ADVERTISEMENT

1% of the Population is Trans

I’m not sure if mental illness exists anymore or not.

It definitely does. I know this guy who had a renter with a big family and no visible means of support move in next door. He became convinced it was all a conspiracy to get him out of the neighborhood. Now, he is completely nuts and says everything twice.

Reactions: Rudolph
NauticalSpanishEmperorpenguin-max-1mb.gif

Wouldja OP?
How can that be answered truthfully without knowing if she has a sense of humor?

We just had an OBGYN doc be unable to answer the question “What is a woman?” in front of congress.

Now the reason she said she didn’t know wasn’t that she didn’t know. It was that regardless of whatever definition she gave, a huge chunk on that 1% would have been pissed for reasons they don’t even know and it would have been a lead story for half of the media outlets and the subject of 90% of the following tweets.
That might be a reason but I'd bet that's not the main reason.

You're obviously very highly knowledgeable regarding world history.

You need to turn your TV off - that's part of your problem.

Solid post, btw 👊

The only "TV" I watch is streaming. Do I need to stop watching Netflix? Please let me know!

Good luck finding all of those commies that McCarthy failed to find. Outstanding post, like the previous one I replied to.

That might be a reason but I'd bet that's not the main reason.

Yeah, it all started with putting fluoride in our drinking water.

And, it's been an ever increasing slippery slope ever since.
Imagine being so mentally weak you let the government turn you gay... At least the frogs put up some resistance. I think the GQP is a little to willing.

Because the left has done an admirable job of convincing them that it is "normal",
Another stupid comment from our clueless, bigoted right.

It's not that we are convincing anyone that it's normal, it's that we are tolerant of their differences. Even when we might be having trouble understanding them, we give them room and don't attack them.

The only time cons even use the word "tolerant" is when they are repeating some wingnut meme about how liberals aren't being tolerant in some particular case where tolerance shouldn't even be an issue, like child rape.

Reactions: TheCainer and Flie
Christian mockery is the best.

Wasn't trying to mock so much as make a point. There appears to be more than 2 genders in their lexicon and many of those don't seem to require one to make any changes about themselves or changes as to whom they have relations with.

Seriously what's stopping me from declaring myself "agender" and demanding everyone use "they/them" pronouns for me? Nothing from what I'm reading demands that I make any sort of appearance changes, changes in heterosexual marriage.

Sure it is. Goes back to Obama fading the abortion question with the “above my pay grade” non-answer. She’s a doctor for women. If she can’t answer then no one can.
I would suggest that the main reason she chose to dodge was because the answer is too nuanced and would only invite ignorant attacks. And that's assuming that the bigot asking the question would even let her give that nuanced answer.

Rs don't do nuance.

Reactions: TheCainer
Wasn't trying to mock so much as make a point. There appears to be more than 2 genders in their lexicon and many of those don't seem to require one to make any changes about themselves or changes as to whom they have relations with.

Seriously what's stopping me from declaring myself "agender" and demanding everyone use "they/them" pronouns for me? Nothing from what I'm reading demands that I make any sort of appearance changes, changes in heterosexual marriage.
Sounds to me as though you are at least as confused in this arena as I am. The difference is I express my confusion and wish someone could clarify things. I don't attack, and I try not to mock.

What would Jesus do?

Imagine being so mentally weak you let the government turn you gay... At least the frogs put up some resistance. I think the GQP is a little to willing.
Ha.

Then again, imagine being so mentally weak that you let FOX and R politicians turn you fascist or racist or anti-science.

The most propagandistic efforts our government has undertaken this millennium have been to con us into multiple wars and to get us to wear masks. Very successfully in the case of war; not so much with masks.

Sounds to me as though you are at least as confused in this arena as I am. The difference is I express my confusion and wish someone could clarify things. I don't attack, and I try not to mock.

What would Jesus do?

Who would you even ask questions of? Who's an expert on how many genders there are and what's required for declaring yourself one of them.

That is a problem there does not seem to be any consistency to any of this.

It definitely does. I know this guy who had a renter with a big family and no visible means of support move in next door. He became convinced it was all a conspiracy to get him out of the neighborhood. Now, he is completely nuts and says everything twice.

Reactions: Gonolz and Rifler
"Transsexualism" at least made sense.

But why still the "trans" and not just "genderism?" I mean if biological sex exists on a continuum and new genders are being discovered like planets then gender on, I guess.

What then, is the need to go under the knife - or any transformative procedure - to align with a binary view, the very notion transgenderism calls out?

Huuuge contradiction, imo.

Who would you even ask questions of? Who's an expert on how many genders there are and what's required for declaring yourself one of them.

That is a problem there does not seem to be any consistency to any of this.
That's my problem, too, which is why I said I thought we might be equally confused.

If someone says they are trans, who am I to argue? But, on the other hand, what does that mean?

What were they when they were born? Which genitalia do they have now? What gender(s) are they attracted to, if any? What bathroom should I direct them to? And so on.

The designation "trans" just isn't very helpful.

We make assumptions about people by the way they look and behave. Sometimes those assumptions can be wrong, but they usually aren't. I don't mind having my assumptions challenged or upset, but when they are, at the end of the process I want to have better understanding. When dealing with this issue, I have yet to arrive at a better understanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT