ADVERTISEMENT

“We’ve changed the looks of his groin forever if you know what I mean,”

seminole97

HR Legend
Jun 14, 2005
In Polk County Florida, a 30-year-old man is facing multiple charges after his attempt to start a house fire.

The man was identified as Luke Neely from Lakeland, Florida. Here is all the craziness that went down:

It started Sunday morning when Polk County Deputies received a 911 call at 8:11 AM about a man in a Northlake Neighborhood throwing a "Molotov Cocktail" incendiary weapon at a residence.

When police arrived on the scene they witnessed Neely getting into a Chevrolet pickup truck and driving away.

The deputies followed him and tried to conduct a traffic stop, but Neely was not pulling over. He lead police on a wild chase driving south on U.S. Highway 98.

Sheriff Judd said that the deputy then attempted a precision immobilization technique – or PIT maneuver – on the truck, but was not successful and Neely proceeded to drive onto westbound Interstate 4.

If you've never seen a PIT maneuver, here is a quick video.

Eventually, police were able to block and end the pursuit in the area of the westbound on-ramp to Interstate 4 from Branch Forbes Road in Hillsborough County after ramming the truck.

After the vehicle was stopped, Neely stepped out of the truck with an AR-15 that was fully loaded and also had a fully loaded handgun on his hip.

Deputies shot at Neely “incapacitating him.”

Sheriff Judd said that Neely was shot twice in the right leg, once in the left leg, and once in the groin.

“We’ve changed the looks of his groin forever if you know what I mean,” Judd later said at his press conference.

Neely was taken to the hospital and treated for the multiple non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.

"We are in the early stages of this investigation. We thank the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for independently investigating this use of force and we appreciate the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office assistance with the scene investigation. One of our deputies sustained a wrist injury, but other than that, the only person who was injured is the arsonist who fled from our deputies and threatened them. For this I am very thankful.” Sheriff Judd said in the statement.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating further.

ADVERTISEMENT