ADVERTISEMENT

“Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president,”

My constitutional law is a little rusty so I had to look up Article 2. It’s really interesting stuff. Here is what Article 2 actually says:

“I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything”

Of all the crap we have to endure with him, THAT is the one thing that scares me the most.

I'm curious first of all what you mean and secondly what happens in those cases?

I am guessing you mean that he refuses to accept the results of the election. I mean what happens in that case? Do we have to at 12:01 PM on Jan 20 send US Marshals or someone into the WH to carry the man out of the oval office?

Or worse what happens if he starts telling his supporters to rise up against the new government/president?

Of all the crap we have to endure with him, THAT is the one thing that scares me the most.
Secret Service will move him along quickly. It's going to be his continued use of Twitter and attention grabbing stunts after he leaves office that we will suffer. Presidents have usually been worn down by the burden of the office and are ready to fade into the background. So the next guy can govern without a distraction due to their presence in public sphere. Trump can't keep his yap shut he'll continue giving his uninformed opinions about anything. No matter the damage it might cause.

I'm curious first of all what you mean and secondly what happens in those cases?

I am guessing you mean that he refuses to accept the results of the election. I mean what happens in that case? Do we have to at 12:01 PM on Jan 20 send US Marshals or someone into the WH to carry the man out of the oval office?

Or worse what happens if he starts telling his supporters to rise up against the new government/president?

What if he tells his AG to throw out the election results? And the Senate refuses to do anything?

Honestly, the only thing that would surprise me is if he graciously exits the office the way previous families have.

What he will try to do/pass when he knows it is ending...pardons he will gladly trade for a business deal...just nothing will shock me.

Secret Service will move him along quickly. It's going to be his continued use of Twitter and attention grabbing stunts after he leaves office that we will suffer. Presidents have usually been worn down by the burden of the office and are ready to fade into the background. So the next guy can govern without a distraction due to their presence in public sphere. Trump can't keep his yap shut he'll continue giving his uninformed opinions about anything. No matter the damage it might cause.

This.

Reactions: FlickShagwell

To be fair of all the scary situations I would say this is probably the most likely. Trump might refuse to recognize the results of the election but won't fight it. Instead he probably refuses the traditional meeting with his successor likely takes off for Mar-a-lago or Trump Tower before the inauguration and doesn't show up for the inauguration. Certainly won't leave a note on the desk in the oval office like others have done or if he does it will probably be such an angry diatribe that the new president will lie and say there was no note just to avoid seeming petty.

The transition will likely be a nightmare. He likely then takes to twitter talking about how the election was rigged against him and like 500 million illegals voted. He will then even more time on twitter ripping on everything his successor says or does.

I am hoping that he doesn't show up to the traditional events that ex presidents usually do and ruin things and just sticks to being an angry man on twitter and possibly writing a book about what a great president he was and how he could have been greater if it wasn't for those Dems.

So *probably* nothing really scary just a sad state of affairs. But I'm not discounting anything with Trump.

The bigger concern to me is getting to an electoral result so that we actually have to worry about this.
While I cannot imagine a more loathsome person than Donald Trump ever being President of the United States, I am confident that he will leave office if the electoral college selects someone else. I am also confident, however, that he will milk it for all it is worth that he might not leave. Remember, he thinks the presidency is a TV show and runs it accordingly. He will give some sort of, "Many intelligent people are telling me that I should not leave office. We'll see." He'll drag it out just for the attention/ratings. When he then does leave in January he will claim to be a hero for doing so and state he is the first sitting president ever to do this.

Thing is, he probably believes what he's saying because no one within his administration has the nads nor the time to sit down and explain it to him.

To an outsider, one might think his high turnover rates was because of this.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Thing is, he probably believes what he's saying because no one within his administration has the nads nor the time to sit down and explain it to him.

What's worse is that he might know what he's doing and has been getting briefed on German history in the 1920s and 1930s. He said this to a "youth group." Hitler youth group, anyone?

The bigger concern to me is getting to an electoral result so that we actually have to worry about this.
While I cannot imagine a more loathsome person than Donald Trump ever being President of the United States, I am confident that he will leave office if the electoral college selects someone else. I am also confident, however, that he will milk it for all it is worth that he might not leave. Remember, he thinks the presidency is a TV show and runs it accordingly. He will give some sort of, "Many intelligent people are telling me that I should not leave office. We'll see." He'll drag it out just for the attention/ratings. When he then does leave in January he will claim to be a hero for doing so and state he is the first sitting president ever to do this.
I have seen some projections that predict Trump can lose by an even bigger margin in the popular vote in 2020, and still win the EC. One projection was losing by 5 million votes, but still winning the EC.
I actually do have a little heart about him losing the EC. I think he will fuss and bluster, but the system only allows for one president. On inauguration day he would cease to have any real power. Fudging enough states to put the EC in doubt would be hard, And, I also have a small belief that a lot of republicans would be okay letting go in January of 2021. McConnell will come out and say he fought hard against Trump's worst impulses.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT