ADVERTISEMENT

“Cloth Masks aren’t very effective.”

My daughter's school recently dropped the mask requirement based on the new CDC guidance. She (who is 10) was very excited about not having to wear a mask. Today she asked if she could bring a mask because her friend was not comfortable being around her if she wasn't masked. Her friend is also vaccinated. This makes me sad that her friend is so scared about being around unmasked people. Makes me think this poor girl has not been able to play with anyone unmasked for nearly 2 years. Also makes me sad to think what the parents have done to this poor kid.

You have died on too many hills to count.

I'm standing on the hill with a victory flag

RESULTS
1,112,899 students and 157,069 staff attended 61 K–12 districts across 9 states that met inclusion criteria. The districts reported 40,601 primary and 3,085 secondary infections. Six districts had optional masking policies, 9 had partial masking policies, and 46 had universal masking. Districts that optionally masked throughout the study period had 3.6 times the rate of secondary transmission as universally masked districts. For every 100 community-acquired cases, universally masked districts had 7.3 predicted secondary infections, while optionally masked districts had 26.4.

Mask mandates dropped secondary infection rates nearly 4-fold where they were implemented.

Now that infections have dramatically dropped in most places, we can put them away. But that doesn't mean forgetting they worked.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
I'm standing on the hill with a victory flag

RESULTS
1,112,899 students and 157,069 staff attended 61 K–12 districts across 9 states that met inclusion criteria. The districts reported 40,601 primary and 3,085 secondary infections. Six districts had optional masking policies, 9 had partial masking policies, and 46 had universal masking. Districts that optionally masked throughout the study period had 3.6 times the rate of secondary transmission as universally masked districts. For every 100 community-acquired cases, universally masked districts had 7.3 predicted secondary infections, while optionally masked districts had 26.4.

Mask mandates dropped secondary infection rates nearly 4-fold where they were implemented.

Now that infections have dramatically dropped in most places, we can put them away. But that doesn't mean forgetting they worked.
Lol. If mask mandates worked that well, states with them or without them would have had massive differences in case counts. You find one study that confirms your belief and treat it as gospel. Fauci came out and said cloth masks are useless months ago.

Lol. If mask mandates worked that well, states with them or without them would have had massive differences in case counts.
Except that they weren't applied uniformly statewide

It's why you do studies where the actual districts control use to identify the difference...

• Haha
Except that they weren't applied uniformly statewide

It's why you do studies where the actual districts control use to identify the difference...
You do studies of 50 school district, 6 of which didn’t have mask mandates. That’s the most garbage population sample I’ve ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT