2- Penn St.
3-Wis.?
4- Ohio st?
5- Iowa?
6- Purdue?
7- Minn.?
8- NW?

Could go different ways from 3-8

McKee beat Ayala (3x) but lost to Heinselman, Barnett, DeAugustino and Schroder. Does beating Ayala 3x mean anything more than beating him once?

Barnett beat Schroder and McKee but lost to DeAugustino.

DeAugustino beat McKee and Barnett but lost to Ayala.

Ayala beat DeAugustino and Schroder but lost to Heinselman and McKee (3x).

Schroder beat McKee but lost to Ayala and Barnett.

Heinselman beat McKee and Ayala but lost to Hildebrandt.

Hildebrandt beat Heinselman and really no one else of note. But his only loss is to Suriano.

I think:

1. Suriano
2. Hildebrandt
3. Heinselman
Then good luck!

Seeding will be interesting/mess!!

1- Michigan
2- Penn St.
3-Wis.?
4- Ohio st?
5- Iowa?
6- Purdue?
7- Minn.?
8- NW?

Could go different ways from 3-8
Hilde- 7-1 beating Heinselman and losing to Suriano
DeAugustino is 6-1 beating McKee and Barnett losing to Ayala
Barnett is 7-1 beating McKee and Schroder, losing to DeAugustino
Heinselman is 6-2 beating McKee and Ayala, losing to Suriano and Hilde
Ayala is 3-2 (4-2 if he goes this weekend) beating DeAugustino and Schroder, losing to Heinsel and McKee
Schroder is 5-2 beating really no one and losing to Barnett and Ayala
McKee is 3-5 beating Ayala and losing to DeAugust, Barnett, Suriano, Schroder and Heinsel.

1- MI
2- PSU
3- NW
4- WI
5-tOSU
The 2 and 3 could swap but I do not see any other 1-5 than this. Ayala should be 6-8 and anyone of them would not surprise me. MN could try to argue 3 wins against Ayala for his B1G record but the only thing that is supposed to be factored is the B1G duals.

EDIT- Ayala goes either 6 or 8. I lean towards 6 but we shall see. I think he needs to wrestle this weekend to have a shot at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpat and Carlton
Minnesota won’t be at all happy if they seed McKee below Ayala after beating him 3 times.
Minnesota will be irrelevant once GS graduates. GS is the only guy that keeps Gopher wrestling in the news.

BTW: How are we doing in regards to getting Eggum that lifetime contract?

Hilde- 7-1 beating Heinselman and losing to Suriano
DeAugustino is 6-1 beating McKee and Barnett losing to Ayala
Barnett is 7-1 beating McKee and Schroder, losing to DeAugustino
Heinselman is 6-2 beating McKee and Ayala, losing to Suriano and Hilde
Ayala is 3-2 (4-2 if he goes this weekend) beating DeAugustino and Schroder, losing to Heinsel and McKee
Schroder is 5-2 beating really no one and losing to Barnett and Ayala
McKee is 3-5 beating Ayala and losing to DeAugust, Barnett, Suriano, Schroder and Heinsel.

1- MI
2- PSU
3- NW
4- WI
5-tOSU
The 2 and 3 could swap but I do not see any other 1-5 than this. Ayala should be 6-8 and anyone of them would not surprise me. MN could try to argue 3 wins against Ayala for his B1G record but the only thing that is supposed to be factored is the B1G duals.

EDIT- Ayala goes either 6 or 8. I lean towards 6 but we shall see. I think he needs to wrestle this weekend to have a shot at it.
I don’t know that Heinselman losing to only Suriano and Hildebrandt drops him to five. But who knows!

I don’t know that Heinselman losing to only Suriano and Hildebrandt drops him to five. But who knows!
When you have three 1 loss guys and you're sitting with 2 and no wins over them, jumping them is going to be tough. I may be completely wrong but that's the way I see it.

Reactions: mcpat
So what did I say that was inaccurate? Joking of course.... That's where 6-8 gets messy and Ayala having more wins would be helpful. 4-2 vs 5-2 with a head to head win > 3-2 vs 5-2 with a head to head win? We'll see.
After the regular season is over, seed them based on WrestleStat's prediction of a round-robin with point differential as the first tiebreaker and total points scored as the second tiebreaker. :rolleyes:

Reactions: AFHawk86
Ayala will end up seeded ahead of McKee and everyone will throw a fit. But if you’re only considering Big Ten duals, McKee’s 3-5 record has to fall below Ayala’s 3-2 or 4-2, especially given Ayala’s wins over 2 guys that will undoubtedly be seeded in the top 5. I think the above post is correct that he’s the 6 seed.

edit: and if I were an Iowa fan… that’d be my perfect scenario. Opposite side from Suriano. 6 or 7 seed is preferable to 4 or 5.

Last edited:
After studying it:

1. Suriano (6-0)

2. Hildebrandt (7-1)

Beat Heinselman; lost to Suriano

3. Heinselman (6-2)

Beat Ayala and McKee; lost to Suriano and Hildebrandt

4. DeAugustino (7-1)

Beat McKee and Barnett; lost to Ayala

5. Barnett (7-1)

Beat Schroder and McKee; lost to DeAugustino

6. Ayala (3-2 or 4-2)

Beat DeAugustino and Schroder; lost to Heinselman and McKee

7. Schroder (5-2)

Beat McKee; lost to Ayala and Barnett

8. McKee (3-5)

Beat Ayala; lost to Heinselman, DeAustino, Barnett and Schroder

9. Shawver (4-4)

Minnesota will be irrelevant once GS graduates. GS is the only guy that keeps Gopher wrestling in the news.

Is there some kind of signal that goes up for you when people talk about Minnesota or Isu? I don’t know any gopher wrestling fans (that’s part of their problem), but I’m sure they’re restless with Eggum. I’m not quite sure how they fix their lack of talent. They are closer to being Illinois than they are to being best in the nation.

Reactions: Bullethawk31
Is there some kind of signal that goes up for you when people talk about Minnesota or Isu? I don’t know any gopher wrestling fans (that’s part of their problem), but I’m sure they’re restless with Eggum. I’m not quite sure how they fix their lack of talent. They are closer to being Illinois than they are to being best in the nation.
When I lived in North Iowa, I worked with Gopher fans and their "Who Hates Iowa" thing. So I never miss a chance to diss their crappy sports teams.

And ISU...well, just need to keep reminding them of their insecurities and the fact that they are always going to be lil bro.

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn

Except they have Chittum coming in, as well as a legit 125er, and a few other studs. Not sure how they are landing some kids but goon on them.

Except they have Chittum coming in, as well as a legit 125er, and a few other studs. Not sure how they are landing some kids but goon on them.
The Gophers are nowhere close to the days of Robinson, and few guys have gotten better as they've gotten more experience.

Guys like Thorn and the older McKee actually regressed by the time they were seniors.

GS is the exception, not the rule for Eggum. They'll be lucky to have 2 AAs this year.

They have lots of highly touted high schoolers come in and flop...Stroker and Early Jr come to mind.

Last edited:
Who do you think they could put in front of him at the 2 slot?
I guess you're right. The only possibility would be Barnett or DeAugustino and Barnett lost to DeAugustino. And DeAugustino doesn't have much of a resume.

ADVERTISEMENT