ADVERTISEMENT

“What a ruuude person you are!”

“That’s enough of you!”

Trump just said that to a journalist that asked him a normal question and then tried a follow up.

Pure insanity.
If only we could say the same to him, and actually be able to do something about it.

LC,
I have enjoyed your perspective for a number of years but your fawning over this president's lack of social skills is remarkably disappointing.

Reactions: NoleATL
I always assumed Trump gave Trump like responses to most all reporters who confuse him or who ask a non-MAGA question. I assumed male reporters are regularly called "nasty" or other some such, is it really only females?

LC,
I have enjoyed your perspective for a number of years but your fawning over this president's lack of social skills is remarkably disappointing.
I have repeatedly criticized his lack of social skills. In this case, the reporter asked a moronic question in a perjorative manner. I don't think it deserved a polite answer.

Could he have been rude in a better way? Probably. I didn't say he handled it perfectly.

The tone of the question was clearly snarky. It’s time for reporters to ask honest questions instead of loaded agenda driven questions.

People that support and defend Trump are almost as disgusting and repulsive as Trump himself, almost.
Moreso...and it's not even close. Trump is legitimately mentally ill. He literally can not speak a word that he doesn't believe is the absolute truth. His followers know he's a full-of-shit lying horse's ass...and they just do not care.

Reactions: lonesomedove
I have repeatedly criticized his lack of social skills. In this case, the reporter asked a moronic question in a perjorative manner. I don't think it deserved a polite answer.

Could he have been rude in a better way? Probably. I didn't say he handled it perfectly.
Why was it moronic? I'd like to know what the plans are to address historic unemployment. "Opening up" isn't going to do it. And how was it pejorative?

Reactions: srams21 and DFSNOLE
Actually opening up the states is a pretty good plan for Trump. If a miracle happens and it works, Donny gets to take all the credit. If it goes down in flames, Donny gets to blame the governors.

Biden is slowly losing his mind.

And he's still leaps and bounds more cognitively dexterous than Trump.

I would agree with that. Biden is not back to normality he's only a bridge in that direction. He's more presidential and more able to understand complex topics than Donald Trump but he's still not what you would want.

Actually opening up the states is a pretty good plan for Trump. If a miracle happens and it works, Donny gets to take all the credit. If it goes down in flames, Donny gets to blame the governors.
Correct, if goes well he will take the credit, if it goes badly he will say “well the CDC warned them about that”

Trump’s press conferences have hurt him I think.

When pressed I can be pretty rude. I keep it under wraps most of the time.
I agree but Trump obviously doesn't. His tweets about the ratings of his press conferences indicate that he believes he's doing a bang up job.

Reactions: Nipigu
Why was it moronic? I'd like to know what the plans are to address historic unemployment. "Opening up" isn't going to do it. And how was it pejorative?
Taking last things first, the reporter clearly implied that the unemployment was Trump's fault.

As for the plans, everybody knows the only answer to unemployment is putting people back to work, and everybody knows that depends on the pandemic. He is being criticized for urging reopening of the economy. Meanwhile, the government is dumping trillions of dollars into the economy, and he's urging deregulation to make it easier for companies to function. He's also pushing for a massive infrastructure program.

Finally, the claims about picking on the reporter because she's a woman indicates that the critics have never seen Trump respond to male reporters who ask similar questions. His exchanges with the CNN guy are legendary, and he once told the head of the White House press corps that he'll never amount to anything because of his hostile attitude.

Taking last things first, the reporter clearly implied that the unemployment was Trump's fault.

First of all I'm not necessarily agreeing with you I'm saying this in big part because I havn't listened to how she said it and am assuming you may be right.

So what? You think every question Obama or the Bushes or Clinton got was a super friendly one? He's the flipping president of the United States. You are suppose to answer all sorts of questions as POTUS. But he again shows for like the billionth time that the job is to big for him as much as a set of XXXL clothes are too big for a newborn infant. And you for the billionth time try to minimize that.

It's hilarious to me how many of his supporters think he's macho or "alpha" but when rubber meets the road he doesn't even have the spine to answer some potentially hostile questions. He is literally the wimpiest president we have ever had and it's not even close. Every other president faced media hostility both deserved and undeserved head on. This coward calls people names, refuses to answer their questions and runs away.

I hope no one ever attacks us while he's president. If he had to face a 9/11 he'd be found hiding under the desk in the oval office wetting himself.

First of all I'm not necessarily agreeing with you I'm saying this in big part because I havn't listened to how she said it and am assuming you may be right.

So what? You think every question Obama or the Bushes or Clinton got was a super friendly one? He's the flipping president of the United States. You are suppose to answer all sorts of questions as POTUS. But he again shows for like the billionth time that the job is to big for him as much as a set of XXXL clothes are too big for a newborn infant. And you for the billionth time try to minimize that.

It's hilarious to me how many of his supporters think he's macho or "alpha" but when rubber meets the road he doesn't even have the spine to answer some potentially hostile questions. He is literally the wimpiest president we have ever had and it's not even close. Every other president faced media hostility both deserved and undeserved head on. This coward calls people names, refuses to answer their questions and runs away.

I hope no one ever attacks us while he's president. If he had to face a 9/11 he'd be found hiding under the desk in the oval office wetting himself.
We disagree on some things. But for the record, I have never said he was an alpha person, and I have frequently criticized him for being childish and thin-skinned.

As for the plans, everybody knows the only answer to unemployment is putting people back to work, and everybody knows that depends on the pandemic. He is being criticized for urging reopening of the economy. Meanwhile, the government is dumping trillions of dollars into the economy, and he's urging deregulation to make it easier for companies to function. He's also pushing for a massive infrastructure program.

Finally, the claims about picking on the reporter because she's a woman indicates that the critics have never seen Trump respond to male reporters who ask similar questions. His exchanges with the CNN guy are legendary, and he once told the head of the White House press corps that he'll never amount to anything because of his hostile attitude.
"Why haven't you announced a plan...?" implies unemployment is his fault? You have to be kidding. It's a legit question about his lack of communication on the subject.

The plan for unemployment is to get everyone back to work? Brilliant! FFS, that's not a plan, that's a wish. There will be many, many people out of work for a long time even when the economy opens up fully. What's the plan to get them back to work? If deregulation and infrastructure projects are part of that plan, say so. The American people would like to know that. Then answer the follow ups of deregulating what and what are the infrastructure targets? Those are all legit questions for him to be asked and prepared to answer. Instead he deflects because he has no idea what he is doing.

It's true Trump has had some rifts with some specific male reporters but the number of female reporters that get bashed and shut down in this matter is far greater. His reputation on this is earned as well.

We disagree on some things. But for the record, I have never said he was an alpha person, and I have frequently criticized him for being childish and thin-skinned.

To be fair, that's why I said his supporters and not you. But you know as well as I do a lot of his core supporters think he's macho.

I question though if you believe him to be childish why you minimize this childish behavior?

Reactions: lonesomedove
I know most are frothing and in attack mode but there are rules.
7z3l9thvjql41.jpg

4ltnuzn44qr31.jpg

PaulaReid.PNG

Reactions: ThorneStockton
To be fair, that's why I said his supporters and not you. But you know as well as I do a lot of his core supporters think he's macho.

I question though if you believe him to be childish why you minimize this childish behavior?
1. I don't think I minimize his childish behavior. Nor do I minimize the fact he's a bully and a general asshole. I've said as much on numerous occasions here.
2. On third or fourth thought, I shouldn't have said he handled it pretty well. It was a moronic question posed in an argumentative manner, but that's not unusual at a Trump press conference.

Trump does own the record unemployment we are experiencing right now, you enabling goat. Here are the facts...Covid was identified in South Korea and the US on the same day. South Korea has leadership that took it seriously, had a plan and executed it. Meanwhile, the US has a grifting conman that is a malignant narcissist in charge, who dismantled groups and teams specifically designed to deal with these threats, dismissed the virus as a hoax, praised China repeatedly for their transparency and essentially did NOTHING for approximately 70 days. His travel ban from China is often used as a crutch to suggest he did something right, but it was not a complete ban as he falsely suggests and his supporters for some reason believe his lie and misrepresentation. Its a bad look to watch, read and see people try to defend and stick up for the worst president this country has ever seen, history will show that to be an accurate statement. History will also not be kind to those that have enabled and supported the complete fraud that Trump is. Simply put, he is clearly a terrible person and human being and when you put someone like that in charge, bad things are inevitable.

1. I don't think I minimize his childish behavior. Nor do I minimize the fact he's a bully and a general asshole. I've said as much on numerous occasions here.
2. On third or fourth thought, I shouldn't have said he handled it pretty well. It was a moronic question posed in an argumentative manner, but that's not unusual at a Trump press conference.

I don't know if the question itself was moronic. I can't say if it was argumentative or not. But again he's the president, you deal with that stuff, every modern president has. Argumentative or even pointed questions are not unusual for any presidential press conference.

The dumb thing is that if Donnie could have put his big boy pants on for COVID he'd be smoking Biden in the polls right now.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman

No you just voted for him, defend his actions consistently on this board (in this instance placing blame on the reporter and calling a benign question moronic) and will vote for him again. Nope, no minimization here!

ADVERTISEMENT