ADVERTISEMENT

“Of course I hate wearing a mask, but…”

FlickShagwell

HR Legend
Jun 16, 2003
Omaha, NE
I keep reading these two opinions on masks:

From the complete pussies, outright refusal to wear them, that they represent some kind of oppression - I literally don’t talk to a guy any more who was one of my best friends for 15 years because he equates mask mandates with the New World Order, and from reasonable people that they’ll wear masks if they have to, but they hate doing it. They offer it up as a concession, “I get it that masks suck, but I’ll do it because…”

Where are people like me represented? Are there any people like me? I literally don’t care about wearing a mask AT ALL. Like if I have one on, I don’t even notice. The effort it takes to put one on or take one off, I wouldn’t even qualify as an “effort.” I don’t notice when I have a mask on, and I’ve never once thought “I can’t wait to get this mask off.”

Even the reasonable people who have to qualify their mask usage with an “I hate to wear a mask but,” I equate to “I hate that you have to remember to keep breathing, but…” Like how is wearing a mask not the easiest, doesn’t-even-get-on-your-radar thing in your life?

Surely I can’t be the only one that feels this way, can I?

I bought contact lenses last year for the first time in roughly 3 or 4 years just because of the mask. With contacts, mask is fine. I look less ugly probably. With glasses it sucks

I keep reading these two opinions on masks:

From the complete pussies, outright refusal to wear them, that they represent some kind of oppression - I literally don’t talk to a guy any more who was one of my best friends for 15 years because he equates mask mandates with the New World Order, and from reasonable people that they’ll wear masks if they have to, but they hate doing it. They offer it up as a concession, “I get it that masks suck, but I’ll do it because…”

Where are people like me represented? Are there any people like me? I literally don’t care about wearing a mask AT ALL. Like if I have one on, I don’t even notice. The effort it takes to put one on or take one off, I wouldn’t even qualify as an “effort.” I don’t notice when I have a mask on, and I’ve never once thought “I can’t wait to get this mask off.”

Even the reasonable people who have to qualify their mask usage with an “I hate to wear a mask but,” I equate to “I hate that you have to remember to keep breathing, but…” Like how is wearing a mask not the easiest, doesn’t-even-get-on-your-radar thing in your life?

Surely I can’t be the only one that feels this way, can I?
They suck in the respect that it’s just one more thing to remember and when you wear glasses they fog up sometimes. But it’s not a big deal and not worth giving any headspace. I don’t understand the people who actually believe that this is a control issue. Or some big conspiracy.

They suck in the respect that it’s just one more thing to remember and when you wear glasses they fog up sometimes. But it’s not a big deal and not worth giving any headspace. I don’t understand the people who actually believe that this is a control issue. Or some big conspiracy.
I’ve got 20/20 vision, and I’m a thoughtless person in general, so I’ll make an exception for people with glasses. You guys get to say “I don’t like masks, but I’ll wear them because…” But the rest of you… whoooooooo, boy.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I’m 99.99% with you. ONE time I had a three hour flight with a bumpy landing followed by 45 minutes taxiing to a gate. When I finally got outside of the airport I thought I might have a panic attack before I could get the mask off.

Aside from that one in a million instance, it’s unnoticeable in my life.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
It's hard to smoke a cigarette while wearing a mask.
tumblr_lop4oo3Z3v1qkdfrto1_500.jpg

I find the most inconvenient thing is not knowing what to do. Obviously I could wear a mask everywhere… and maybe that’s what I should do, but I’m out of the habit now and have to figure out if I’ll go all in again

Mostly I’m just exhausted by the whole thing. Wear a mask, don’t wear one, get vaccinated…. Whatever. Just don’t cancel football when it gets cold and the cases climb

I’ve got 20/20 vision, and I’m a thoughtless person in general, so I’ll make an exception for people with glasses. You guys get to say “I don’t like masks, but I’ll wear them because…” But the rest of you… whoooooooo, boy.
I wear glasses and they occasionally get fogged but its such a minor inconvenience that it barely registers.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of people do not like being told they have to do something - even if it is for the common good. Based on my experience, they are generally low IQ rabid anti-government kooks. A neighbor down the block still rants against anyone telling him he can't smoke a Marlboro while drinking a beer down at the bar. That's anti-American. While he is there though he'll tell anyone who will listen that the police should arrest every BLM protester congregating in front of the courthouse LOL

Reactions: 3boysmom
Try working construction in a plant when it’s over 100 degrees inside with a mask on, in addition to your safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs, hair net and a beard net.

It only takes about 30 seconds before either your mask or safety glasses are not being worn properly.

Wearing a well fitting effective mask like my N95 is frigging annoying. Breathing my stuffy air... I couldn't imagine doing it all day.

Some of the surgical masks are much nicer, but... they also don't contain much

We are mandated to wear mask at work if we're within 6 feet. We're also required to wear safety glasses. The mask mandate is nearly totally ignored. Our plant floor would be more like working outdoors than an office. The mask, unless an N95 is theater anyway, and we can't wear an N95, they're not allowed, they require medical certification per OSHA.

My thoughts are, every co-worker had every opportunity they needed to be fully vaccinated by June 15th. We were open to all ages and were turning down vaccine by June 1st. We have 2 active cases there right now. I hope they recover and don't struggle, but this is on them.

Try working construction in a plant when it’s over 100 degrees inside with a mask on, in addition to your safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs, hair net and a beard net.

It only takes about 30 seconds before either your mask or safety glasses are not being worn properly.
Welcome to my everyday.

Wearing a well fitting effective mask like my N95 is frigging annoying. Breathing my stuffy air... I couldn't imagine doing it all day.

Some of the surgical masks are much nicer, but... they also don't contain much

The KN-95 is a good compromise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT