ADVERTISEMENT

•••Iowa City Pizza ADVISORY•••

You gots to be careful with those pizza cutters. The round ones aren't so bad, but the ones shaped like a scythe will cut the hell out of you!

Reactions: GOHOX69
Falbos sucks now, at least the Coralville one does. Slices got smaller and they started charging more for the lunch special.

PSA: If you want the best pizza cutter for home use Sonoma Williams has it.
All other cutters are M2ers.
epicurean-pizza-cutter-c.jpg

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/epicurean-pizza-cutter/

I dunno...lots of ways to hurt yourself in a restaurant kitchen.

If they shred their own cheese using a Hobart cheese grate, you'll have to chop the block of cheese to fit it into the chute. In fact, if they prep things such as peppers, tomatoes, onions, etc...multiple ways to cut yourself. Hell, could have done it washing dishes too. All cooks in restaurants do a bit of dishwashing in some fashion.

If you work in a restaurant kitchen, cuts and burns go with the territory. They just happen.

I have a damn good story about Pagliais employees beating the shit out of a drunken and probably coked out jackass who shouldn’t have sucker punched their coworker at a bar across the street after work. This was probably 13-14 years ago though so the current staff is probably not near as badass

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Is Mesa still there? Why the f*** did it take so long to walk to their counter? It was like the longest pizza place ever.

I got pepper sprayed at Falbo’s one time.

My buddy (used to post here under the name bulliesofthebigten) and I were in line after bar close one night in 2009. Line out the door, everyone trashed, etc. We’re like the 4th or 5th people in line and can see that the staff is clearly flustered and then as we’re paying attention, it turns out that there’s some idiot who’s like 4 times drunker than we are, and he keeps trying to walk behind the counter. He’s basically a zombie.

So every time he does this, the poor guy behind the register has to stop what he’s doing and push the guy back out into the lobby and it’s generally making life hard on everyone. So, full of liquid courage as I am, when he starts making his way toward the partition again, I grab him, intending to chuck him out the door. Right as I grab him, this chick working behind the counter comes running up with her thing of mace or whatever and means to spray the guy but just completely douses my face. Direct hit. Nothing but net. Woulda been good from 70.

Now I’ve got seemingly gallons of tears, saliva, and snot pouring out of my face, I’m blind and I stagger to the door and slump down on the side of the building not really sure what to do with myself. Certainly didn’t want to wander out into Gilbert Street. Next few minutes are a blur (literally) but then my buddy and the manager come out and he thanks me and tells me our slices are on the house. So that was neat. Had a fun story to tell at afties.

Still, if I could do it over again, I would’ve just paid for my slices and let them deal with the dude.

Last edited:
I got pepper sprayed at Falbo’s one time.

My buddy (used to post here under the name bulliesofthebigten) and I were in line after bar close one night in 2009. Line out the door, everyone trashed, etc. We’re like the 4th or 5th people in line and can see that the staff is clearly flustered and then as we’re paying attention, it turns out that there’s some idiot who’s like 4 times drunker than we are, and he keeps trying to walk behind the counter. He’s basically a zombie.

So every time he does this, the poor guy behind the register has to stop what he’s doing and push the guy back out into the lobby and it’s generally making life hard on everyone. So, full of liquid courage as I am, when he starts making his way toward the partition again, I grab him, intending to chuck him out the door. Right as I grab him, this chick working behind the counter comes running up with her thing of mace or whatever and means to spray the guy but just completely douses my face. Direct hit. Nothing but net. Woulda been good from 70.

Now I’ve got seemingly gallons of tears, saliva, and snot pouring out of my face, I’m blind and I stagger to the door and slump down on the side of the building not really sure what to do with myself. Certainly didn’t want to wander out into Gilbert Street. Next few minutes are a blur (literally) but then my buddy and the manager come out and he thanks me and tells me our slices are on the house. So that was neat. Had a fun story to tell at afties.

Still, if I could do it over again, I would’ve just paid for my slices and let them deal with the dude.

A fantastic story. I have forgotten most of my I.C. stories.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
ADVERTISEMENT