ADVERTISEMENT

“Attack on Education” with “educational gag orders”

May 17, 2021
“The number of “educational gag orders” introduced has increased by 250% compared with 2021, according to PEN America, a non-profit organization that works to protect freedom of expression in the US, as Republican legislators have sought to censor discussion of race and LGBTQ issues from the classroom.”

PEN is the revered organization promoting free speech and free expression, supporting writers and writing globally.

THIS is one of the main reasons teachers have been resigning in droves.

the GQP has declared war on public education and free expression and democracy itself.

FASCISM.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
In the Iowa city school district, there have been so many resignations, and so many unanswered job postings, they are even hiring teachers who have no certification to teach, even though they do have significant qualifications and knowledge of the subject they are teaching. I have friends in administration and they’ve said the situation is dire. Even last year they couldn’t find subs and kids would be in classrooms for most of the day without supervision.

It's a national problem....and I doubt California's problems are because of Republicans.

Or in Washington DC

Or in Oregon...

etc...etc...

Your above post is in no way a reputation of my original post or the report by PEN.

you simply cited articles explaining that states are trying to make it easier for people without certifications to teach. Everybody knows that. But I am posting about the actual problems causing this mass exodus.

I work with schools all the time. Teachers and administrators and librarians should not have to be told that certain books must be banned that do not conform to a Christian fascist worldview.

Teachers and administrators should not have to deal with screaming parents who are active Christian fascists accusing them of being groomers. Etc. The viciousness at board meetings and directed at teachers is a direct consequence of republican policies and Republican rhetoric.

It's a national problem....and I doubt California's problems are because of Republicans.

Or in Washington DC

Or in Oregon...

etc...etc...
I also doubt inner city schools are getting more applicants than they can read. Another Republican stronghold.

The reason it’s a national problem is the MAGA nuts nationwide went and got on school boards to force their views down on everyone.

This is MAGA america folks….and something I have warned about many times over the past few years….we’re in the public education endgame…this has been a long process…

The reason it’s a national problem is the MAGA nuts nationwide went and got on school boards to force their views down on everyone.

This is MAGA america folks….and something I have warned about many times over the past few years….we’re in the public education endgame…this has been a long process…
I don’t think so.

some want schools to teach the core subjects and not what they consider social engineering.

you honestly think all these small towns want their local schools to close so they have to drive their kids to private school many miles away and pay for it?

bullshit. Not even remotely true. But you know that. And if you don’t pull your head out of the political sand.

my guess is I don’t see why some of these books are not being allowed in schools and other books I would agree they don’t need to be in schools.

That's BS....we've had teacher shortages for a while now.

This is from 2015....

Or in Washington DC

Or in Oregon...

etc...etc...

there are rabid MAGA parents and politicians and media people in California and Oregon and everywhere waging war on free speech and on schools.

That's BS....we've had teacher shortages for a while now.

This is from 2015....

The original post is about an attack on free speech and an attack on education.

and yes, absolutely, these attacks are one more major reason why teachers are leaving the profession. There are a number of teachers who post on these boards who have been posting about exactly that for the last couple of years.

I thought that the republican party supported free-speech. They don’t anymore. They have been taken over by fascists and Christian Fascists.

ADVERTISEMENT