ADVERTISEMENT

1,300 Unaccounted For In California?

Mar 14, 2003
Jesus, I hope they find them. That would be a terrible way for that many people to die. Already have the death count at 76.

Hopefully they wentctocstaycwith friends and relatives and don’t know they are considered missing.

Seems very high for a developed country.

I must admit I have no idea what these fire storms are like.

No cheering from the "Can't wait for California to fall into the ocean" crowd?
I had a discussion once with a guy from California who was commenting about a toddler from fly-over-country becoming a niblet when he was killed by an alligator at a Disney resort, because they were too stupid to understand the dangers on the coast.
My comments to him were the people from fly-over-country would be waving at them when they were getting destroyed by wildfire and thanking them for the beautiful sunsets caused by the smoke.

So, call me a ass, but I'm not too worked up either way about this.

I had a discussion once with a guy from California who was commenting about a toddler from fly-over-country becoming a niblet when he was killed by an alligator at a Disney resort, because they were too stupid to understand the dangers on the coast.
My comments to him were the people from fly-over-country would be waving at them when they were getting destroyed by wildfire and thanking them for the beautiful sunsets caused by the smoke.

Jesus

Reactions: Gimmered
I read somewhere that they're not releasing all the info at once, and are instead releasing info in batches of about 100 people each because they get swamped with calls after each release and doing more than that would overwhelm their customer service resources.

I suppose if remains can’t be found, they have to go through the procedures of declaring a death in absent of a body or other physical evidence. That process would normally require a certain amount of time to pass. So I wonder if it’s just a matter of time until the official toll rises substantially.

Yep. Some guy on a plane was an ass about something so who gives a f uck if people die in a fire from his state?

In a house fire, you're going to die from smoke inhalation before the flames reach you.

Not sure how that works if you're caught in a car or on foot outside.

Yep. Some guy on a plane was an ass about something so who gives a f uck if people die in a fire from his state?
Actually it was a guy on a forum, and yeah pretty much, I'm a dick like that.
I don't feel sorry for people who build housed at or below sea level when they lose their house. Pretty much the same when they build in historic fire zones. If you can't even get fire insurance it should be a good indicator there might be a problem.

The guy's comments that day was it is part of the package, that is pretty much my response to this too.

So build a house in an area that could have a wildfire. Then you die in a wildfire = oh well?
Yeah. Now you get me.

The Chinese have a different outlook on death and disasters, they morn for their loved ones but they understand there are too many people so they don't see death as a horrible thing. For some reason I'm wired a bit like that. Kinda like Darwin awards I guess.

in this day and age of everyone being in constant contact with social media and phones and selfies... that number seems high

Yeah. Now you get me.

The Chinese have a different outlook on death and disasters, they morn for their loved ones but they understand there are too many people so they don't see death as a horrible thing. For some reason I'm wired a bit like that. Kinda like Darwin awards I guess.
this is why I contend liberals and communists and new world order freaks want to kill everyone off too. they think there are too many people

Reactions: Gimmered
this is why I contend liberals and communists and new world order freaks want to kill everyone off too. they think there are too many people

Understanding that the Earth simply cannot support a ever-increasing population of apex predators (such as us) is FARRRRRRRRRRRRR different from wanting to just kill people off........how people like you just start arbitrarily connecting dots is baffling?

Reactions: ParkerHawk
Actually it was a guy on a forum, and yeah pretty much, I'm a dick like that.
I don't feel sorry for people who build housed at or below sea level when they lose their house. Pretty much the same when they build in historic fire zones. If you can't even get fire insurance it should be a good indicator there might be a problem.

The guy's comments that day was it is part of the package, that is pretty much my response to this too.

What did your parents do to you for you to turn out like this? Were you separated from your caretakers at a young age?

I suppose if remains can’t be found, they have to go through the procedures of declaring a death in absent of a body or other physical evidence. That process would normally require a certain amount of time to pass. So I wonder if it’s just a matter of time until the official toll rises substantially.

This is how black ops mercenaries are made.

What did your parents do to you for you to turn out like this? Were you separated from your caretakers at a young age?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with how I turned out, and no there was no childhood trauma here. I value life and I have sympathy, I also understand that we live in a very free society. People make decisions on where they should live and the risk involved. Life happens.

Trump thinks that people not raking caused this. Disgusting person.
We're gonna need to let in a lot of Mexicans if he's going to rake every square foot of underbrush on public lands out west.

I listened to a story on NPR earlier in the week about the initial search process. Basically they will go through the remains of a house and look for what might have been a bed, or a bathtub hoping they find bone fragments nearby. The theory being that many died in bed, or sought last refuge in the tub in desperation. In some cases they will have to use sifters to find anything big enough to be used for identification purposes. As the fire went through Paradise it was burning with incredible intensity.
Like many others I am hoping this is mostly about people who bugged out and haven't been able to contact loved ones, yet.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with how I turned out, and no there was no childhood trauma here. I value life and I have sympathy, I also understand that we live in a very free society. People make decisions on where they should live and the risk involved. Life happens.

I'm curious about your thoughts on the Holocaust. Should the Jews should have moved before and really shouldn't have been there in the first place?

Mass murder is quite a bit different than deliberately building a house below sea level, don't you think?

Now that's something I don't know about history. Did Hitler give them a chance (and the ability) to leave Germany before starting the roundups?

Understanding that the Earth simply cannot support a ever-increasing population of apex predators (such as us) is FARRRRRRRRRRRRR different from wanting to just kill people off........how people like you just start arbitrarily connecting dots is baffling?
well, how in the heck else do you propose having less people? you gotta kill them off somehow....either by abortions or diseases or spreading drug use around or killing the eggs with contraception, so on. radiation poisoning. the feds shipping in bad drugs. see barry seal.

well, how in the heck else do you propose having less people? you gotta kill them off somehow....either by abortions or diseases or spreading drug use around or killing the eggs with contraception, so on. radiation poisoning. the feds shipping in bad drugs. see barry seal.

You forgot war and famine.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
and this narrative about the earth not supporting.... made up garbage. I was being told as a kid that we would run out of oil by the time I was 40. never happened. the earth produces more. the oil is like the blood of the earth. we produce more blood as humans, the earth produces more oil. I contend we had this land chosen for us. either by a god or an alien. may be the same entity. they chose this earth for us then placed us here, precisely because it could support us. all of us. we didn't just evolve here! think about it: why would we evolve in a place which could not support us? we should have evolved on another planet that was more plentiful.

Mass murder is quite a bit different than deliberately building a house below sea level, don't you think?

I was just curious how sadistic you are, I know where I stand. The Jews didn't need to be in Europe, they could have avoided their fate, life happens right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT