ADVERTISEMENT

10 Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion In Ohio

I don’t disagree that the other bill could have been put up for a vote as well, especially after the first failed. I remain unconvinced the 60 votes were there to pass the bill regardless.
I am also not convinced the proposed bill to legalize bortions for rape, incest, and life of the mother gets the necessry 60 votes in the Senate.

Suppose it does pass and become federal law. Immediately you have states like TX, MO, and AL (to name a few) quickly act to:

- pass intrusive regulations which forces the doctor, hospital, and even the victim to essentially prove -under criminal and civil penalty - that the pregnancy was the result of a rape or incest, or that the mother's life ws in danger; and

- state prosecutors who will criminally charge doctors and hospitals alleged to have violated said regulations and women who fail to report it soon enough or alleged to have falsely claimed that the pregnant was the result of a rape, etc.

The Christian right is on a modern day crusade to force birth all pregnancies and they fervently believe that God commands it. The oppression would still be there. Doctors, hospitals, and rape victims would decide it is not worth the risk and seek medical services elsewhere .... which is exactly what they want.

I think you are kidding yourself. There are too many GQPs who are afraid to piss off the GQP extremists...
Still good chance at 60….better than putting forward a bill Schumer knew was only going to get 49 votes.

Fails it gives the D’s something better to beat the R’s over the head with.

I don’t understand the outrage. Abortion is not banned nation wide. It is left up to the states. So she has to travel to a different state? WTF cares! She is still exercising her right in states that allow it. Why does this enrage people so much?
You can’t understand why having to travel to another state under dire time constraints would be a burden especially to marginalized communities? Or how this entire debacle is exacerbating trauma on a 10 yo? I’d like to welcome you to the real world as well.

Last edited:
Because if you read the polls restrictions like 15 weeks poll favorably. Or more specifically…poll well in red states.

Complete abolition….not so much

Only around 15% of the public would ban abortions in cases of rape and incest.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...nt-want-stricter-restrictions-poll-finds/amp/
But they’re not stopping at 15 weeks. Reynolds this week asked the Iowa Supreme Court to reverse its ruling on the heartbeat bill. Other GOP states are looking at similarly restricted bills.

Because Jesus... God had this child raped and now god would force this child to deliver a baby... would a 10 year old ever survive that? Thankfully abortion is still legal in Indiana.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports:

I'm still struggling how a 10 year old was able to get pregnant. Is it the GMOs? Geebus!

But they’re not stopping at 15 weeks. Reynolds this week asked the Iowa Supreme Court to reverse its ruling on the heartbeat bill. Other GOP states are looking at similarly restricted bills.
They’ll have to answer to their voters.

Just arguing the baseline bill of rape/incest/life of mother had an infinitely better chance of getting to 60 than the bill he only got 49 votes for…

I don’t understand the outrage. Abortion is not banned nation wide. It is left up to the states. So she has to travel to a different state? WTF cares! She is still exercising her right in states that allow it. Why does this enrage people so much?
If you have to travel somewhere else, it's not a right any longer. I'm glad you think it should be, it absolutely should. Too bad the court is now packed with Christian activists.

Schumer should have put forward a baseline abortion bill in cases of rape/incest and the life of the mother instead of one he got 49 votes for….

It would have passed in both houses …still would…won’t be brought up.

That said Ohio need to change their law…this is heinous
I love this line of thinking. "The Democrats didn't do enough to stop the Republicans from actually doing the awful things! It's their fault!"

Schumer should have put forward a baseline abortion bill in cases of rape/incest and the life of the mother instead of one he got 49 votes for….

It would have passed in both houses …still would…won’t be brought up.

That said Ohio need to change their law…this is heinous
Wow dude, this is a shit take. First blame you place is Schumer? What in the actual fvck…

Checked twitter. The response from the right is somehow to blame the parents for a) not preventing the assault b) not getting her plan b. Not sure what world they live in, but it would be great if they joined reality.

Anyone who thinks Plan B is safe from the right wing jihadists are crazy. Plan B and IUDs, at a minimum will be gone. They are post conception contraception.

If you have to travel somewhere else, it's not a right any longer. I'm glad you think it should be, it absolutely should. Too bad the court is now packed with Christian activists.
Listen, this is a terrible incident that happened to this girl. There are circumstances that I feel are certainly justifiable. People seeking health care many times need to travel outside of their area to not only seek care, but competent and efficient care. Look at Iowa Children’s Hospital. They provide services and treatments nobody else can. All I am trying to say is that this girl can certainly still access care and exercise her rights in other states. I would hope the girl is getting the appropriate mental health care, also, to help her deal with the trauma and future PTSD she will endure.

Because Jesus... God had this child raped and now god would force this child to deliver a baby... would a 10 year old ever survive that? Thankfully abortion is still legal in Indiana.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports:

I call total BS on this article. But of course, all you liberal buffoons jump on here believing the story.

In Ohio, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of June 28, 2022:
  • A patient must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage the patient from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided. Counseling must be provided in person and must take place before the waiting period begins, thereby necessitating two trips to the facility.
  • Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment, or in cases of rape or incest.
  • Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • Medication abortion must be provided using the FDA protocol.
  • The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
  • Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • Most patients will undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion, since the provider must test for a fetal heartbeat. The patient will be offered the option to view the image.
  • Abortion is banned at six weeks of pregnancy, except in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised physical health.
  • The state prohibits abortions performed in response to genetic anomaly.
  • The state requires abortion clinics to meet unnecessary and burdensome standards related to their physical plant, equipment and staffing.

I call total BS on this article. But of course, all you liberal buffoons jump on here believing the story.

In Ohio, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of June 28, 2022:
  • A patient must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage the patient from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided. Counseling must be provided in person and must take place before the waiting period begins, thereby necessitating two trips to the facility.
  • Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment, or in cases of rape or incest.
  • Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • Most patients will undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion, since the provider must test for a fetal heartbeat. The patient will be offered the option to view the image.
  • Abortion is banned at six weeks of pregnancy, except in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised physical health.
  • The state requires abortion clinics to meet unnecessary and burdensome standards related to their physical plant, equipment and staffing.
Are you illiterate?

She was past 6 weeks...

What is the Current Status of the Six-Week Abortion Ban?

As of 6/24/22, Ohio has reinstated a ban requiring patients to undergo tests that detect fetal heart tones prior to an abortion. If any cardiac activity is detected, abortion is prohibited except when there is serious risk of death or substantial impairment of a major bodily function. You can find more information about the enacted bill on the legislature’s website here.

In short, Ohio has banned abortions at approximately six weeks gestation. This is before many people even know they’re pregnant. For those with regular menstruation cycles, this bill would ban abortion only two weeks after a missed period.

Other things to note:

• The bill makes no exceptions for rape or incest
  • This ban will decimate access to abortion in the state
  • Providers could be prosecuted for performing abortions

You can’t understand why having to travel to another state under dire time constraints would be a burden especially to marginalized communities? Or how this entire debacle is exacerbating trauma on a 10 yo? I’d like to welcome you to the real world as well.
It’s a 4 hour drive to Chicago. If that 10
Year old doesn’t have enough support to provide for that, her entire family is a POS. The mental health care she will need will be extensive and will be ongoing for an extended period of time. That is a completely different topic, however. You seem to think I feel it is ok for this girl to be raped. It’s not. It is horrendous. She can seek the care she needs, however, and it is relatively close.

She was past 6 weeks...

What is the Current Status of the Six-Week Abortion Ban?

As of 6/24/22, Ohio has reinstated a ban requiring patients to undergo tests that detect fetal heart tones prior to an abortion. If any cardiac activity is detected, abortion is prohibited except when there is serious risk of death or substantial impairment of a major bodily function. You can find more information about the enacted bill on the legislature’s website here.

In short, Ohio has banned abortions at approximately six weeks gestation. This is before many people even know they’re pregnant. For those with regular menstruation cycles, this bill would ban abortion only two weeks after a missed period.

Other things to note:

• The bill makes no exceptions for rape or incest
  • This ban will decimate access to abortion in the state
  • Providers could be prosecuted for performing abortions
So, you mean to tell me this girl and her parents who knew of the SC decision to overturn RvW, at least a month earlier, waited until 3 days after her six weeks from the Ohio law and skipped to Indiana knowing it would trigger? Do you guys really believe these things?

So, you mean to tell me this girl and her parents who knew of the SC decision to overturn RvW, at least a month earlier, waited until 3 days after her six weeks from the Ohio law and skipped to Indiana knowing it would trigger? Do you guys really believe these things?

Called out for being wrong. Changes claim. BAU

You do know some women don’t know they are pregnant at 6 weeks and …. she’s a ****ing 10 year old girl.

Year old doesn’t have enough support to provide for that, her entire family is a POS. The mental health care she will need will be extensive and will be ongoing for an extended period of time. That is a completely different topic, however. You seem to think I feel it is ok for this girl to be raped. It’s not. It is horrendous. She can seek the care she needs, however, and it is relatively close.
Are you a real person? This post is absurd.

“Relatively close” is a matter of perspective. Not everyone can easily afford the time and financial commitment to make that trip at the drop of a hat. It’s not like they go to the clinic, get the procedure and head home, all in one day.

OGC.47c4316b169963e28554da50a1837688

Yeah bro, The 10 year old girl knew the exact hour she became pregnant, yo!. Not only that, she patiently waited until Ohio legal restrictions kicked-in which, by the way, she also studied very carefully. You have brilliantly exposed her devious plan.

Yeah.... That 10 year old victim should have to drive across the country to get the medical care she needs. No big deal!

This is complete bullshit on it's face but even worse given that states are proposing laws that would make traveling to get an abortion illegal as well.

Called out for being wrong. Changes claim. BAU

You do know some women don’t know they are pregnant at 6 weeks and …. she’s a ****ing 10 year old girl.

The way pregnancy weeks are "counted" is ridiculous. You count from the first day of your last period. Usually ovulation is about two weeks later. So 6 weeks gestation is about 4 weeks from the time of fertilization. Dog help you if your cycle is wonky.

My god, the excuses you people will come up with is nauseating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT