ADVERTISEMENT

10 Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion In Ohio

Maybe read the room? I get the logic of your question, but what does the hypothetical add to the matter at hand?
Nothing…

It was simply a question and I get folks putting me on blast and insinuating things that weren’t remotely in my post.

Guess I’ve learned my lesson the last couple days. Board quality really has gone down but that’s social media writ large…

Used to be able to discuss things on here…

Reactions: Panic1769
Agreed. There is a lot of emotion on here right now because of Roe v Wade. I have been guilty of it as well.
I’ve never been able to read a room. 🤣

Outrage is understandable.

Taking shit out of context or insinuating things I didn’t post gets tiresome though…

Reactions: globalhawk
Nothing…

It was simply a question and I get folks putting me on blast and insinuating things that weren’t remotely in my post.

Guess I’ve learned my lesson the last couple days. Board quality really has gone down but that’s social media writ large…

Used to be able to discuss things on here…
Yeah, I pine for the days when HROT frequently debated the issue of abortions and the proper definition of rape, lol. Take the L on this one bro and move on.

It’s a 4 hour drive to Chicago. If that 10
Year old doesn’t have enough support to provide for that, her entire family is a POS. The mental health care she will need will be extensive and will be ongoing for an extended period of time. That is a completely different topic, however. You seem to think I feel it is ok for this girl to be raped. It’s not. It is horrendous. She can seek the care she needs, however, and it is relatively close.

I reallllllly realllllllly reallllllly realllllly fuggin hope you don’t have kids. I realllllly fuggin hope you don’t.

Some comments on rape from Republican politicians. Actual true comments here. Imagine these people saying any of this to a 10 year old girl.

If you vote Republican, you are supporting these type of people.

"Rape is kinda like the weather. If it's inevitable, relax and enjoy it."
- Clayton Williams (R-TX)

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
- Todd Akin (R-MO)

"Rape victims should make the best of a bad situation."
- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape it is something that God intended to happen."
- Richard Mourdock (R-IN)

"In the emergency room they have what's called rape kits, where a woman can get cleaned out."
- Jodie Laubenberg (R-TX)

"If a woman has the right to an abortion, why shouldn't a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist's pusuit of sexual freedom doesn't in most cases result in anyone's death."
- Lawrence Lockman (R-ME)

"Rape is a difficult issue, but if a baby is created, it is a human life and whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not the scars will not go away, period. It is a shame that it happens, but there's an opportunity for that woman – no matter how young or old she is – to make a determination about what she's going to do to help that life be a productive human being … That child can grow up and be something magnificent, a wonderful family person, cure cancer, etc."
- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)

It's non-consensual sex. What would you call it?

And you don't even know that it was by a minor but here you are suggesting a 10 year old should be forced to maintain a pregnancy. There's no way to make your position OK.

So is it rape or not?
If the 10 year olds life is in danger, then I’m fine with an abortion. If not, don’t murder the innocent baby for no reason.

Not the point of the post I responded to which was…

“In what world is not rape”?

I was answering a post which is done quite often on a message board.

Guess I forgot who the folks I’m dealing with are….
But it is. This whole thread is about a 10 year old girl having to go to another state to get an abortion. You focused on a weird hypothetical and some of us keep bringing you back to the original point that is unaffected by your hypothetical.

But it is. This whole thread is about a 10 year old girl having to go to another state to get an abortion. You focused on a weird hypothetical and some of us keep bringing you back to the original point that is unaffected by your hypothetical.
Ok

A baseline rape/incest/life of mother passes. At the very least you actually get R’s on record voting against….
They will vote against it.

They do not care about the people and cases affected by their zealotry. It's explicitly WHY they work to close clinics.

This is a "feature", not a "bug". Anyone who votes for them, is voting in favor of this.

The way pregnancy weeks are "counted" is ridiculous. You count from the first day of your last period. Usually ovulation is about two weeks later. So 6 weeks gestation is about 4 weeks from the time of fertilization. Dog help you if your cycle is wonky.
Like, you know, a 10 year old. And her parents should have known? Which parents here know the first day of their daughter’s last period? Or when her cycle should start next? This is lunacy. It’s very possible that they found out she was raped when she was discovered to be pregnant.

ADVERTISEMENT