ADVERTISEMENT

“The Mule”

Saw it this weekend on HBO......It was good, not great - I agreed w/ the Rotten Tomatoes audience score 66%

I don't think I've ever seen a movie that I didn't agree w/ the RT score...…..

I don't have to agree with someone's politics to enjoy their work. I really like Clint as a director with the exception of the 15:17 to Paris.

Almost word for word what I was going to post. I do wonder if Eastwood would've been cast for his role if he wasn't also the director.
I thought CE did an outstanding job playing an old man who has made a lot of mistakes, has second thoughts and is given a way to "correct" the past mistakes via the "new age" route....with money. In the end, he realizes he did his best, corrected the past honorably and realized the money, altho gave him "instant gratification" was not necessary.
Probably way tooo much, huh?
See what you think when you get older/retired and gain some age/time left perspective.

Reactions: hawkssox1
I thought CE did an outstanding job playing an old man who has made a lot of mistakes, has second thoughts and is given a way to "correct" the past mistakes via the "new age" route....with money. In the end, he realizes he did his best, corrected the past honorably and realized the money, altho gave him "instant gratification" was not necessary.
Probably way tooo much, huh?
See what you think when you get older/retired and gain some age/time left perspective.

Yes, I guess I didn't analyze it that much - Just thought it was "missing" something. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe would have been better to kill him off at the end. Have the cop shoot him? I also was expecting something Tarentino-esque happening to the Hispanic guy they mistakenly pulled over......It was a good movie....Started better than it ended.

Almost word for word what I was going to post. I do wonder if Eastwood would've been cast for his role if he wasn't also the director.

I thought Eastwood fit the role perfectly....Though, damn I couldn't hear him half the time. Maybe I'm getting old...…..

I watched it with very little idea what it was going to be about, and liked it more than I expected. I expected it to be heavy and dark.

Anyone else Watch/like this latest Clint Eastwood offering?
Not too bad...good effort from an 88 year old guy! There always was a lot more to Eastwood than Rowdy, the Man with No Name or Dirty Harry.

I thought it was okay. Not a theater movie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT