ADVERTISEMENT

“Reduce the population.” - Kamala Harris

Dec 31, 2014
"When we invest in clean energy and electric vehicles and REDUCE POPULATION, more of our children can breathe clean air and drink clean water." - Kamala Harris

Two questions:

Why does she want to reduce the population?

How does she intend for government to achieve this aim?

Reactions: ThiccJimXXX
Anyone with a modicum of wisdom understanding that because our planet has finite resources and humans are using those resources at a rate faster than they are replenished, human population reduction is necessary in the long run.

In societies where women have educational and economic opportunities, access to contraceptives, and good health outcomes for children, the average woman chooses to have fewer than 2.0 children and the population eventually decreases. I think that a world with one or two billion people living good lives is better than a world of 12-15 billion with the majority of people struggling economically or even to just survive.

Anyone with a modicum of wisdom understanding that because our planet has finite resources and humans are using those resources at a rate faster than they are replenished, human population reduction is necessary in the long run.

In societies where women have educational and economic opportunities, access to contraceptives, and good health outcomes for children, the average woman chooses to have fewer than 2.0 children and the population eventually decreases. I think that a world with one or two billion people living good lives is better than a world of 12-15 billion with the majority of people struggling economically or even to just survive.
The birth rate in Africa is the only thing standing between the world and a slowly declining population. US population would be falling were it not for...wait for it...immigrants.

The American left: Reduce the population.

The American left: Let everyone come to America.
The issue here is that you fail to understand the basic mathematical principle of conservation, which states that moving objects (or people) around doesn't change the total number of objects (or people). If this description is too complicated, find a kindergartener and ask them to explain it to you.

Harris is correct.
The world has finite natural resources and the current trajectory with climate issues is concerning.

I guess I don't have any problem with what she said, but I can see how political adversaries would try and spin her words.

Saying something is obviously true is not sound logic.

What would you think if I said “anyone with a modicum of wisdom understanding knows the earth is flat.” ?

Would that be persuasive to you?
Overcrowding a finite space isn’t a flat earth argument.

I don’t want to live stacked up like people in Hong Kong or New York.

A walk in the 800 acre park behind my house is a truly different experience than a walk in Central Park’s 800 acres.

Are you going to tell me not to believe my lying eyes?

Would that be persuasive to you?

Reactions: mthawkeyes
The issue here is that you fail to understand the basic mathematical principle of conservation, which states that moving objects (or people) around doesn't change the total number of objects (or people). If this description is too complicated, find a kindergartener and ask them to explain it to you.

Tell that to the mayors of NYC, Denver and Chicago. That'll make em feel so much better.

"When we invest in clean energy and electric vehicles and REDUCE POPULATION, more of our children can breathe clean air and drink clean water." - Kamala Harris

Two questions:

Why does she want to reduce the population?

How does she intend for government to achieve this aim?

Is it phase 3 of the new world order where we cull off the republicans or is that phase 4? I always forget.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
The American left: Reduce the population.

The American left: Let everyone come to America.
This is the crux of the issue. I’m all for more people, I just don’t want to pay hundreds of thousands for more of my own kids (2 is enough).

Republicans want more people just not more BROWN people apparently. If you want more people why are you against immigrants?

Harris is correct.
The world has finite natural resources and the current trajectory with climate issues is concerning.

I guess I don't have any problem with what she said, but I can see how political adversaries would try and spin her words.
I’d be more curious as to whether she misspoke off the teleprompter or if this is truly a long term stance of hers. I’m actually in favor of reducing the population base on our current trajectory, as you said.

It’s been a few years since we’ve had a thread on population growth or lack thereof, but when we did, I was in favor of reducing. Those on the left were adamantly against it. If this is Kamala’s true stance, I wonder what changed.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I’d be more curious as to whether she misspoke off the teleprompter or if this is truly a long term stance of hers. I’m actually in favor of reducing the population base on our current trajectory, as you said.

It’s been a few years since we’ve had a thread on population growth or lack thereof, but when we did, I was in favor of reducing. Those on the left were adamantly against it. If this is Kamala’s true stance, I wonder what changed.
Looks like Russia is doing its part at pop. reduction:)

This is the crux of the issue. I’m all for more people, I just don’t want to pay hundreds of thousands for more of my own kids (2 is enough).

Republicans want more people just not more BROWN people apparently. If you want more people why are you against immigrants?

Never said I wanted more people.

Immigration could be far better regulated. With the House being controlled by the GOP, maybe the Democrats should try to negotiate to produce bipartisan legislation to address the issue. Wait, that already happened.

You're not a serious person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT