ADVERTISEMENT

“What a ruuude person you are!”

“That’s enough of you!”

Trump just said that to a journalist that asked him a normal question and then tried a follow up.

Pure insanity.
tenor.gif

Given the tone and text of the question, I actually think he handled it pretty well.

Really? Seriously? Can you show me a previous president who answered a question like that?

I mean don't get me wrong they would pivot to a completely different response and avoid the question entirely quite often. That's in "Being a politician 101". But responding like that?

Wow....Trump bristled when asked a question from a female reporter. Color me surprised.

Dude is a grade-A misogynist a**hole.

There's a part of me that can understand back in 2016 that after 2 decades of Clinton/Bush presidencies, as all as Obama's time, why people wanted something different from another Clinton, or the hodgepodge of GOPers that ran that year. Trump said whatever popped into his mind and I can understand that - we all get tired of the typical political non-answers and deflections. But after 3 years of Trump treating people like this, and seeing that maybe there is a point to the niceties and traditions of high office, I really, really hope we never see someone like Trump in the Oval Office again.

LC, I could semi-understand that response if the reporter had asked some sort of personal question. That was a legit question, and Trump shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. He treats reporters, especially female reporters like that all the time.

Really? Seriously? Can you show me a previous president who answered a question like that?

I mean don't get me wrong they would pivot to a completely different response and avoid the question entirely quite often. That's in "Being a politician 101". But responding like that?

LC is trolling.

He playin'.

There's a part of me that can understand back in 2016 that after 2 decades of Clinton/Bush presidencies, as all as Obama's time, why people wanted something different from another Clinton, or the hodgepodge of GOPers that ran that year. Trump said whatever popped into his mind and I can understand that - we all get tired of the typical political non-answers and deflections. But after 3 years of Trump treating people like this, and seeing that maybe there is a point to the niceties and traditions of high office, I really, really hope we never see someone like Trump in the Oval Office again.

LC, I could semi-understand that response if the reporter had asked some sort of personal question. That was a legit question, and Trump shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. He treats reporters, especially female reporters like that all the time.

You are correct.

But at this point we're beyond noting the head-scratching "defense of the indefensible," as if it's some sort of recent phenomenon. Trump, on national TV, mused about the possibility of ingesting/injecting disinfectant. And his supporters, after a day of conspicuous silence, countered with the usual "he didn't literally say that, and even if he did, he wasn't serious" posturing. So, at this point, Trump supporters are either just that stupid, trolling, or willfully ignorant.

In short, constructive dialogue with any one of them, as it relates to their revered cult leader, is an impossibility.

Given the tone and text of the question, I actually think he handled it pretty well.

No Clone, he didn't. He is a mentally ill, misogynistic, malignant narcissist that has proven to be ill equipped to lead this country, especially in a time of crisis. People that support and defend Trump are almost as disgusting and repulsive as Trump himself, almost.

No Clone, he didn't. He is a mentally ill, misogynistic, malignant narcissist that has proven to be ill equipped to lead this country, especially in a time of crisis. People that support and defend Trump are almost as disgusting and repulsive as Trump himself, almost.

I would argue they're worse.

Trump can't help it.

Reactions: lonesomedove
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT