ADVERTISEMENT

10 Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion In Ohio

Now that this belongs to the states, voters will lobby their state legislatures to provide the laws they want,.. If legislators don't comply, they will be replaced,.. This will take some time.
And this is exactly the whole point of the SC decision which is what makes it great.

Because Jesus... God had this child raped and now god would force this child to deliver a baby... would a 10 year old ever survive that? Thankfully abortion is still legal in Indiana.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports:

Your outrage over the abortion but not the scumbag that raped her. But hey, political points scored.

Then that's your opinion and I would say it isn't a very good one to think your narrative is more likely to happen. I didn't say the story was totally false. I'm sure the girl was raped and is pregnant. Outside of that, you not questioning the 3 days after the six week cutoff is pretty telling considering the information the family had available.

Based on what? I’m curious what you think the telltale signs of pregnancy for a ten year old make the timeline for you so fishy.

I agree,... and suspect that most states will end up with a 12-16 week window of opportunity on this.

Lol. Reynolds in Iowa has already asked the Iowa SC to revisit the heartbeat bill they struck down a few years ago.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I understand that, and I think Reynolds and many other politicians will pay a price for not understanding how to properly play this....
I think Republicans in general are in the process of overreaching right now. We might end up eventually in the neighborhood of what you suggested, but I think more Republicans are likely to push for outright bans or heartbeat bills with few or no exceptions in the interim.

Based on what? I’m curious what you think the telltale signs of pregnancy for a ten year old make the timeline for you so fishy.

Lol. Reynolds in Iowa has already asked the Iowa SC to revisit the heartbeat bill they struck down a few years ago.
You don't think it's just a coincidence that this particular person was just 3 days over right after Dobbs? You just think that happened out of nowhere and the girl just decided that day to say she was raped and pregnant after 6 weeks? While it could happen, it is more than likely that this girl/parents knew all this stuff weeks ago and the media blew it up. You just take what was written as the truth.

And Rifler said "most" states. Not Iowa. But that's why these types of laws should be in the hands of states so the people there can determine the laws and not the fed government that moves at a snails pace. Killing fetus' is not a god given right. The majority of people do not support destroying the fetus without restrictions. Problem is no one can agree on the restrictions.

I think Republicans in general are in the process of overreaching right now. We might end up eventually in the neighborhood of what you suggested, but I think more Republicans are likely to push for outright bans or heartbeat bills with few or no exceptions in the interim.
And Dems are overreaching in their states where they accept infanticide and killing babies after birth or for any cause. Finding the middle ground between the sides is toast in today's environment.

I don’t understand the outrage. Abortion is not banned nation wide. It is left up to the states. So she has to travel to a different state? WTF cares! She is still exercising her right in states that allow it. Why does this enrage people so much?
Because you've never taken care of someone who has to decide between spending 2 bucks and several hours of wages to ride the bus to a doctors appointment versus skipping a routine follow up. Now multiply that by the cost of going to another state.

Last edited:
And Dems are overreaching in their states where they accept infanticide and killing babies after birth or for any cause.
No

They believe fetuses that are >24 wks old should be protected.
And there should be zero restrictions on healthcare for pregnant women or providers, whether there are fetal heart cells pulsing, or not.

Reactions: sober_teacher

"Hey, Siri: Develop a White Supremacy plan for me that gets more white people to have sex and produce babies, but prevents them from getting abortions."

No

They believe fetuses that are >24 wks old should be protected.
And there should be zero restrictions on healthcare for pregnant women or providers, whether there are fetal heart cells pulsing, or not.
This is incorrect as usual.

You don't think it's just a coincidence that this particular person was just 3 days over right after Dobbs? You just think that happened out of nowhere and the girl just decided that day to say she was raped and pregnant after 6 weeks? While it could happen, it is more than likely that this girl/parents knew all this stuff weeks ago and the media blew it up. You just take what was written as the truth.

And Rifler said "most" states. Not Iowa. But that's why these types of laws should be in the hands of states so the people there can determine the laws and not the fed government that moves at a snails pace. Killing fetus' is not a god given right. The majority of people do not support destroying the fetus without restrictions. Problem is no one can agree on the restrictions.

This is hilarious. You’re saying that a ten year old girl had the presence of mind, AFTER enduring the trauma of rape, to wait until after the Ohio law kicked in, to tell her parents she’d been raped and was now pregnant?

Why is that more likely that a month or so after being raped, this little girl started getting morning sickness or other early signs of pregnancy, parents took her to the doctor to find out what was wrong, doctor ran tests that came back positive for the girl being pregnant, resulting in everyone realizing she’d been raped?

This is hilarious. You’re saying that a ten year old girl had the presence of mind, AFTER enduring the trauma of rape, to wait until after the Ohio law kicked in, to tell her parents she’d been raped and was now pregnant?

Why is that more likely that a month or so after being raped, this little girl started getting morning sickness or other early signs of pregnancy, parents took her to the doctor to find out what was wrong, doctor ran tests that came back positive for the girl being pregnant, resulting in everyone realizing she’d been raped?
He's the most gullible rube on here. No conspiracy theory is too "out there" for him.

Looks like I'm not the only one who is thinking this is totally BS story. Snopes can't confirm, Dr. Bernard (abortion activist) isn't returning calls. Looks like YOUR story is blowing up....

The story about a 10 yr old pregnant girl who had to go from Ohio to IN for an abortion gives me serious pause for a number of reasons. There are many red flags.🚩I'm going to detail them here.ImageImage
🚩 #1. A pregnant 10 year old is evidence of a heinous crime against a child but in every article (and there are SO MANY) thre is no mention of criminal investigation, no police involvement, not even a town where this allegedly occurred.
🚩 #2 An unnamed alleged "child abuse" doctor called Dr. Caitlyn Bernard (an abortionist in Indiana) to ask for help. But any doctor who knows of abuse would be required to also call law enforcement. There should be a criminal investigation going involving Ohio DFS and police.
🚩 #3 which maybe should be #1 The TIMING of this horrific story is too on the nose. Roe v. Wade was just overturned. The media is desperate for stories to push the pro-abortion narrative, stoke fear, anger, and division. They love this.

Last edited:
🚩 #4 The article first published in the Indy Star, a local Ohio paper's site but in record time was picked up by huge international press. On the 2nd, The Hill and Newsweek had it and by the 3rd, The Guardian had it, and by the 4th it was on TMZ, reaching all the kids.
I heard about it from a teenager at a 4th party and a red flag went off big-time. If the kids have heard about it it was placed where they will see it intentionally. Fake news is always sold to the young'ns because they will swallow it the fastest.

South Dakota Governor Grilled Over Abortion Ban with 10-year-old Pregnant Rape VictimSouth Dakota Governor Kristi Noem did her best to deflect how she and her state would handle the case of a 10-year-old girl who became pregnant after being raped.
https://tinyurl.com/2u2pht8v
🚩 #5 It was immediately used as a political weapon against Republican Governor Kristi Noem and will be used against other pro-life politicians to make them answer this possibly hypothetical or made-up scenario to win political hit points.
🚩 #6 #DrCaitlynBernard, the only source, is an abortionist and has been in the NYT participating in an anti-Trump hit piece and is clearly an activist. She has a stake in preserving abortion, it literally pays her bills.

Q. and A.: How Trump’s Revival of an Abortion Ban Will Affect Women in Kenya (Published 2017)A family planning fellow discusses what President Trump’s ban on aid to groups who offer abortion counseling could mean for women in western Kenya.
https://web.archive.org/web/2022070.../world/africa/trump-abortion-ban.html?mcubz=3
🚩 #7 There's no way to verify Bernard's claim. She has doctor patient confidentiality. No one can FOIA her. The media won't ask any questions and even if they did she wouldn't answer. There is no proof that this 10-year-old even exists and yet the media ran with it full tilt.
🚩 #8 Jennifer Rubin used this to batter conservatives, her former colleagues, in the Washington Post. This further gives me serious doubts about the veracity of the story. Rubin is a notorious tool for the left using this story to harm pro-lifers archive.ph/4OtgE.

https://archive.ph/4OtgE
🚩 #9 Why don't any of them care about the crime committed against the child? Lawmakers in OH should demand an investigation into who raped this child. They are the only ones who can get information through DFS and help the girl seek justice for the crime, if it happened. Did it?

🚩 #10, #DrCaitlynBernard got a call from another doctor asking for help for a horribly abused child and her first instinct was to call the media. That should make you all stop and think for a minute. What's really going on here?
Here's what the spread over time through media looks like according to the first two pages of a Google search. I'm going to do other search terms. But this story had legs. Is that an accident that it got maximum coverage?Image
Here she is again #CaitlinBernard in June interviewed by PBS, crying. Predicting doom...the very thing she's now claiming. How is she in contact with so much media? web.archive.org/web/2022070101…Image
The big question now is why was it the @indystar that reported this exclusively of all local OH news stations (CBS, ABC, NBC) that didn't? According to star site, they are owned by Gannet Co., a huge media company. But Gannet's site doesn't list them. So is this still accurate?Image
And here's #DrCaitlinBernard again! More media coverage in June before this alleged incident where she is predicting doom. She's a serious abortion activist web.archive.org/web/2022063006…Image

Healthcare workers rally for abortion access on IUPUI campusHealthcare workers rallied for abortion access. IUPUI medical students and faculty express concern for their patients and worry about how the overturn of Roe v. Wade will affect their careers.
https://web.archive.org/web/2022063...ers-rally-for-abortion-access-on-iupui-campus
And AGAIN! On June 30th in YET ANOTHER publication! This woman sure gets around. WTHR this time. web.archive.org/web/2022063022…Image

Hundreds of health care professionals rally in support of abortion rights in IndianaWednesday’s rally came just as lawmakers announced their return to the Statehouse in the coming weeks for a special session.
https://web.archive.org/web/2022063...kers/531-db1fd901-5b87-4cda-9185-9ac5c48e8ddb
By the time I'm done it's going to be harder to find news outlets #DrCaitlinBernard is NOT in. Here she is in Politico on June 19th.

By the time I'm done it's going to be harder to find news outlets #DrCaitlinBernard is NOT in. Here she is in Politico on June 19th.Image
29th correction. not 19th. typo
And here she is again July 5th in The Republic. web.archive.org/web/2022070505…Image

https://web.archive.org/web/2022070...nd-whats-ahead-as-state-prepares-legislation/
Here's #DrCaitlinBernard encouraging women to give themselves abortions. No, really. In the Herald Bulletin on July 5. How does she have time to do abortions between media hits? web.archive.org/web/2022062420…ImageImage

Local reaction mixed to Supreme Court decisionCongressional candidate Jeannine Lee Lake said she cried when learning of the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe vs Wade.
https://web.archive.org/web/2022062...cle_8254de54-f3f0-11ec-a8f1-9f8724c15b1f.html
Here's an updated graph on the related media featuring #DrCaitlinBernard and this story or "women are going to die" because of Roe stories she was involved in. Still going. This is going to be a big spreadsheet by the time I'm doneImage
#DrCaitlinBernard is also the plaintiff in a case to fight the abortion restrictions in the 2nd trimester web.archive.org/web/2022070600…Image

AG Rokita asks court to lift multiple abortion injunctions following Dobbs decision - The Indiana LawyerDays after Roe v. Wade was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita is asking the U.S. District Court for the Southern…https://web.archive.org/web/20220706002402/https://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/ag-rokita-as

This is the law #DrCaitlinBernard is suing over. She wants to tear second trimester babies limb from limb. The ACLU is helping her do this. This is from her lawsuitImage
Don't know the outcome. It was filed in 2019. It's not a fun read. aclu-in.org/sites/default/…
#CaitlinBernardsued to stop a law in IN that would outlaw dismemberment abortions in the 2nd trimester and won. Now that Roe is overturned the state is asking to have that injunction lifted. Naturally, Bernard is spitting nails.

Abortion procedure ban latest to be haltedIn the same day a federal judge blocked an Indiana law that would have banned a second-trimester abortion procedure, a conservative United States Supreme Court justice agreed not to hear a similar cas…
https://tinyurl.com/yckbm4v8
Here is #DrCaitlinBernard again on July 1 but this time instead of encouraging self-abortions, she now says they're "risky" and is blaming Republicans for them. See above where she said self-abortions are an option for women though, contradicting herself. web.archive.org/web/2022070207…Image

Indiana anti-abortion advocates keeping eye on ‘abortion by mail’While state Republican lawmakers consider what additional abortion restrictions they may put in place during a special legislative session beginning later this month, some pro-life advocates are co…
https://web.archive.org/web/2022070...cates-are-keeping-an-eye-on-abortion-by-mail/
I think this is all of the news stories from this one claim by #DrCaitlinBernard. Notice that there are no local Ohio stations reporting. Just IndyStar. But from that one article all of these outlets ran with it. I have questions.Image
Not even Snopes can confirm this story. They want to, but they can't. #DrCaitlinBernard doesn't return anyone's calls. I wonder why that is? web.archive.org/web/2022070601…Image

Did Ohio's Abortion Ban Force a 10-Year-Old Rape Victim to Travel to Indiana?The story went viral after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.
https://web.archive.org/web/2022070.../07/05/abortion-10-year-old-rape-victim-ohio/
Here's my press inquiry to the editor of the @indystar which I don't think he will respond to, but it's worth a shot. What kind of vetting happened here?Image

This is the law #DrCaitlinBernard is suing over. She wants to tear second trimester babies limb from limb. The ACLU is helping her do this. This is from her lawsuitImage
Don't know the outcome. It was filed in 2019. It's not a fun read. aclu-in.org/sites/default/…
#CaitlinBernardsued to stop a law in IN that would outlaw dismemberment abortions in the 2nd trimester and won. Now that Roe is overturned the state is asking to have that injunction lifted. Naturally, Bernard is spitting nails.

Abortion procedure ban latest to be haltedIn the same day a federal judge blocked an Indiana law that would have banned a second-trimester abortion procedure, a conservative United States Supreme Court justice agreed not to hear a similar cas…
https://tinyurl.com/yckbm4v8
Here is #DrCaitlinBernard again on July 1 but this time instead of encouraging self-abortions, she now says they're "risky" and is blaming Republicans for them. See above where she said self-abortions are an option for women though, contradicting herself. web.archive.org/web/2022070207…Image

Indiana anti-abortion advocates keeping eye on ‘abortion by mail’While state Republican lawmakers consider what additional abortion restrictions they may put in place during a special legislative session beginning later this month, some pro-life advocates are co…
https://web.archive.org/web/2022070...cates-are-keeping-an-eye-on-abortion-by-mail/
I think this is all of the news stories from this one claim by #DrCaitlinBernard. Notice that there are no local Ohio stations reporting. Just IndyStar. But from that one article all of these outlets ran with it. I have questions.Image
Not even Snopes can confirm this story. They want to, but they can't. #DrCaitlinBernard doesn't return anyone's calls. I wonder why that is? web.archive.org/web/2022070601…Image

Did Ohio's Abortion Ban Force a 10-Year-Old Rape Victim to Travel to Indiana?The story went viral after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.
https://web.archive.org/web/2022070.../07/05/abortion-10-year-old-rape-victim-ohio/
Here's my press inquiry to the editor of the @indystar which I don't think he will respond to, but it's worth a shot. What kind of vetting happened here?Image

Here’s at least one article from the Columbus Dispatch, so yes this was covered in Ohio. It got covered first in Indiana since that’s where the abortion was.

Continue with your conspiracy theory, I’m out.

Here’s at least one article from the Columbus Dispatch, so yes this was covered in Ohio. It got covered first in Indiana since that’s where the abortion was.

Continue with your conspiracy theory, I’m out.
I just gave you several posts from an investigative reporter AND snopes who can't verify this story, nor have the big news outlets covered this and I'm the one with a conspiracy theory?

Oh, and by the way, Ohio's law isn't 6 weeks, it's heartbeat and there is NO WAY the doctor knows it was 6 weeks and 3 days exactly. This story is total bullshit you and you guys bought into it without ANY factual backup. No criminal investigation, no town where this happened. Just two sentences from an abortion activist and you believe it. Unbelievable.

ADVERTISEMENT