ADVERTISEMENT

1460 KXNO Morning Rush This Morning and the Hawk Bowl Win

markfromj

HR Legend
Sep 1, 2004
I listened from 6 am to about 6:30, then again about 6:45 to show end at 8 o'clock, and, for the time I listened, I heard zero talk of the Hawk bowl win.

I apologize if I missed it in the that 6:30 - 6:45 slot, but....did anyone else listed to the whole show, and, if so, did they really completely blow it off?

If so, my theory is that this was a troll job to fire up Hawk fans.

Love the show and the hosts, but disappointed today in what I did not hear.

I listened from 6 am to about 6:30, then again about 6:45 to show end at 8 o'clock, and, for the time I listened, I heard zero talk of the Hawk bowl win.

I apologize if I missed it in the that 6:30 - 6:45 slot, but....did anyone else listed to the whole show, and, if so, did they really completely blow it off?

If so, my theory is that this was a troll job to fire up Hawk fans.

Love the show and the hosts, but disappointed today in what I did not hear.

Sounds like the DMRag & Fishwrap, minimal to no Iowa coverage. It's a sad editorial decision when a Randy written clown "human interest" type story gets front page above the fold over more news worthy Iowa coverage.

The DMRag sports section has been crap since the Peach went away.

There are real issues in the wholel culture of the DMRag, as evidenced by the Ragbrai fiasco. Actually the whole paper, all 6 pages of all sections, is worthless

Sounds like the DMRag & Fishwrap, minimal to no Iowa coverage. It's a sad editorial decision when a Randy written clown "human interest" type story gets front page above the fold over more news worthy Iowa coverage.

The DMRag sports section has been crap since the Peach went away.

There are real issues in the wholel culture of the DMRag, as evidenced by the Ragbrai fiasco. Actually the whole paper, all 6 pages of all sections, is worthless
Agreed on the status of sports section. The Big Peach used to be sweet. I actually have some of them saved. I understand his job is to cover the Clones but at least be somewhat objective.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Morning show is terrible regardless of what coverage they give or don't give to Iowa. Heather is annoying and whiny. So is the dude that produces and talks with them. I don't care about his love life or any of his other personal life. Travis can be pretty funny, but he can also be an arrogant ass as well.

I listened to the KXNO on my way into work between 6:45-7:15 and they got wrapped up on season expectations of fans of ISUs program (under performed) and Iowa's program (over performed). Then they took a couple calls that talked about the future of the programs.
Next, they discussed how tOSU got jobbed on the fumble replay and started dissecting what is a "catch".

One thing that hurts the show is none of the three are Hawkeye fans. Heather is an ISU fan, Sean is a Notre Dame follower, and Travis lives in Omaha so he is disconnected.

As I was getting out of the car they started discussing the Iowa v Kennesaw State basketball game.

Morning show is terrible regardless of what coverage they give or don't give to Iowa. Heather is annoying and whiny. So is the dude that produces and talks with them. I don't care about his love life or any of his other personal life. Travis can be pretty funny, but he can also be an arrogant ass as well.
Agree completely. I guess if you like your morning radio show about reading listener's tweets then this is the show for you.

Unfortunately, there isn't much else for morning local sports radio. Some mornings they are unbearable. Especially when Heather is having a "rant" day and she wants to take it out on Sean.
WHO sucks for sports, 1350 and 1700 are national sports so we don't have much else. I also don't understand the reason to bring in Des Moines Police Public Information Office Paul Parizek (Heather's husband) so people can call in and ask about traffic violations of their "friends". I like the guy but not when I want to hear about local sports.

Sean is really the only one I prefer to listen to on the show. He's more passionate about sports than the other two combined.

I used to listen to Morning Rush but got fed up with uninformed hosts. Morning Rush is almost as bad on Hawkeye coverage as Cyclone Fanati....oops I mean Sports Fanatics in the afternoon. Ross is clueless on anything Iowa Sports.

yeah, Ross is really bad. I feel like Chris Williams knows more about Iowa sports than he does and he seems pretty clueless on things an Iowa fan should know. Him and Travis Justice hosting Soundoff is a travesty.

Wait. You like that show? Ho-lee-$hit. You should see somebody for that.

Play a game, listen until they have a make fun of Sean moment. I guarantee it won’t be on for more than three minutes. If you want to make it shorter, add in a rule to also turn it off when Travis throws in a ham fisted innuendo or Heather talks about Five-O.

Reactions: anon_gjzkhykcp9iuj
I used to listen to Morning Rush but got fed up with uninformed hosts. Morning Rush is almost as bad on Hawkeye coverage as Cyclone Fanati....oops I mean Sports Fanatics in the afternoon. Ross is clueless on anything Iowa Sports.

Morning Rush is painful since they talk about everything but sports. If you want to listen to sports, turn on Ken Miller and his side kick as they do a pretty good job discussing sports. Murph and Andy is just plain funny no matter what they talk about w/ all of their guests.

Sports Fanatics with Miller and Williams is ok but they need to shut up when they have their analysts - Long and Rosenfuels then Sullivan and Settles talk football and basketball break down. I don’t need to hear Chris Williams or Ross give me their take when they’ve never played a down of D1 sports.

Outbackbowl2017 has the correct assessment.

Morning Rush talks about dipsh*t Shawn’s hair more than they do sports. Then Travis Justice reminds listeners they are number one or something in their time slot. And Heather is just there to talk about “5-0”. Every time I give them another chance, I’m reminded how insufferable they all are. It’s something you’d expect on 94.9 KGGO.

Really bad show, in my opinion, speaking as a 40-something that loves the Hawkeyes but doesn't mind some non-sports talk. Absolutely love Murph & Andy. If they quit, I'd probably never turn the dial to 1460 again.

Reactions: Underscore2
They briefly discussed in that time slot you missed but then quickly stopped talking about it. Pretty crazy especially since two of the guys host Hawkeye sound off after games. You'd think they would give some analysis on the season or bowl game

That Heather is by far the worst I have ever heard on any sports radio show ever. I get the female angle and cool with that but she is insanely horrible and doesn’t try to hide it. And her voice and cackle is worse than nails on a chalkboard. Seriously, when I have family or friends in town from all over the US I force them to listen to that show and to a person they cannot believe she is on a sports radio show. And God forbid the “5-0” segment. I don’t care she is a Clone, but she knows zero about sports. Zero.

I actually enjoy the show most of the time and don't dislike the hosts as much as apparently ever other poster. I do wish they would give more sports analysis and I wish they would make an effort to get Hawkeye guests. I really hated the show when I first started listening but somehow it has won me over and I listen to it getting ready in the morning

Reactions: TKingpin
Worst radio show ever in the Des Moines market. I never turn it on in the morning. I always listen to one of the two national radio shows. Much of the time they aren't even talking about sports.

Reactions: YouGotThatRight
I stopped listening to this show and podcasts about a year ago.

This show was very entertaining at times, and I enjoyed it at first. But the constant need to be “cool” by Justice, and related banter related to age / local politics / social media bs made this show mostly irritating.

That Heather is by far the worst I have ever heard on any sports radio show ever. I get the female angle and cool with that but she is insanely horrible and doesn’t try to hide it. And her voice and cackle is worse than nails on a chalkboard. Seriously, when I have family or friends in town from all over the US I force them to listen to that show and to a person they cannot believe she is on a sports radio show. And God forbid the “5-0” segment. I don’t care she is a Clone, but she knows zero about sports. Zero.
Maybe Maddie should get a look instead? Try radio if sideline reporting doesn't work out.

I just want to pile on and echo the sentiment that the show sucks. I have it on for a ten minute commute and they are rarely talking about sports. Travis is rude and always making sexual innuendos. Heather is annoying. The douche that runs the show seems to always be a topic. And the segment with the cop is brutal for a sports show. And they always seem to want to talk about Des Moines hockey which is as interesting as it sounds.

I used to assume I just was listening to the wrong 10 minutes, but after talking to other people I realized the whole show sucks. And evidently the people in charge of it don't care because they know it sucks.

I just want to pile on and echo the sentiment that the show sucks. I have it on for a ten minute commute and they are rarely talking about sports. Travis is rude and always making sexual innuendos. Heather is annoying. The douche that runs the show seems to always be a topic. And the segment with the cop is brutal for a sports show. And they always seem to want to talk about Des Moines hockey which is as interesting as it sounds.

I used to assume I just was listening to the wrong 10 minutes, but after talking to other people I realized the whole show sucks. And evidently the people in charge of it don't care because they know it sucks.

This was a fantastic post. Heather is awful. Travis is arrogant af. Which makes him a pud whacking d bag. Sean is a d bag. Tuesdays show is the worst. The cop segment and Randy Peterson. I try to give the show a chance once every couple weeks on a 10 minute commute but every time I turn it off because of how much the show sucks. Ross Peterson has no business hosting a sports talk radio show. Knows very little about sports. And knows very little about iowa. Should not be hosting hawk central and him and travis hosting soundoff is pathetic. Dont get me started on chris Williams. I'll go off on him another time. Hes a cuck. TC knows sports and Murph and Andy is good.

Reactions: RothMatt
I listened to the KXNO on my way into work between 6:45-7:15 and they got wrapped up on season expectations of fans of ISUs program (under performed) and Iowa's program (over performed). Then they took a couple calls that talked about the future of the programs.
Next, they discussed how tOSU got jobbed on the fumble replay and started dissecting what is a "catch".

One thing that hurts the show is none of the three are Hawkeye fans. Heather is an ISU fan, Sean is a Notre Dame follower, and Travis lives in Omaha so he is disconnected.

As I was getting out of the car they started discussing the Iowa v Kennesaw State basketball game.

Travis is a Hawkeye fan.

yeah, Ross is really bad. I feel like Chris Williams knows more about Iowa sports than he does and he seems pretty clueless on things an Iowa fan should know. Him and Travis Justice hosting Soundoff is a travesty.

Yes, Ross is the worst. He makes Chris Williams sounds like Dan Patrick.

Yep, half of their material is Sean playing dumb. Maybe that was a good bit for him in elementary school, but not for a morning sports talk radio show. Travis and Heather just feed it too with their over the top laughter and by continuing to beat the "joke" to death.

I'm a big fan of Ross Peterson and really enjoy sports fanatics. I wish Ross was a little more connected to the iowa athletic department though

Say what you will about Marty Tirrel.....at least he was interesting and talked sports.

Miller and Deace made the Morning Rush look like chumps.
It's pretty simple to me. If you can't fill up the entire time slot by talking sports then you don't know sports and shouldn't be on the radio talking sports!

Andy and Keith Murphy are very often not talking about sports, either, but they go off-topic with some great stuff ... and they are really funny. Love that show. Miller and Condon have excellent content and guests and know how to do interviews. I just rarely get to tune in from 10:00 to Noon.

I would also echo the thought that it is criminal that Travis and Ross are doing Hawkeye soundoff. That used to be a staple on a Saturday after the game. It’s unbearable now. It’s a far cry from the mike Newell and Larry cotlar version. The eastern Iowa version with Lew Montgomery and Trevor Bollers is amazing.

I
Andy and Keith Murphy are very often not talking about sports, either, but they go off-topic with some great stuff ... and they are really funny. Love that show. Miller and Condon have excellent content and guests and know how to do interviews. I just rarely get to tune in from 10:00 to Noon.
wish Miller and Condon would take the morning slot but Ken hates mornings so that’s never happening. Apparently people listen to that trash because the show has been on for awhile. I get irritated when I turn on my car and the station is on 1460 and I have to hear 3 seconds of that awful show. It must be popular among lower IQ sports fans.....like Cyclone or Nebraska fans

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
They also don't follow all sports so they have to talk about unrelated stuff. Good tv sports reporters but they can't do radio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT