ADVERTISEMENT

10 Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion In Ohio

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Because Jesus... God had this child raped and now god would force this child to deliver a baby... would a 10 year old ever survive that? Thankfully abortion is still legal in Indiana.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports:

On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.
Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant. Could Bernard help? I
ndiana lawmakers are poised to further restrict or ban abortion in mere weeks. The Indiana General Assembly will convene in a special session July 25 when it will discuss restrictions to abortion policy. But for now, the procedure still is legal in Indiana. And so the girl soon was on her way to Indiana to Bernard’s care.

Schumer should have put forward a baseline abortion bill in cases of rape/incest and the life of the mother instead of one he got 49 votes for….

It would have passed in both houses …still would…won’t be brought up.

That said Ohio need to change their law…this is heinous

Because Jesus... God had this child raped and now god would force this child to deliver a baby... would a 10 year old ever survive that? Thankfully abortion is still legal in Indiana.

10 Commandments say nothing about incest-rapes.

Just that you shouldn't Covet Another Man's Wife.

Reactions: Tom Paris
We have the laws we deserve. We have the court we deserve. This will continue to be true until we decide to say no more. Unless the surpreme court rules to disband democracy altogether, this has happened because collectively we didn’t care enough for it to not happen.

Schumer should have put forward a baseline abortion bill in cases of rape/incest and the life of the mother instead of one he got 49 votes for….

Why stop there? Plenty of blame to go around.

I bet the 10 year old was dressed provocatively...

It's not going to be legal in Indiana much longer. They have called for a special session of the legislature for this month to do away with all abortions as well.

Sad times we live in with no common sense.

I just love how you have to find a way to blame democrats for everything.

This isn’t “blaming the democrats”

Just pointing out the obvious…the vote in the Senate was just for show. If they actually wanted to prevent something like this they would have put forward the bill I suggested. They won’t because they’d rather have it as an issue for the midterms….if you have a better explanation I’d like to hear it.

Take it as a general indictment of our 2 parties…..they pull the same extract crap.

As for “blame” for this particular instance.

1. Rapist
2. Ohio R’s for having this stupid assed trigger law that doesn’t have the exception for rape/Incest/life of mother…which IMO should be a baseline for the entire country

It may not have passed both houses; certainly would not pass with a Republican President in office.

Even if it did, you do not seem to be up to speed on the GOP strategies here.
They do not care what is "legal" or "illegal", they are making it extraordinarily difficult for ANY provider to provide abortions as part of their care repertoire. Pressuring entities to "get out of the abortion business", through whatever tactics they can - INCLUSIVE of allowing random citizens to sue and collect damages over any abortion they 'find' - is what they are up to. And that will end up having the EXACT same effect for any child who is raped and pregnant - because even IF the parents are legally able to get an abortion for the child, it can end up maddeningly difficult to find a clinic in some of these states to perform it.

That is EXACTLY how these people think. They DO NOT CARE about the folks who are impacted by their actions. They ONLY care about the hypothetical fetuses who are aborted.

It may not have passed both houses; certainly would not pass with a Republican President in office.

Even if it did, you do not seem to be up to speed on the GOP strategies here.
They do not care what is "legal" or "illegal", they are making it extraordinarily difficult for ANY provider to provide abortions as part of their care repertoire. Pressuring entities to "get out of the abortion business", through whatever tactics they can - INCLUSIVE of allowing random citizens to sue and collect damages over any abortion they 'find' - is what they are up to. And that will end up having the EXACT same effect for any child who is raped and pregnant - because even IF the parents are legally able to get an abortion for the child, it can end up maddeningly difficult to find a clinic in some of these states to perform it.

That is EXACTLY how these people think. They DO NOT CARE about the folks who are impacted by their actions. They ONLY care about the hypothetical fetuses who are aborted.
A baseline rape/incest/life of mother passes. At the very least you actually get R’s on record voting against….

Bill Chuck put forward didn’t have a chance and he knew it

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

A baseline rape/incest/life of mother passes. At the very least you actually get R’s on record voting against….

Bill Chuck put forward didn’t have a chance and he knew it

I don’t disagree that the other bill could have been put up for a vote as well, especially after the first failed. I remain unconvinced the 60 votes were there to pass the bill regardless.

I don’t disagree that the other bill could have been put up for a vote as well, especially after the first failed. I remain unconvinced the 60 votes were there to pass the bill regardless.
That’s fair…but R’s can read a poll. That bill would be supported by 85% of the population. Pretty confident it’d make its way to 60

That’s crazy. Ten. Wow.

Live look at democrats response to Dobbs and NY gun case and everything else the cons are doing:

I don’t understand the outrage. Abortion is not banned nation wide. It is left up to the states. So she has to travel to a different state? WTF cares! She is still exercising her right in states that allow it. Why does this enrage people so much?
You don’t understand the concern regarding a 10-year-old rape victim?

I feel terrible for any rape victim. This isn’t about that. It’s about the OP complaining she needs to go outside of her state to get it done.

Why does she have to travel to another state?

And just wait until states claim - as some already are - that it’s trafficking to travel to a state where abortion is legal if you live in a state where abortion is illegal.

****ing crazy that her state government says she has to carry to term. NVTS

ADVERTISEMENT