ADVERTISEMENT

12-year-old golf phenom Xavier Perez signs name, image, likeness deal with Cobra Puma

I wonder how soon we see kids start dropping out of school to chase this dream of signing for big money at a young age?

12 is very young. I think of the Tiger documentary where he said, "it was fun and enjoyable until all eyes were on him all the time". This kid seems to be just as good at his age, but can it sustain over a career?

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I wonder how soon we see kids start dropping out of school to chase this dream of signing for big money at a young age?

12 is very young. I think of the Tiger documentary where he said, "it was fun and enjoyable until all eyes were on him all the time". This kid seems to be just as good at his age, but can it sustain over a career?

european soccer players go “pro” at like age 10. The data outta there would be telling. I’m not gonna look.

also, for my fellow male golfers: when you get a chance, go see the women live. Their mechanics are on point and their swing speed is closer to a mid handicap male than ours is to a tour pro.

the ladies lpga event in NJ was played at my buddies club from the tees we usually play. Great barometer.

non sequitor. Sorry.

Reactions: Tenacious E

They do it all the time in tennis.

Probably very soon, although my guess is they wouldn't drop out. They would just be doing private lessons like they do for child actors on movie sets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT