LuteHawk

HR Legend
Nov 30, 2011
Forbes magazine has just released their top ten cities:

1. Tampa 2. Jacksonville 3. Gainesville 4. Cape Coral 5. Orlando
6. Miami 7. Melbourne 8. Sarasota 9. Tallahassee 10. Pensacola

Forbes looked at key lifestyle factors: average home price,
personal income per capita, cost of living, unemployment rate,
crime rate, access to health care, public transit.

Do you folks who live in Florida have any comments on the
Forbes rankings?

Jacksonville is a s***hole. And yes, I've unfortunately spent a significant amount of time there. If it's the 2nd best city to live in FL, the entire state is a s***hole.

Key West would be #1 it it weren’t for home price, income, cost of living, public transit, unemployment and drag queens per capita.
I’d like to own a home there someday, but we would airbnb it out for most of the year. We go down probably 4-5 times a year. It’s our home away from home.

Reactions: NoleATL
Gainesville on the list is the most puzzling. I remember seeing Coral Springs on a top 10 places to live in America list recently and it’s not even on this list.

Reactions: blackbones
Key West would be #1 it it weren’t for home price, income, cost of living, public transit, unemployment and drag queens per capita.
That is kinda a long list to overcome, but the positives are strong, I hear. Just visited once as a kid, so no input.
Listing Cape Coral as a city surprised me.
Tally is a challenging spot to make a top spot, but the Big Bend area has some hidden gems… Apalachicola is a spot I could spend time in, tho not a “city”.

Reactions: NoleATL
Jacksonville is a s***hole. And yes, I've unfortunately spent a significant amount of time there. If it's the 2nd best city to live in FL, the entire state is a s***hole.
Art Animation GIF by Squirlart

What city do you think is the best?
We have to be on the list somewhere.

Having lived on both the east and west side of Jax (on a golf course and Neptune Beach), I disagree. Same with Gainesville. Lived in Newberry. Nice place.

Safety Harbor
Ft Walton Beach
Naples
St pete’s(what the out of towners say)
Coral Gables
Ponte vedra
North Palm Beach
Stuart
Sarasota

I continued to be shocked at home prices. A place close to my brother in law just went for $1.2. It’s a 2/2 an and just off Flagler. Not like it’s a historical conch house in Oldtown.

I continued to be shocked at home prices. A place close to my brother in law just went for $1.2. It’s a 2/2 an and just off Flagler. Not like it’s a historical conch house in Oldtown.
My cousins have lived down there for going on 30 years on their boat. One drives a cab and the other does PT. Living the life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT