ADVERTISEMENT

10 Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion In Ohio

This is complete bullshit on it's face but even worse given that states are proposing laws that would make traveling to get an abortion illegal as well.

Not to mention the mandatory waiting periods. You either have to travel back and forth those long distances or pay for a hotel room (and food) for 3+ days. And in some states, she has to have a transvaginal ultrasound and look at the fetus.

It’s a 4 hour drive to Chicago. If that 10
Year old doesn’t have enough support to provide for that, her entire family is a POS. The mental health care she will need will be extensive and will be ongoing for an extended period of time. That is a completely different topic, however. You seem to think I feel it is ok for this girl to be raped. It’s not. It is horrendous. She can seek the care she needs, however, and it is relatively close.
At first, I thought you were likely just trolling.

Now I’m convinced you really are this stupid.

Wow dude, this is a shit take. First blame you place is Schumer? What in the actual fvck…
Thanks.

The blame goes to the R’s.

Just pointing out the vote Schumer brought up in the senate was pointless…he knew it would fail. I said so at the time…

Reactions: State of Illinois
The way pregnancy weeks are "counted" is ridiculous. You count from the first day of your last period. Usually ovulation is about two weeks later. So 6 weeks gestation is about 4 weeks from the time of fertilization. Dog help you if your cycle is wonky.
What the hell would you know about pregnancies? You should just just leave it to the men to argue this out and make these decisions.

/s, also real life

Its almost as if the rank-and-file pro-life proponents didn't think through the consequences of overturning Roe v. Wade.

Expect to hear alot more "you mean to tell me....." rebuttals. we've already seen one idiot post exactly that reaction in this thread.
And then they will find a way to defend that bullshit as well.

• Haha
Reactions: CaboKP and nu2u
I trust you'll be contacting your senators, representatives, governor, etc?
Why? It’s not even on the table. It doesn’t even make sense. If the state you are traveling to doesn’t have a law for providing abortions for out of state citizens, what is the problem? You are getting into conspiracy theories that states are prying into peoples lives knowing if they are pregnant and then opening up an investigation if they are no longer pregnant.

Why? It’s not even on the table. It doesn’t even make sense. If the state you are traveling to doesn’t have a law for providing abortions for out of state citizens, what is the problem? You are getting into conspiracy theories that states are prying into peoples lives knowing if they are pregnant and then opening up an investigation if they are no longer pregnant.
It's being proposed in several states. Stop being so ignorant.

• Haha
Reactions: CaboKP
We have the laws we deserve. We have the court we deserve. This will continue to be true until we decide to say no more. Unless the surpreme court rules to disband democracy altogether, this has happened because collectively we didn’t care enough for it to not happen.

Finally! Someone not self-disempowered!

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
ADVERTISEMENT