ADVERTISEMENT

12 Years ago today one of the greatest threads in HROT history was made.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
It was the day Roy Halladay threw his No Hitter against the Reds.

After the first inning I posted, "NO HITTER ALERT" as a joke because he mowed them down in the first inning. From there on, the tension built up, every inning getting crazier and crazier. By the 7th inning the thread was in full "Holy shit" mode. When it got to the 9th there was nothing but sheer disbelief and awesomeness. After it happened...Holy hell.

Since then, nothing has been the same. Food tastes different. Although that could be due to a mix of alcoholism and COVID. As I walk by people on the street I often wonder "Do they know who I am? Do they know I'm the NO HITTER ALERT guy?" Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night sweating. Again could be the other stuff, but still. My wife asking things like "Who's Roy?" I can't even watch baseball anymore in public and certainly not wearing sweat pants due to overt sexual arousal. I get one tattoo a year in honor of the event. This year I got one across my back of Umpire Dave West in the sexy shirtless Costanza pose. Anyway...kind of a big day. Go Phillies.

After the first inning I posted, "NO HITTER ALERT" as a joke because he mowed them down in the first inning. From there on, the tension built up, every inning getting crazier and crazier. By the 7th inning the thread was in full "Holy shit" mode. When it got to the 9th there was nothing but sheer disbelief and awesomeness. After it happened...Holy hell.

Since then, nothing has been the same. Food tastes different. Although that could be due to a mix of alcoholism and COVID. As I walk by people on the street I often wonder "Do they know who I am? Do they know I'm the NO HITTER ALERT guy?" Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night sweating. Again could be the other stuff, but still. My wife asking things like "Who's Roy?" I can't even watch baseball anymore in public and certainly not wearing sweat pants due to overt sexual arousal. I get one tattoo a year in honor of the event. This year I got one across my back of Umpire Dave West in the sexy shirtless Costanza pose. Anyway...kind of a big day. Go Phillies.
This is pure HROT posting masterbation. I'll allow it.

App idea for superstitious baseball fans. An app that tells them to check out a game-in-progress box score without saying it's a no-hitter alert.

Reactions: hawkfan0319
Today marks the first time the Phillies are in the playoffs since 11 years ago today, when longtime friends Halladay and Chris Carpenter went head to head in Game 5 of the NLDS. Cardinals scored one run in the first, and Carpenter went the distance, winning 1-0. The Cardinals went on to win the World Series, and was the last season for Pujols with the Cardinals until this year.

And of course, the Phillies are playing the Cardinals in the first round this year.

Last edited:
200w.gif

After the first inning I posted, "NO HITTER ALERT" as a joke because he mowed them down in the first inning. From there on, the tension built up, every inning getting crazier and crazier. By the 7th inning the thread was in full "Holy shit" mode. When it got to the 9th there was nothing but sheer disbelief and awesomeness. After it happened...
giphy.gif

attn-attention-seeker.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT