Hong Kong and took it over.

Hong Kong

The FBI has said China launching constant cyber attacks against the US.

China Cybertheft

The CCP are as evil as Hitler. They perform organ harvesting.

Organ harvesting

Just like Hitler they are committing genocide.

Genocide
goo
China is not just some trading partner like France. It also amazes me, that so many people refuse to see the big picture. So why should we help them? 99% of what we buy from them could made in Mexico, Malaysia, etc. Why not use tariffs, to make their products so expensive, that other sources will be found? They are an existential threat to the US. The goal should be to bankrupt them.

So, charge U.S. citizens and businesses. It is not possible for the U.S. or the world to function without the products China monopolizes.

Like everything wingers look at, reality is difficult. If China has the advantage, they will exploit it. Just like we would and did for a century. Like it or not...that's reality. Cheap labor keeps production less expensive, and manufacturing will seek it out.

Obama tried to negotiate a trade agreement to include China (TPP).

Your human rights arguments are admirable but have no bearing on business unfortunately. If we buy from China instead of other countries, it's obviously dollar driven. Bankrupt them?

Now tariffs. They're meant to discourage manufacturing outside the country imposing the tariffs. The example of the total China imports is perfect to demonstrate the absurdity. The Orange Turd's "China Grain Embargo" was built on his foolish premise that he would punish China by imposing a tariff on imports. The fact is the tariff was imposed on the U.S. importers, making the grain more expensive to U.S. interests.

Other products available mostly and in some case exclusively from China are necessary for our society to function smoothly. This a global sharing as resources fluctuate throughout the world over time.

So, charge U.S. citizens and businesses. It is not possible for the U.S. or the world to function without the products China monopolizes.

Like everything wingers look at, reality is difficult. If China has the advantage, they will exploit it. Just like we would and did for a century. Like it or not...that's reality. Cheap labor keeps production less expensive, and manufacturing will seek it out.

Obama tried to negotiate a trade agreement to include China (TPP).

Your human rights arguments are admirable but have no bearing on business unfortunately. If we buy from China instead of other countries, it's obviously dollar driven. Bankrupt them?

Now tariffs. They're meant to discourage manufacturing outside the country imposing the tariffs. The example of the total China imports is perfect to demonstrate the absurdity. The Orange Turd's "China Grain Embargo" was built on his foolish premise that he would punish China by imposing a tariff on imports. The fact is the tariff was imposed on the U.S. importers, making the grain more expensive to U.S. interests.

Other products available mostly and in some case exclusively from China are necessary for our society to function smoothly. This a global sharing as resources fluctuate throughout the world over time.
I understand tariffs and realize they are paid by the importer. What you are not getting is that with high enough tariffs there is a point where the manufacturers will move to other countries. Janet Yellen calls it "Friend shoring".

Many countries have lower wages than China.

What you have not acknowledged is the existential threat that China poses to the US and our friends like Australia & Japan. Again, why should we help them? China is not a party to any strategic nuclear weapons treaties and they are quickly building more ICBM's.

China ICBM's

I thought all the China apologist in the Chat Room had finally accepted that China is as evil as Hitler but I guess not.

Reactions: SIXERS24
The righties on this board are complete morons, in almost every way

Last edited:
I understand tariffs and realize they are paid by the importer. What you are not getting is that with high enough tariffs there is a point where the manufacturers will move to other countries. Janet Yellen calls it "Friend shoring".

Many countries have lower wages than China.

What you have not acknowledged is the existential threat that China poses to the US and our friends like Australia & Japan. Again, why should we help them? China is not a party to any strategic nuclear weapons treaties and they are quickly building more ICBM's.

China ICBM's

I thought all the China apologist in the Chat Room had finally accepted that China is as evil as Hitler but I guess not.

The fact is China has materials we need. We deal with the devil out of necessity all the time. They have sensors or whatever not available elsewhere, so.......

....Australia? They don't have them, what good will that do. Japan, the same.

I suppose you have solution. If China has inventory of components critical to our industries no other countries have, do we just flip them off and not produce?

Edit: BTW, free market forces determine trade. If goods are sought from China, blame businesses. It's capitalism. It's how it's supposed to work. If labor is cheaper in other countries and shipping and logistics warrant trade with other countries, businesses will be responding.

Last edited:
Solar Panels from China

President Joe Biden is set to use his executive authority Monday to issue a 24-month moratorium on solar panel tariffs designed to bolster U.S. industry.

Biden’s actions will pause enforcement of Obama-era anti-circumvention tariffs on solar panels and invoke the 1950 Defense Production Act (DPA) to boost domestic panel manufacturing, the White House announced. The president’s move came in response to complaints from the green energy industry and Democratic lawmakers that an active Commerce Department probe into Chinese companies’ alleged tariff violations was slowing the administration’s clean energy goals.

If Joe Biden fell into a bucket of boobs he would come out sucking his thumb.

Biden is China's b$tch

For those of you that aren’t in the industry, this action was very necessary. It was getting to the point that we didn’t know if we were gonna be able to get any panels in a few months if they didn’t do something. That would not have been good for an already fragile economy, so bash on Biden all you want, but he made a difficult choice that ultimately will allow us to continue to operate.
MAGAts Cucked by Reality: Part 2,345,670

Reactions: ft254
MAGAts Cucked by Reality: Part 2,345,670
Stock market dropped another 200 points today, inflations at 9%, roughly 30% of people think he has a clue,he is so ****ing stupid he thinks backfilling the job hole from an over extended pandemic response is a win, he takes it in the ass from china weekly, we gave the taliban hundreds of millions of dollars worth of shit to rebuild their army after fighting them for 20 years, his own party is pissed he isn't giving MORE tax breaks to the wealthy in high tax states, crime is at an all time high and we are funding a war of attrition on the other side of the globe, mexico just commited 1.5b to give themselves better systems to.process immigrants into our countrty.. let me know when he gets done doing so much winning would ya.

Last edited:
The fact is China has materials we need. We deal with the devil out of necessity all the time. They have sensors or whatever not available elsewhere, so.......

....Australia? They don't have them, what good will that do. Japan, the same.

I suppose you have solution. If China has inventory of components critical to our industries no other countries have, do we just flip them off and not produce?

Edit: BTW, free market forces determine trade. If goods are sought from China, blame businesses. It's capitalism. It's how it's supposed to work. If labor is cheaper in other countries and shipping and logistics warrant trade with other countries, businesses will be responding.
So cybertheft is part of free trade? Bull shit.

So subsidizing state owned enterprises is free trade. That is more bull shit.

Meanwhile the US worker gets screwed royally.

What you are talking about from China is Rare Earth metals. Those can be found in other parts of the world and only represent 1% of what we buy from them. 99% of what we buy from them is sold at Walmart. That could be made anywhere.

Btw, a countries savings rate has a major impact on their trade strategy.

Savings-Investment=Exports-Imports

So cybertheft is part of free trade? Bull shit.

So subsidizing state owned enterprises is free trade. That is more bull shit.

Meanwhile the US worker gets screwed royally.

What you are talking about from China is Rare Earth metals. Those can be found in other parts of the world and only represent 1% of what we buy from them. 99% of what we buy from them is sold at Walmart. That could be made anywhere.

Btw, a countries savings rate has a major impact on their trade strategy.

Savings-Investment=Exports-Imports

Holy crap. Skate over the logic of issue by defaulting to wing nut argument points. It's the reason you guys can't see the forest for the trees.

International trade is larger than your myopic, McCarthyistic opinion.

Reactions: RileyHawk
All this talk about how we “need” things only China can produce. Is there nothing the US has that China needs? They need the US consumers I suppose, but we aren’t willing to do anything about reducing the junk we buy from them.

Because we aren’t willing to give up all of our China junk; for products that aren’t cost effective to manufacture in the US; I’d like to see the US subsidize infrastructure to Central America or South America to build the same manufacturing facilities that China has. This type of move can have other benefits such as relief at the border with more jobs and money flowing to our neighbors.

Reactions: Rifler
All this talk about how we “need” things only China can produce. Is there nothing the US has that China needs? They need the US consumers I suppose, but we aren’t willing to do anything about reducing the junk we buy from them.

Because we aren’t willing to give up all of our China junk; for products that aren’t cost effective to manufacture in the US; I’d like to see the US subsidize infrastructure to Central America or South America to build the same manufacturing facilities that China has. This type of move can have other benefits such as relief at the border with more jobs and money flowing to our neighbors.

Free market forces determine these things. It will happen eventually if the Americas are savvy enough and U.S. marketers see the benefit. It all comes out in the wash, although specific items and products will always be selective and determined by various factors.

Labor cost is the major factor and not always a pleasant human rights issue to address. The economic benefits realized by a nation is typically borne on the backs of its citizens. Often, to the extreme.

Holy crap. Skate over the logic of issue by defaulting to wing nut argument points. It's the reason you guys can't see the forest for the trees.

International trade is larger than your myopic, McCarthyistic opinion.
Are you on the Chinese payroll? Give me a flipping break. Everybody and their brother knows China commits cybertheft accept you. What is your problem pal?

China Cybertheft

The threat to the West from the Chinese government is "more brazen" and damaging than ever before, FBI Director Christopher Wray said Monday night in accusing Beijing of stealing American ideas and innovation and launching massive hacking operations.

The speech at the Reagan Presidential Library amounted to a stinging rebuke of the Chinese government just days before Beijing is set to occupy the global stage by hosting the Winter Olympics. It made clear that even as American foreign policy remains consumed by Russia-Ukraine tensions, the U.S. continues to regard China as its biggest threat to long-term economic security.

Are you on the Chinese payroll? Give me a flipping break. Everybody and their brother knows China commits cybertheft accept you. What is your problem pal?

China Cybertheft

The threat to the West from the Chinese government is "more brazen" and damaging than ever before, FBI Director Christopher Wray said Monday night in accusing Beijing of stealing American ideas and innovation and launching massive hacking operations.

The speech at the Reagan Presidential Library amounted to a stinging rebuke of the Chinese government just days before Beijing is set to occupy the global stage by hosting the Winter Olympics. It made clear that even as American foreign policy remains consumed by Russia-Ukraine tensions, the U.S. continues to regard China as its biggest threat to long-term economic securwity.

Go to a conspiracy fruitcake meeting and watch Carlson 'til you puke. Cypertheft happens. So does Orange Turd campaign grifting, border wall solicitation grifting, let's see...what else.

Yes. It's there. So, grown-ups design methodology to combat it, because if China does it, and we shut them down, it stands to reason other countries or entities will pick it up. Or had you thought of that.

Go to a conspiracy fruitcake meeting and watch Carlson 'til you puke. Cypertheft happens. So does Orange Turd campaign grifting, border wall solicitation grifting, let's see...what else.

Yes. It's there. So, grown-ups design methodology to combat it, because if China does it, and we shut them down, it stands to reason other countries or entities will pick it up. Or had you thought of that.
You are so full of crap.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT