ADVERTISEMENT

“Monumental Gut Punch”

Which has nothing to do with him settling with Iowa and not Bama.
Not going out and getting an elite OC for Iowa when KF has had numerous chances is exactly why Iowa is considered as just settling. Iowa has an elite defense or top ten most years. Why not the offense? You can have a great offense if you actually try to hire the best coaches and recruiters on that side of the ball.

We are all big boys (not as big as KP)
Just the timing was really a slap in the face, No one is or was surprised we didn’t get him , But why jerk the program around until the last minute? Shame on him

This is just my opinion, but our offensive struggles were largely due to issues with the offensive line and correcting poor line play is the highest priority for this program. Losing KP is a big loss no doubt about it. Let’s hope we see significant strides from our existing offensive lineman amd perhaps we can snatch a portal lineman that emerges between now and next season
The OL struggled. But, it was the offensive philosophy that truly showed it‘s failings.

The struggles on the offensive line magnified both the inability of:
1) Our receivers to break coverage downfield, consistently.
2) Our having recruited a QB that did not have the athletic ability to extend plays.

Which, in my eyes — leads back to coaching/recruiting.

Id hate to be 18 and have so many people whispering in my ear trying to tell me what to do. i'm hoping he is thinking what's best for him, not Iowa. I have nothing against, nor should you. It is his life
In that case don’t commit to Iowa and string them along for a year

I wonder if Iowa had the 75th ranked offense instead of the 131st, or whatever it was, would have mattered.
What is embarrassing is how lowly a Senior in HS can think of our current line. He made that pretty obvious in his interview. Didn’t feel like he would be pushed.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
FWIW…might be worth investigating if his GF got a scholarship from Bama, last I heard she was committed to Creighton

The Athletic reports Proctor’s decommitment as:

“...Immeasurable. Proctor was the highest-ranked recruit in state history. He grew up an Iowa fan and wore the same jersey number as former Iowa All-American and current Tampa Bay All-Pro tackle Tristan Wirfs. Proctor had visited Iowa dozens of times, and his commitment was a celebration of sorts. To lose a five-star, homegrown tackle within hours of signing day is a monumental gut punch.”

And as much as I agree, there’s no amount of 5* offensive linemen that are going to make up for the lack of:
1) A consistent mobile threat at QB
2) An alpha X receiver with the size, speed and agility to be fully respected on each down
3) A change in offensive philosophy that values complimentary football, but puts a premium on earning chunks plays by WRs
Well said my Hawkeye brother!

The Athletic reports Proctor’s decommitment as:

“...Immeasurable. Proctor was the highest-ranked recruit in state history. He grew up an Iowa fan and wore the same jersey number as former Iowa All-American and current Tampa Bay All-Pro tackle Tristan Wirfs. Proctor had visited Iowa dozens of times, and his commitment was a celebration of sorts. To lose a five-star, homegrown tackle within hours of signing day is a monumental gut punch.”

And as much as I agree, there’s no amount of 5* offensive linemen that are going to make up for the lack of:
1) A consistent mobile threat at QB
2) An alpha X receiver with the size, speed and agility to be fully respected on each down
3) A change in offensive philosophy that values complimentary football, but puts a premium on earning chunks plays by WRs
#1 is the most important aspect of CFB that Iowa hasn't grasped and the largest reason for our struggles the last few years. Zero threat to hurt the defense once the play broke down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT