ADVERTISEMENT

“What a ruuude person you are!”

Yeah right! This is an election year. If the president comes out with a plan the Democrats are going to oppose it and deride it as will the mainstream media. He is better off allowing the Senate and House craft a plan and signing it, unless it has a poison pill.

Except Senate Republicans aren’t going to do shit because they are terrified daycare Donnie will fire up the tweet machine and oppose it.

A leader would work with Republicans and Democrats to get something passed, or admit you oppose a further bailout.

Oh, hell yes. Maybe you didn't see the post where I said I was mistaken to say he handled it well. What I should have said was that I didn't blame him for being rude to the reporter.

And for that matter, you DO realize that if he had said precisely what you wrote, he would have been pilloried for ducking the question and not having a plan, right?

Perhaps, but that’s what politicians do all the time. Understand, there is absolutely nothing that the government can do to reverse this immediately. It simply isn’t going to happen. There is no plan. There can’t be. Doesn’t matter if it’s Donald Trump, Barack Obama, or George freakin Washington in the White House.

All that’s left is empathy. That’s what he can do.

Perhaps, but that’s what politicians do all the time. Understand, there is absolutely nothing that the government can do to reverse this immediately. It simply isn’t going to happen. There is no plan. There can’t be. Doesn’t matter if it’s Donald Trump, Barack Obama, or George freakin Washington in the White House.

All that’s left is empathy. That’s what he can do.
I don't disagree with a word of this post. Which is why it was a moronic question.

No one can reverse this immediately, but one should be working on a vision for how best to replace the jobs that won't be returning and prepare those who lost their careers for the new economy.

I don't disagree with a word of this post. Which is why it was a moronic question.

If you’re going to say a reporters question was moronic because there is no good answer to the question, well, you’re indicting an entire profession, one in which I believe you were part of.

It’s like sports reporters. They ask the same questions and basically get the same answers. He didn’t have to fly off the handle and start with the name calling. Many of us in this board have repeatedly said he doesn’t have the temperament to be president. This is EXACTLY why.

Reactions: RileyHawk
The tone of the question was clearly snarky. It’s time for reporters to ask honest questions instead of loaded agenda driven questions.

WTF is the press for? To pussy bait the administration? The press is supposed to ask hard questions. The problem is the press is a bunch of cowards that let the POS off by not answering questions. He just goes to another reporter to bail him out. The press corps should form up and agree to press him on important questions. Agenda? Jesus Christ.

If you’re going to say a reporters question was moronic because there is no good answer to the question, well, you’re indicting an entire profession, one in which I believe you were part of.

It’s like sports reporters. They ask the same questions and basically get the same answers. He didn’t have to fly off the handle and start with the name calling. Many of us in this board have repeatedly said he doesn’t have the temperament to be president. This is EXACTLY why.
In my opinion, she asked the question with the intention of evoking a response that could be criticized.

We are faced with a pandemic of historic proportions. Businesses are in financial distress and I understand people are hurting. I’m working with members of Congress, governors, and the business community to minimize the impact to our citizens, but we have to understand that the first priority is to ensure the safety of the people of the United States. We can get the people back to work, but we need to do it safely.

How about that? A complete non answer that shows empathy and doesn’t insult anyone.
Question for LC, If Trump had made the above statement or something like it, would we be having the problems we are having now with the fight over wearing/not wearing a mask, are we opening up too early/not soon enough etc. etc.? It’s called leadership and Trump has none. He has hurt this country and he has hurt it bad...

In my opinion, she asked the question with the intention of evoking a response that could be criticized.

And reporters do that all the time. All the time. Do you think that’s an anomaly that arose during the current administration?

Again, I’ll draw the sports analogy. There’s a bunch of pressure that goes with being the Yankees shortstop. Constant comparisons to Jeter. Reporters in that media market are going to ask tough questions and try to elicit a response. That is just the way it is done. In the words of the legend Ice-T, "don’t hate the playa, hate the game." Or, if you want to go back even farther, "hate the sin, love the sinner".

Again, just because she asked a question intended to evoke a response doesn’t mean he needed to respond like that. As I said, this shows EXACTLY why many of us think he does not have the temperament to be President of the United States.

Let's be honest here LC, whether its intended or not, just about any Q&A with Trump is going to be criticized and deservedly so because he lies or is misleading just about every time he opens his mouth. Still incredible people, some educated (perhaps you fall in this category), can willingly support a man that has shown over decades to be one of the worst human beings on the planet, a con to the core, misogynistic, a malignant narcissist grifter of the highest order. Shame on you and all his enablers.

You asked me why I thought the question was moronic and perjorative. I answered. What else did you ask?

EDIT FOLLOWS

I just reviewed the posts and see you asked me if there was anything incorrect in his post. First, it is possible to make technically true statements in a deranged manner.

But that aside, he said Trump called the virus a hoax. That claim has been discussed and debunked in previous threads.

He said South Korea and the US identified the virus on the same day. That's close enough for government work -- it was Jan. 20 for South Korea and Jan. 21 for the U.S. -- but he said Trump did nothing for 70 days. That is untrue. Trump formed the task force 8 days later and instituted the partial travel ban from China two days after that.

He said Trump repeatedly praised China for transparency. I can only find one time he did so, and that was when the WHO was putting out false information.

He implied the travel ban was ineffective. The experts disagree.

It would take less time to list the things in the post that can be shown to be true.

L.C. Your opinions and attitudes exactly mirror the conservative world of disinformation and falsehood. The Fox world of reality. It is follows the script down to the letter, period and paragraph.

There is no way to dissuade you from anything on any matter. You have the anti-reality view drilled into your brain. This is the Fox/Limbaugh/Hannity reality that has taken over more than 30% of our society.

You are a lost sole. The above post proves that.

L.C. Your opinions and attitudes exactly mirror the conservative world of disinformation and falsehood. The Fox world of reality. It is follows the script down to the letter, period and paragraph.

There is no way to dissuade you from anything on any matter. You have the anti-reality view drilled into your brain. This is the Fox/Limbaugh/Hannity reality that has taken over more than 30% of our society.

P5NJXRHZ7ZDTTLKBWVQE643NM4.jpg

Well, maybe, but at least I can spell "soul."

Let's be honest here LC, whether its intended or not, just about any Q&A with Trump is going to be criticized and deservedly so because he lies or is misleading just about every time he opens his mouth. Still incredible people, some educated (perhaps you fall in this category), can willingly support a man that has shown over decades to be one of the worst human beings on the planet, a con to the core, misogynistic, a malignant narcissist grifter of the highest order. Shame on you and all his enablers.
Is it possible you are a reporter? You seem to have that mind set.

And reporters do that all the time. All the time. Do you think that’s an anomaly that arose during the current administration?

Again, I’ll draw the sports analogy. There’s a bunch of pressure that goes with being the Yankees shortstop. Constant comparisons to Jeter. Reporters in that media market are going to ask tough questions and try to elicit a response. That is just the way it is done. In the words of the legend Ice-T, "don’t hate the playa, hate the game." Or, if you want to go back even farther, "hate the sin, love the sinner".

Again, just because she asked a question intended to evoke a response doesn’t mean he needed to respond like that. As I said, this shows EXACTLY why many of us think he does not have the temperament to be President of the United States.

While he didn't call anyone rude this does remind me how much (deserved) criticism Cam Newton got after walking out of a post SB interview after losing the SB.

That guy just throws a football around for a living. POTUS has the nuclear codes and acted worse.

Well, maybe, but at least I can spell "soul."

K

You still live in the warped Fox News version of reality. One where a guy who can't handle a pointed question from a reporter is still somehow an acceptable person to have the nuclear codes.

Is it possible you are a reporter? You seem to have that mind set.

definitely not a reporter LC. I'll also point out I grew up republican, remained that way for a long time but simply cannot stand behind or beside a person like Trump. He has infected the republican party (and country) and perhaps caused irreparable harm. It didn't matter whether it was any of the 10 or 12 democratic candidates, I would have voted for any of them instead of Trump. It saddens me that people I've known and loved for years, are willing to cast their vote for such a terrible human being.

Actually opening up the states is a pretty good plan for Trump. If a miracle happens and it works, Donny gets to take all the credit. If it goes down in flames, Donny gets to blame the governors.
He's already said the governors that have high ratings are because of Trump's efforts...

ADVERTISEMENT