ADVERTISEMENT

11.5 favorites to open season

That makes me think they will be slight favorites at ISU then when the first line comes out

Why is this so shocking to people?

Wyoming Defense (2016): Allowed >34 PPG, 101st in Nation. We should be able to run all over them. They allowed over 200 YPG rushing at a 5.3 clip in the Mountain West...

Wyoming Offense (2016): Averaged 36 PPG, 25th in the nation.

Gone from that offense; however, are the following:

Hill (RB) - 1,850 yard rusher, 22 TD's
Gentry (WR) - 1,300 yard receiver, 14 TD's
Hollister (TE) - 500 yard receiver, 7 TD's

That's a ton of production to replace, especially early, regardless of who their QB is.

Last year's final Sagarin rankings would have made Iowa a 13 pt favorite.

Last year's final Sagarin rankings would have made Iowa a 13 pt favorite.
New OC and a QB with no experience is a big difference from last year. I am guessing that Iowa will be significantly larger in the trenches which should provide ample opportunity to run and stop the run versus Wyoming.

I will have to take the under only because one of the nation's top QB's is throwing against an inexperienced defensive backfield.

Iowa openers under KF

1999 -35
2000 -20
2001 +51
2002 +36
2003 +18
2004 +32
2005 +56
2006 +34
2007 +13
2008 +43
2009 +1
2010 +30
2011 +27
2012 +1
2013 -3
2014 +8
2015 +17
2016 +24

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
I will have to take the under only because one of the nation's top QB's is throwing against an inexperienced defensive backfield.
Young for sure. But Rugamba, Taylor, Jackson, Ojemudia and Hooker all played last year. More concerned about depth. Need one or two freshman to get in the rotation.

Why is this so shocking to people?

Wyoming Defense (2016): Allowed >34 PPG, 101st in Nation. We should be able to run all over them. They allowed over 200 YPG rushing at a 5.3 clip in the Mountain West...

Wyoming Offense (2016): Averaged 36 PPG, 25th in the nation.

Gone from that offense; however, are the following:

Hill (RB) - 1,850 yard rusher, 22 TD's
Gentry (WR) - 1,300 yard receiver, 14 TD's
Hollister (TE) - 500 yard receiver, 7 TD's

That's a ton of production to replace, especially early, regardless of who their QB is.

Yes amazing people keep forgetting about this. as good of a qb they have they not only lose these 3 but also 2nd leading wr, backup rb graduated and center was drafted in late round if the draft.

Surprised game time hasn't been announced yet for the opening weekend games yet.

Funny top ten Michigan didn't have much luck throwing against Jackson and Rugamba. The bigger question, will be can Wy get Iowa's offense off the field, and not let them control the clock with long punishing drives leaning heavily on runs by Wadley and Young, and play action to the tight ends.

Wyoming and the points is the only smart play. Anything else is just over zealous cool-aid drinking.

Cool aide what's wrong with that there's know way wyoming's front seven has the depth to deal with our bruisers up front we will wear them down not to mention all the weapons they lost on offense if they do lose this game onto the next I have high expectations on this team that's on me I can see us winning 9 or 10 games

Cool aide what's wrong with that there's know way wyoming's front seven has the depth to deal with our bruisers up front we will wear them down not to mention all the weapons they lost on offense if they do lose this game onto the next I have high expectations on this team that's on me I can see us winning 9 or 10 games
You sound like you are talking about the NDSU game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT