ADVERTISEMENT

“witnesses surface to say Christine Ford may have mistaken them for Kavanaugh”

Just curious...if the investigation takes place and nothing is found....what do you think the political ramifications are...if any?
Probably about a two week delay in the vote which if nothing is found will ensure an R victory. It’s telling that Rs don’t want that cover, which makes me think they know an investigation would find something.

Here's the thing...be careful what you wish for....

If the Dems get the FBI investigation they want it may delay Kavanaugh's appointment and ultimately sink it till after the mid-terms....which would be a Dem "win" BUT.....

If the FBI comes back and determines the accusations are baseless or unfounded before the mid-terms it'll have a very negative impact and could very well mitigate the "blue wave" the Dems are counting on.

I just think this could all come back negatively on the Dem's depending on how this plays out...
I don't see anything wrong with that. If the vetting is done in a legit manner and it is found the accuser was not telling the truth then so be it.

Hah, but you knew my intent. So you are not as obtuse as we thought. You see through the thinly veiled B.S. playing out in Washington, just as much as the Republicans do, you are just smirking at it.

I don't see anything wrong with that. If the vetting is done in a legit manner and it is found the accuser was not telling the truth then so be it.
JFC, the Democrats want to leave this an open issue for midterms so they can run against Roe vs. Wade. Ain't gonna happen.

My point is there will be a political price to pay...how much? IDK...

If a investigation comes back with nothing....it basically reinforces every Republican talking point whether you agree with them or not.

Women who were raped by Kavanaugh are “liars making up these stories!”

Guys stepping forward saying they actually raped these women instead are “clearly telling the truth”.

LMAO...my God is the GOP pathetic, desperate, and despicable.
I wonder how much you get paid for stepping up and saying, "He's not the rapist, I am." Should be a lot I'd think. Although I suppose some of the righties here would do it for nothing just so people would think they had sex of some sort once.

DoDSzPxWkAAgiLG.jpg:large

That has already been addressed. Anyone with intelligence knows that bringing out these kinds of accusations will create a shit-storm and claims that she's a liar/slut/political plant. There will be death threats and all kinds of other attacks. I'd guess seeing him getting a circuit seat didn't warrant going public but seeing him getting close to a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land prodded her to face the storm.

Now you can believe or disbelieve her story but her waiting to come forward until now makes perfect sense. Do you discount the women who came forward to accuse Bill Cosby because some waited decades to do so? Hell, the woman who's sending him to jail came out within a year of his attack on her and was dismissed. It took over 15 years before she got justice...and had to go through the trial twice.

No it doesn't make sense and Bill Cosby is getting justice served. However, Bill Cosby never was background checked like BK was. Apples to Oranges. I look at both sides here and smell a drummed up witch hunt and all for political purposes. Like I have been saying. BK was accused, condemned and a never from the Dems. This sexual accusations if true, I highly doubt, has done nothing in raising the bar for the Dems. This could very well back fire on the Dem party.

Yep. This coulda been handled all quietly, if someone had simply asked the FBI to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT