ADVERTISEMENT

0% CFB happens this year

• Thread starter anon_ts5cfra6drv7r
  • Start date
I have very serious doubts the season takes place. Simply no way to contain the virus. In a contact sport, way too many variables in the mix to be able to pull a season off successfully and keep teams and coaches healthy.

Well it needs to be decided if we are slowing this all down or trying to eliminate it. If we are not going to eliminate it, just open everything up, let everyone get it already and deal with the consequences of that. Otherwise, shut everything, EVERYTHING down for 3 weeks or a month and let's wipe it out already. IT's pretty obvious that whatever we've been doing hasn't worked.

There has never been a respiratory virus that has not been defeated by herd immunity. It IS the only way, slowing the spread is simply allowing the virus to circulate our country for a longer period of time.

Not at all. It’s a completely different virus. Why would you think they act in the same way. We also had much better leadership and government action then as well oppose to a POTUS who continues to spread misinformation.
Seriously, why is it so hard to leave politics out of it?

Reactions: Hawkdome
Why is the NCAA drawing this out?! Just cut it now and make a plan for the future.

Agree, I’m actually not very confident there is a 2021 season either. Which then raises the question of what college football will look like in the new normal? Could be many schools decide to just not field teams, especially if we don’t have a successful vaccine and schools move to a virtual learning format going forward.

Walk me through what happened during the H1N1 Pandemic of 2009. I’ll help you out a bit. Virus emanated from Mexico - No Border Closing - No Travel Ban - No Social Distancing - No Masks - No Business Or School Closings (unless Business or School opted to do so on their own - No Sport Seasons terminated - No Testing - Worthless Vaccine - No attempt to shut the Nation Down. Do you not find that odd?
The H1N1 vaccine is far from worthless - it is 67% effective. That's infinitely better than not having one at all.

Reactions: GOHOX69
This. After this month I’m cancelling and will get Hulu whenever sports are back. YTTV is going to 65/month. May as well get Hulu for 55 and enjoy the perks of Hulu.
To be able to skip commercials on the DVR costs $10 monthly with HULU so the price is the same if you need that(couldn't live without it myself). Hulu has the basic hulu with commercials with the service plus a couple channels I'd watch occasionally that YouTube doesn't have in A&E and Vice.
Youtube has several I would miss that Hulu doesn't have in AMC/IFC/MLB Network/NBA/Paramount/Sundance/Comedy Central. They are going to lose a lot of customers if sports doesn't happen but I guess for me, YouTube is still my best option but they are pushing me close to leaving if sports is shut down.

There will be a look into scholarships and distribution. People act like there is limitless money in athletics. If this has shown us anything it’s that it’s a house of cards if not allowed to play.
Well...yeah. In order to cash flow the operation you have to have revenue. You earn revenue by putting on an event, a game. No games, no spectators, no revenue. That's not a house of cards, that's business.

Well...yeah. In order to cash flow the operation you have to have revenue. You earn revenue by putting on an event, a game. No games, no spectators, no revenue. That's not a house of cards, that's business.
Paying coaches millions with one the highest paid public employee in Iowa makes Iowa Football a house of cards I'd say.

Hey Folks, just a few thoughts on this whole pandemic and college football. Go to a more regional schedule. See if a special waver can be granted by the BIG and NCAA. Iowa would play: Minnesota, Iowa State, K-State, KU, Missouri, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska (GBR), Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and whoever else is with in 500-600 miles. Travel would be better for the teams and fans. This would be a one year situation only. Go Huskers!!!

Hey Folks, just a few thoughts on this whole pandemic and college football. Go to a more regional schedule. See if a special waver can be granted by the BIG and NCAA. Iowa would play: Minnesota, Iowa State, K-State, KU, Missouri, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska (GBR), Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and whoever else is with in 500-600 miles. Travel would be better for the teams and fans. This would be a one year situation only. Go Huskers!!!
Why is travel an issue? They are not flying commercial with a bunch of strangers hacking in the middle seat.

let’s not forget, they are going to get it at bars, parties, dorms, apartments, and dining halls.

Starting to agree that there won't be. All my local gyms are still closed. NL rec center opening up on the 6th, but not the courts, and with no age restrictions despite almost all deaths coming from the obese and elderly. CRWC gonna be closed until next year it looks like.

This whole thing has been mismanaged by everyone. We needed to immediately accelerate a vaccine through challenge trials. Too late now, by the time we have a vaccine next year everyone will have either recovered or died through infection.

Why is travel an issue? They are not flying commercial with a bunch of strangers hacking in the middle seat.

let’s not forget, they are going to get it at bars, parties, dorms, apartments, and dining halls.

Maybe it is the cost of air travel that is an issue. Budgets down, staff pay being cut etc. not being able to have full stadiums etc will further cut revenue. Lots of belt tightening coming.

Let's say one coach or play dies, from any school D3 and up. What happens? Shut down immediately. Why are we pretending like this won't happen? Stringing this shit along is stupid and dangerous. Every program, every week has cases. Wait until the heisman front runner gets it.

Get a grip, you act like playing football is the only way they could get exposed to it. They are going to get exposed anyway unless they hide in your house with you forever.

Let's say one coach or play dies, from any school D3 and up. What happens? Shut down immediately. Why are we pretending like this won't happen? Stringing this shit along is stupid and dangerous. Every program, every week has cases. Wait until the heisman front runner gets it.
I don’t see a difference between a player dying from a virus, then dropping dead with heat stroke or taking a nasty hit to the head. There’s risks in college football as in every walk in life. The question is if the risk is significantly higher and the data says no. Young people recover. Sure at some point someone will die and it will be tragic. but no different then the guy carted off the field imho. To get a free education and a shot at making the NFL makes the risk worth taking, virus or not.

Reactions: unclesammy
I don’t see a difference between a player dying from a virus, then dropping dead with heat stroke or taking a nasty hit to the head. There’s risks in college football as in every walk in life. The question is if the risk is significantly higher and the data says no. Young people recover. Sure at some point someone will die and it will be tragic. but no different then the guy carted off the field imho. To get a free education and a shot at making the NFL makes the risk worth taking, virus or not.
God you can't be serious, no wait you are. Now I say you are the dumbest MF I've seen on the board, and that's says a lot!! Enjoy the 4th.

Reactions: littlez
Half of covid deaths have been from 5 states that signed executive orders to put covid patients into nursing homes. That was hardly an accident. Next take the people that died from a heart attack, a car accident, etc that had covid. Guess what was listed as cause of death...you got it....covid. Why? You guessed it.... $$$$. Most facilities are paid 13 to 21k more financial support from the gov vs other deaths. If you want to hear the truth about testing let me know but I am extremely close to the medical industry and know hundreds of docs/nurses/administrators. The truth is a bunch more worrisome than what you hear on the nightly news.
As a healthcare professional this is the dumbest and least informed thing I’ve ever heard. I hope these conspiracy hospitals choose not to treat your dumb ass should you have a problem

God you can't be serious, no wait you are. Now I say you are the dumbest MF I've seen on the board, and that's says a lot!! Enjoy the 4th.
So you think football should just be banned period? Virus or not. If there is risk for injury, illness, or death, it must be eliminated from our daily life. Enjoy that bubble.

Agree, I’m actually not very confident there is a 2021 season either. Which then raises the question of what college football will look like in the new normal? Could be many schools decide to just not field teams, especially if we don’t have a successful vaccine and schools move to a virtual learning format going forward.
There is no possible way these Universities can survive if they go long term to online only learning. Besides the cost of employing profs and staff, there is the actual physical upkeep of the universities themselves. These online only schools have extremely limited physical space or upkeep, unlike the universities. You can't charge anywhere near what these schools do for an online only education. Nor will students have any reason to "attend" major universities if there is no on campus experience, right of passage mingling with other students, and not the least of which includes college sports especially football and basketball.

I don’t see the season taking place. There’s really no way to control/manage players testing positive... especially in a contact sport. It will be a total cluster if college football moves forward with playing.

Reactions: GOHOX69
As a healthcare professional this is the dumbest and least informed thing I’ve ever heard. I hope these conspiracy hospitals choose not to treat your dumb ass should you have a problem

Curious - which part of his post was incorrect?

Hospitals receiving more funds for COVID positive case: True
Die in car accident COVID positive it is a COVID death per CDC: True

I don’t see the season taking place. There’s really no way to control/manage players testing positive... especially in a contact sport. It will be a total cluster if college football moves forward with playing.
The PR will be better if there is no football and all the athletes get it via parties, dorms, apartments, and dining halls.

will be interesting if the big time athletic departments can take out loans on future revenue or if they will lay-off hundreds of people. If kids are not in dorms the state schools will be laying off thousands at each school.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
The PR will be better if there is no football and all the athletes get it via parties, dorms, apartments, and dining halls.

will be interesting if the big time athletic departments can take out loans on future revenue or if they will lay-off hundreds of people. If kids are not in dorms the state schools will be laying off thousands at each school.
UIowa already is laying off housing staff

ADVERTISEMENT