ADVERTISEMENT

10 teams have 2 wins

Sounds like Big Ten is way down this year.

How bout this. With only one week left in the regular season, the B1G still has 6 teams with 2 losses or less...all against P5 teams. It must be really strong this year.

Fun to play with statistics...ain't it?

The B1G is .500. That is the only possible outcome of a conference only schedule.

Well, since each game has 1 winner and 1 loser, and there have been no non conference games this year, I’m pretty sure the big ten is .500 in all games. So your stat, while interesting, doesn’t really speak to being “down”. Unbalanced maybe, but I don’t know how you can draw any conclusions and it being up or down.

Also.... Hard to win more than 2 when half your games are cancelled. (See wisconsin and Maryland). 2-2 records and it's December 6th.

Not that I'm shedding any tears for wisconsin!

Reactions: sober_teacher
Find a year, any year. In Big Ten history with 70% of the teams with losing records?

tenor.gif

dont be so stupid dude . they are only playing conference games

Find a year, any year, in the last 75 years when 70% of the Big Ten schools had losing intra conference records? This “stupid dude” is a former Big Ten Conference employee who published the Big Ten Record Book. Who’s calling who stupid?

• Haha
Reactions: papabeef
Find a year, any year, in the last 75 years when 70% of the Big Ten schools had losing intra conference records? This “stupid dude” is a former Big Ten Conference employee who published the Big Ten Record Book. Who’s calling who stupid?
Well for starters 57% of the league has a losing record this year. Sounds like nothing got by you in the record books.

Reactions: StallmanCurse

Good job moving the goalposts by adding “intra conference records.” However, now, you’re 70% assertion is wrong. I already provided an answer to your first question...was that not enough?

OP may have a point. The B1G only has 6 teams in the top 25. That's not even half of the conference. ;)

The "big" 12 has 3...now that's a power conference.

Someone else already said it, but most of the conference has had multiple games cancelled, which is a major reason for the statistical oddity.

sure you are . lol . if all conference games are played the outcome can only be a as many wins as losses . math is not a strong suit i see . lol

So you worked in a print shop. Cool.

Where do they publish the Big Ten Record Book? I'll assume you can answer this in 5 minutes since you did it.

🙂

Reactions: Fran_Man
We'll be laughing at IA State long after the season is over.

Congrats on winning in that weak league.

ISU can't be wait until their non-conference games are done each year, so they can rack up some wins against those b12 "powerhouses"

4/10 vs 4/14 in the rankings that matter. Your post didn’t even age 24 hours before looking stupid.

So the last several weeks didn't exist, only this one? Gotta love those selective clone data points. Of course there are fewer B1G teams ranked, it's called cannibalization. They're beating each other...not losing to, say... Louisiana or something. Shortened seasons due to C-19 don't help either.

With such limited access to reason and logic, you shouldn't be tossing around the word stupid so haphazardly.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerkyFan
So the last several weeks didn't exist, only this one? Gotta love those selective clone data points. Of course there are fewer B1G teams ranked, it's called cannibalization. They're beating each other...not losing to, say... Louisiana or something.

With such limited access to reason and logic, you shouldn't be tossing around the word stupid so haphazardly.

Clown fans are “pick and choosers”. They are masters at telling the world what does and doesn’t count. It changes either from day to to day or week to week depending on how things do or don’t support their bogus arguments.

The best part is that they then wonder in amazement as to why they are laughed at and not taken seriously. Well gee Beave I can’t figure it out either.

So the last several weeks didn't exist, only this one? Gotta love those selective clone data points. Of course there are fewer B1G teams ranked, it's called cannibalization. They're beating each other...not losing to, say... Louisiana or something.

That's funny! Yeah pretty much the most current rankings are what people go by. You want to put more basis on rankings from weeks ago when fewer games were played rather? All conferences have been playing each other for the last 10 weeks! The Big 12 has played a hell of a lot more games against each other than the Big Ten has. We all play 9 conference games too. We don't avoid any teams at the top like you guys or only play 5 or 6 or 7 conference games.

That's funny! Yeah pretty much the most current rankings are what people go by. You want to put more basis on rankings from weeks ago when fewer games were played rather? All conferences have been playing each other for the last 10 weeks! The Big 12 has played a hell of a lot more games against each other than the Big Ten has. We all play 9 conference games too. We don't avoid any teams at the top like you guys or only play 5 or 6 or 7 conference games.
Screw The Clowns

Called it. isu fan goes to the “pick and chooser” card once again. Dazzle us some more with your vast football knowledge.

We want more.
We want more.
We want more.
We want more and clown fans will give it to us because of the little brother syndrome they are afflicted with.

Called it. isu fan goes tot he “pick and chooser” card once again. Dazzle us some more with your vast football knowledge.

We want more.
We want more.
We want more.
We want more and clown fans will give it to us because of the little brother syndrome they are afflicted with.

So it's not fact that 4/10 Big 12 teams and 4/14 Big Ten teams are currently ranked in CFP top 25? I'm not picking and choosing anything. Just summarizing what the great committee led by your Iowa AD has concluded through 12 weeks of football season. Surely you heard the great things he said about the Cyclones' resume last night right?

Good name and nice comeback. Hard to dispute anything I said right?

Why do clown fans keep changing their arguments? They close one argument and when gets trashed they spin onto something just as bogus.
Hey 98 clown are you one of the Clown attorneys for Trump? Sure looks like it.

There's your selectivity again. When you don't play a full round robin you avoid teams ALL OVER the standings, not just the top. You don't know which it is, until the season plays out. (who would have guessed Penn St would be 2-5 or Indiana 6-1). Same is true by PLAYING a full round robin. Everybody gets the bad teams too, not just the good ones.

I hope to hell you're not an engineer or in some technical or analytical job...your rationale is pathetic.

0-3 against the Sun Belt speaks volumes.

So it's not fact that 4/10 Big 12 teams and 4/14 Big Ten teams are currently ranked in CFP top 25? I'm not picking and choosing anything. Just summarizing what the great committee led by your Iowa AD has concluded through 12 weeks of football season. Surely you heard the great things he said about the Cyclones' resume last night right?

Here is what I know. The Texas Ten is hot garbage. This year will be no different than the last several where people thought the big 12 was mighty only to see them get boot stomped in bowl games.

Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT