ADVERTISEMENT

12 Candidates on One Stage.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
How could anyone possibly think that’s an effective way to get a feel for a candidate. If the debate is 3 hours and you give the moderators and commercials 20% of the time, you’re left with 144 minutes. The maximum any candidate could have is 12 minutes. And with the depth they go into some of these subjects, that can end up being only 2 or three topics covered.

Seems like a waste. I don’t know, maybe not.

How could anyone possibly think that’s an effective way to get a feel for a candidate. If the debate is 3 hours and you give the moderators and commercials 20% of the time, you’re left with 144 minutes. The maximum any candidate could have is 12 minutes. And with the depth they go into some of these subjects, that can end up being only 2 or three topics covered.

Seems like a waste. I don’t know, maybe not.
I agree. Except for the desire to have all the top candidates face off in one debate, this is an awful decision.

I'm still going to watch, of course.

Some of the candidates need to distinguish themselves in order to make the cut for the next debate. So I expect more lies from Amy and Joe, and snarkiness from Pete. I hope I'm wrong because I used to like them. But that's what they did last time (and it was the 2nd debate in a row for Amy).

The real question I have is whether the candidates go after Lizzie. Biden, in particular, tried last time and didn't lay a glove on her. She just doesn't take the bait.

Will they continue to go after Bernie, or do they figure he's already toast?

Will they continue to go after Joe, or are they angling for the VP slot?

Will Kamala continue to try to look friendly - coming off instead as slightly tipsy?

What will Booker and Beto do?

I agree. Except for the desire to have all the top candidates face off in one debate, this is an awful decision.

I'm still going to watch, of course.

Some of the candidates need to distinguish themselves in order to make the cut for the next debate. So I expect more lies from Amy and Joe, and snarkiness from Pete. I hope I'm wrong because I used to like them. But that's what they did last time (and it was the 2nd debate in a row for Amy).

The real question I have is whether the candidates go after Lizzie. Biden, in particular, tried last time and didn't lay a glove on her. She just doesn't take the bait.

Will they continue to go after Bernie, or do they figure he's already toast?

Will they continue to go after Joe, or are they angling for the VP slot?

Will Kamala continue to try to look friendly - coming off instead as slightly tipsy?

What will Booker and Beto do?
The only way I could vote for any of these people you mention is if they ran against anyone tainted by the trump crime family. So, if Evan McMullin is running, he gets my vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT