ADVERTISEMENT

‘Desperate move’: Dems’ Iowa Senate pick pushes back after kiss allegation

Red Runney

All-Conference
Jun 22, 2022
Bettendorf IA
Rather than just drop out of the race Al Franken impersonator Mikey Franken pushes back however the Democratic Party might not be throwing a life jacket to Franken.

Being an Iowa Democrat isn’t easy to begin with these days: Democrats have lost the past four Senate races. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer disparaged Franken’s chances recently over dinner with colleagues, according to Punchbowl News. Schumer also left Iowa out of his $15 million allocation toward Senate races.

Despite the chilly reception so far, Franken believes the Democratic leader will get on board.

“I think Chuck Schumer's happy with our performance, and secretly — he may not be saying that in public — he's proud of how we're doing. And I would expect that [once] he has a poll … and suddenly we are at two points, or we're ahead? That suddenly his interest will skyrocket,” Franken said.

Maybe not. David Bergstein, a spokesperson for Senate Democrats’ campaign arm, said: “The DSCC is not involved in this race.” The Schumer-linked Senate Majority PAC, whose affiliated Duty and Honor PAC spent roughly $250,000 attacking Grassley according to AdImpact, declined to comment.

It’s not a surprise that Franken may be on his own this fall given his history in the state. He challenged DSCC-backed candidate Theresa Greenfield in 2020, losing the nomination by double digits. (Iowa's GOP incumbent, Joni Ernst, ultimately defeated Greenfield by 6 points).

It’s unclear how damaging his former campaign manager's allegation will prove. Democratic candidate Cal Cunningham's North Carolina Senate bid imploded in 2020 after an extramarital affair was revealed. Former Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who is unrelated to Mike Franken, resigned his seat in 2017 after several women alleged he made unwanted advances on them.

Rather than just drop out of the race Al Franken impersonator Mikey Franken pushes back however the Democratic Party might not be throwing a life jacket to Franken.

Being an Iowa Democrat isn’t easy to begin with these days: Democrats have lost the past four Senate races. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer disparaged Franken’s chances recently over dinner with colleagues, according to Punchbowl News. Schumer also left Iowa out of his $15 million allocation toward Senate races.

Despite the chilly reception so far, Franken believes the Democratic leader will get on board.

“I think Chuck Schumer's happy with our performance, and secretly — he may not be saying that in public — he's proud of how we're doing. And I would expect that [once] he has a poll … and suddenly we are at two points, or we're ahead? That suddenly his interest will skyrocket,” Franken said.

Maybe not. David Bergstein, a spokesperson for Senate Democrats’ campaign arm, said: “The DSCC is not involved in this race.” The Schumer-linked Senate Majority PAC, whose affiliated Duty and Honor PAC spent roughly $250,000 attacking Grassley according to AdImpact, declined to comment.

It’s not a surprise that Franken may be on his own this fall given his history in the state. He challenged DSCC-backed candidate Theresa Greenfield in 2020, losing the nomination by double digits. (Iowa's GOP incumbent, Joni Ernst, ultimately defeated Greenfield by 6 points).

It’s unclear how damaging his former campaign manager's allegation will prove. Democratic candidate Cal Cunningham's North Carolina Senate bid imploded in 2020 after an extramarital affair was revealed. Former Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who is unrelated to Mike Franken, resigned his seat in 2017 after several women alleged he made unwanted advances on them.

🤡

Reactions: standiego
When was that?
The former aide, Tara Reade, who briefly worked as a staff assistant in Mr. Biden’s Senate office, told The New York Times that in 1993, Mr. Biden pinned her to a wall in a Senate building, reached under her clothing and penetrated her with his fingers. A friend said that Ms. Reade told her the details of the allegation at the time. Another friend and a brother of Ms. Reade’s said she told them over the years about a traumatic sexual incident involving Mr. Biden.

The former aide, Tara Reade, who briefly worked as a staff assistant in Mr. Biden’s Senate office, told The New York Times that in 1993, Mr. Biden pinned her to a wall in a Senate building, reached under her clothing and penetrated her with his fingers. A friend said that Ms. Reade told her the details of the allegation at the time. Another friend and a brother of Ms. Reade’s said she told them over the years about a traumatic sexual incident involving Mr. Biden.
This story was completely busted. Trump admitting to grabbing pussy on video? Not so much.

This story was completely busted. Trump admitting to grabbing pussy on video? Not so much.
Donald Trump isn’t running for a Senate seat from Iowa. Al Franken wannabe Micky Franken is.

Why do you “wokers” always want to deflect your own problems into a conversation about former President Donald J Trump?

Reactions: INXS83
Donald Trump isn’t running for a Senate seat from Iowa. Al Franken wannabe Micky Franken is.

Why do you “wokers” always want to deflect your own problems into a conversation about former President Donald J Trump?
Because you voted for someone whose defense to a sexual assault allegation was that the woman wasn’t attractive enough to sexually assault.

You’re insincerity on the issue is obvious.

That's one way to get you and other low intelligence maga scum to vote for someone.
Maga scum? Bro you’ve been posting your liberal bullshit opinions on here forever with rarely any actual thoughts of value. And I don’t think anyone has called you scum. Look inside my friend.

Tell you what. I’ll give you a chance to define MAGA scum. Humor me. I’d like to know just how many, and whom, you consider worthy of this moniker.

Maga scum? Bro you’ve been posting your liberal bullshit opinions on here forever with rarely any actual thoughts of value. And I don’t think anyone has called you scum. Look inside my friend.

Tell you what. I’ll give you a chance to define MAGA scum. Humor me. I’d like to know just how many, and whom, you consider worthy of this moniker.
You'll give me a chance? LOL. GFY.

You'll give me a chance? LOL. GFY.
Well I see you’ve brought what amounts to your A game to the discussion.

Your ignorance is only outshined by your sense of self importance evidently.

I am interested in exposing you though. That’s why I’ve asked for clarification. So I can dismantle it point by point. Assuming you have more than one thing to add that is.

Well I see you’ve brought what amounts to your A game to the discussion.

Your ignorance is only outshined by your sense of self importance evidently.

I am interested in exposing you though. That’s why I’ve asked for clarification. So I can dismantle it point by point. Assuming you have more than one thing to add that is.
Whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: Gus is dead
Whatever.
You know I’m a pretty affable guy. But for you, a consistent peddler of hyperbole, scorn, ridicule and all around unpleasantness you deserve a special sort of treatment.

I’m not joking. You easily are one of the nastiest, mostly disagreeable, disrespectful posters on all of HROT. And that’s saying ALOT. You show others no respect so you won’t get any back.

Lemme know next time you wanna tangle hoss.

Last edited:
Reactions: INXS83
You know I’m a pretty affable guy. But for you, a consistent peddler of hyperbole, scorn, ridicule and all around unpleasantness you deserve a special sort of treatment.

I’m not joking. You easily are one of the nastiest, mostly disagreeable, disrespectful posters on all of HROT. And that’s saying ALOT. You show others no redirect so you won’t get any back.

Oh, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings Mr internet tough guy. LOL at maga victim boy.

I’m not joking. You easily are one of the nastiest, mostly disagreeable, disrespectful posters on all of HROT. And that’s saying ALOT. You show others no redirect so you won’t get any back.

Gus, u just need to phuque off, buddy. Your act is more than a little tired.If your were so damn stupid and simple, I would "ignore" you...but your entertainment value justifies my $100/ annually. Keep oj impressing me, bro!

Gus, u just need to phuque off, buddy. Your act is more than a little tired.If your were so damn stupid and simple, I would "ignore" you...but your entertainment value justifies my $100/ annually. Keep oj impressing me, bro!
I’m just here to even the balance as a con. That’s why I came back. Way too many long long time liberal posters on here coming here for affirmation and to spread propaganda. Many times the cons get bullied on here and its kinda BS that’s all.

Your a decent guy and are historically capable of having good exchanges with. Carolina not so much. It’s totally fine if you want to be his type of poster. But he doesn’t get to act all hurt when the disrespect is given back that’s all I’m saying.

I’m just here to even the balance as a con. That’s why I came back. Way too many long long time liberal posters on here coming here for affirmation and to spread propaganda. Many times the cons get bullied on here and its kinda BS that’s all.

Your a decent guy and are historically capable of having good exchanges with. Carolina not so much. It’s totally fine if you want to be his type of poster. But he doesn’t get to act all hurt when the disrespect is given back that’s all I’m saying.
You're the one that's all butthurt, but carry on with your being the poor little victim. There's a difference between conservatives and maga scum. So, if you don't know the difference, it's likely you aren't conservative.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97 and joelbc1
You're the one that's all butthurt, but carry on with your being the poor little victim. There's a difference between conservatives and maga scum. So, if you don't know the difference, it's likely you aren't conservative.
Well that’s why I asked. Just making sure that you aren’t lumping every conservative in your ‘scum’ group. Because that wouldn’t be cool.

It’s the widdle wokers like you that are truly butthurt (in most cases literally). So don’t strain your brain trying to explain who the conservatives are or aren’t.

It’s the widdle wokers like you that are truly butthurt (in most cases literally). So don’t strain your brain trying to explain who the conservatives are or aren’t.
Oh poor little trumpkin who got his little feelings hurt. FWIW, there is no reason for me to tell you not to strain your brain.

Oh poor little trumpkin who got his little feelings hurt. FWIW, there is no reason for me to tell you not to strain your brain.
Embrace it

308013722_5477053322376197_1461230421210632721_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT