ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

As long as Blackman is the QB the best we can hope this team to consistently be is average.

And Travis threw it one time to a wide open McDonald and completely missed him. Obviously he can run well, but really need him to get some more passes.

So far it looks like we have better special teams, but not sure Beamer ball will work with a defense that gives up a bunch of yards to a true freshman QB on his first start.

As long as Blackman is the QB the best we can hope this team to consistently be is average.

And Travis threw it one time to a wide open McDonald and completely missed him. Obviously he can run well, but really need him to get some more passes.

So far it looks like we have better special teams, but not sure Beamer ball will work with a defense that gives up a bunch of yards to a true freshman QB on his first start.
It is sad to watch but I have seen it so much. He inexplicably gets the yips in games. He was actually getting decent protection first half and then it happened. He started doing the double and triple pumps and happy feet dance that never ends well. I have a feeling the film is going to show a ton of open guys he did not see.

Adding insult to injury, he is not a good runner either: not fast, not elusive and not strong. I was so pissed on the one play when he stepped out a yard short of first down to avoid contact making us have to go for it on fourth down. It shows a lack of heart and winner mentality.

The interception was just terrible as was the fumble, at such a key point and deep in our territory. Secure the ball, fall to the ground first if you need to, but you can’t fumble it. And there he was all these years in, having to be consoled several times by Mike.

I don’t care if we lose every game, its time to see what Tate or Jordan can do and to give up on JB, I don’t care how much better he looks in practice. It is a shame Purdy is hurt. After the bowl game, I thought he would be gone. But he stayed and I though no way he gets the job. Then he got the job and everyone said he was looking good.

Proud to say I did not believe it and was not at all shocked to watch his collapse and performance. What I did not see coming is our defensive line not being able to wreak havoc on what was last year an offensive line worse than FSU. That was shocking and in someways more depressing. I can’t believe how many yards we gave up.

Last edited:
Here's what I can't grasp: At Memphis, Norvell built schemes to regularly go toe-to-toe with superior talent. Yesterday, we lost to clearly inferior talent. At home.

It just seems to me that the program has deep cultural issues that will take several iterations to change. We may need to be patient with Norvell this season.

Here's what I can't grasp: At Memphis, Norvell built schemes to regularly go toe-to-toe with superior talent. Yesterday, we lost to clearly inferior talent. At home.

It just seems to me that the program has deep cultural issues that will take several iterations to change. We may need to be patient with Norvell this season.
Sometimes I think starting with the 2013 BCS game through the 2016 season we pulled so many games out late that we should have lost that we were destined for a cold run where we hardly pull any games out and we became the ones squandering leads.

Reactions: OrlandNole

There is no doubt that patience is necessary. Not only did Norvell inherit a cupboard that was not only bare but torn off the wall. Combine that with the restrictions placed by COVID-19 and a great degree of struggle was bound to happen.

Not only did Norvell inherit a cupboard that was not only bare but torn off the wall.

But that's the thing. Memphis' 2019 recruiting class was ranked No. 71. It included 17 three stars and zero five or four stars. Their 2018 class wasn't in the top 75; the 2017 class was ranked No. 64.

Meanwhile, FSU's classes ranked Nos. 4, 11 and 22 in 2017, 2018 and 2019, respectively. We didn't lose to GA Tech yesterday because of a lack of talent. It's a multi-generational culture issue.

I’m still not any happier this morning. So many mistakes last night. Some that can be corrected, others that can’t. I will say outside of one really stupid penalty, we do seem more disciplined on the field, but man we can’t catch, can’t block, can’t throw, can’t get home to the QB, can’t stop the curl route, can’t seal the edge.

I’m still not any happier this morning. So many mistakes last night. Some that can be corrected, others that can’t. I will say outside of one really stupid penalty, we do seem more disciplined on the field, but man we can’t catch, can’t block, can’t throw, can’t get home to the QB, can’t stop the curl route, can’t seal the edge.
Yeah. We are more disciplined and way better on Special Teams. But very disappointed in both sides of the ball. It’s too bad the rain delay happened after we went up 7-0. That helped GA Tech regroup and gave them a sloppy field to neutralize our speed advantage.

Reactions: runkpanole
But that's the thing. Memphis' 2019 recruiting class was ranked No. 71. It included 17 three stars and zero five or four stars. Their 2018 class wasn't in the top 75; the 2017 class was ranked No. 64.

Meanwhile, FSU's classes ranked Nos. 4, 11 and 22 in 2017, 2018 and 2019, respectively. We didn't lose to GA Tech yesterday because of a lack of talent. It's a multi-generational culture issue.

Can't argue FSU's class rankings.....

What I can argue is how they actually looked on the field. And they didn't look like a top 25 talented team. And that is a combo of raw talent + coaching. I saw FSU NOT seal the edges or just stretch the plays to the sidelines; GT seemed to eventually get to the edge and turn up the field on wide plays. I didn't see our DL spend much time in the QBs face. I didn't see our WR burn their DBs deep and create a lot of separation. I didn't see our little RBs truck nor run away from GT's D. I did see their DLine CONSTANTLY find or create gaps and get in Blackman's face a LOT. IMO they moved the line back much more that the FSU DLine did to GT's OLine. To me, they physically looked like a better team.

I had hoped if Blackman was the starter, Norvell would had seen something and been able to "fix" some of Blackman's issues. I fear that we simply have no better healthy options and this is what we are going to be stuck with for the season. I fear the issues were deeper than people outside the program know. But we still have a Jimmy and Joe's issue. Outside of some special players, the talent is still super raw and he needs more than 1 off season to fix it. But I don't even think I saw any dudes who had jets and could straight up fly. And a lack of speed scares me for the rest of the season. Also note, I couldn't see how wet the field was, but I didn't see much advantage in speed.

So, I’m drunk. Thank you Proof Brewing Company!

Norvell looked only slightly better than Willie did. Take James out, put Travis in for a few runs hoping for a miracle.

James sucked, Scary Terry is scary overrated! The defense was saved by special teams and a couple of bad decisions by Sims.

I’m thankful to be bitching about football!

Nah, after a loss everything seems worse than it is. I saw Shockingly good improvement in the special teams, pretty solid improvement on defense, better than I thought improvement on the offensive line. Only at QB did I think we stayed stagnant. RBs were due for a step thanks to terrible recruiting there the past three years until Norvell came in. WRs were kind of a shock in a bad way. They should not have dropped a lot of those early JB balls.

We can’t fix the QB this year which is the main problem. Purdy unfortunately got injured or I can guarantee you he would have been starting by the start of the 4th quarter. Travis had off-field issues which hurt him and he never seemed to have a D1 arm anyways. Rodemaker is not ready and won’t be until 2022 at the earliest but he wasn’t brought in to start immediately.

I do wish that rather than err on the side of player goodwill he would have seen what all of us have seen (that JB will never be a quality QB, he has mediocre physical skills but a terrible football “IQ” and is too indecisive to play big league college football.) and just cut bait with Blackman and gone hardcore after any of the 1 and done transfer QBs.

Can't argue FSU's class rankings.....

What I can argue is how they actually looked on the field. And they didn't look like a top 25 talented team. And that is a combo of raw talent + coaching. I saw FSU NOT seal the edges or just stretch the plays to the sidelines; GT seemed to eventually get to the edge and turn up the field on wide plays. I didn't see our DL spend much time in the QBs face. I didn't see our WR burn their DBs deep and create a lot of separation. I didn't see our little RBs truck nor run away from GT's D. I did see their DLine CONSTANTLY find or create gaps and get in Blackman's face a LOT. IMO they moved the line back much more that the FSU DLine did to GT's OLine. To me, they physically looked like a better team.

I had hoped if Blackman was the starter, Norvell would had seen something and been able to "fix" some of Blackman's issues. I fear that we simply have no better healthy options and this is what we are going to be stuck with for the season. I fear the issues were deeper than people outside the program know. But we still have a Jimmy and Joe's issue. Outside of some special players, the talent is still super raw and he needs more than 1 off season to fix it. But I don't even think I saw any dudes who had jets and could straight up fly. And a lack of speed scares me for the rest of the season. Also note, I couldn't see how wet the field was, but I didn't see much advantage in speed.

Scary Terry looked more like Scared Terry, he never committed to catching the difficult balls and didn’t look as dynamic as in years past. Travis looked greater ok hip t running with the ball, he just doesny’t loyok liy ke he has D1 throwing ability. And Blackman is Blackman.

84e1335d-da5c-4205-b1e0-c5659a3ad952-football.jpg

Miamah sucks today, yesterday, and always.
With that being said, the grudge match games with them are mostly respectful from the player/coach side. Their fans on the other hand....
Contrast this rivalry with the team from the East, they are dismal pricks from top to bottom. Disgusting entitled shits.

ADVERTISEMENT