ADVERTISEMENT

pepsicock

HB King
May 11, 2006
5 miles from Willams Brice stadium
10 Day Forecast

FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Heat Advisory in effect for the Midlands!​

Updated: 3 hours ago
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - High temperatures will increase to or just above 100 degrees today, with a likely heat index near 108!
Read More...

10 Day Forecast

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - High temperatures will increase to or just above 100 degrees today, with a likely heat index near 108!
Read More...
Dude, you're in SC. WTF do you actually expect?

Interestingly, for as much as everyone's been yammering on about heat lately, this year it's come relatively late around here, and it's come dry, so it's actually quite bearable. To my knowledge, no one has dropped dead on the street like some Chinese with covid.

Reactions: Scruddy
Unfortunately I made the decision to move knowing full well what would happen in the summer here. I did it to myself. Still, it's hot!!
I assume you have a pool. I'm trying to remember if we had a heat exchanger discussion. There is a guy that used to post here, went by legend12, who I think lives in AZ, and I recall that he actually had a heat exchanger to cool his pool, rather than warm it.

Read More...
It appears you are getting the heat we experienced Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in Iowa with highs in the 90’s and index of 102 to 108…….

die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif

• Haha
Reactions: pepsicock
I assume you have a pool. I'm trying to remember if we had a heat exchanger discussion. There is a guy that used to post here, went by legend12, who I think lives in AZ, and I recall that he actually had a heat exchanger to cool his pool, rather than warm it.
I do. There is a pool "cooler" that I could buy that would cool the water each night (~10 degrees). That might be useful. I also talked to a guy that has these giant "lilly pads" that he put in the pool when he's not using it, that keeps the water from getting as hot. Might look into those. Still trying to figure it all out.

We using heat index to push the narrative vs actual temperature now? Climate alarmist are flailing if this is the messaging.

It’s hot and humid as hell in Florida, but I’ll take this all day every day over one day of negative zero temps in the frozen wasteland of the Midwest in winter.

Reactions: Tenacious E
It’s hot and humid as hell in Florida, but I’ll take this all day every day over one day of negative zero temps in the frozen wasteland of the Midwest in winter.
I've reached the breakeven point on that. I still do enjoy having 4 seasons, and an occasional white christmas, but that that damn stretch in January and February is brutal and I hate it more every year. Some day we will spend those months somewhere warm, probably 10 years down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT