ADVERTISEMENT

15 days from kickoff of the 2015 season ...

cidsports

HB King
I am excited for 2015 College Football season.

120th Season of Big Ten football. 2nd year of the College Football Playoff.

Iowa will not be the first program to kickoff the season.

Minnesota, Michigan ... some very interesting OOC games for the B1G. Ohio State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern and Wisconsin.

Iowa vs. Illinois State ... FBS vs. FCS.
No, it isn't UCLA or USC anymore. Those days are long gone.

The new position packages bring hope and unknown this year. There are questions with the 2015 team, it is far from perfect, but I am looking forward to the season.

I am happy of the new QB depth chart. It is a new #1 and it has been awhile, since Iowa entered a new season with a new #1, with a little experience. It was 2011, actually last time we had one.

It is C.J. Beathard's team now at QB.

The RB rotation is new, as well. Jordan Canzeri is the lone senior and hopefully healthy. I am glad for the change.

Iowa has two experienced Fullbacks. Hopefully, the two seniors can strengthen again the rushing game, which as been up and down, since 2011.

The #1 WR and rotation has changed, as well. It should be interesting. The concerns over seperation do remain, but we shall see how players elevate their games?

After a disappointing season at 7-6, sometimes change is needed. While there are unknowns and concerns, I am looking forward to Kirk Ferentz's 17th season, much like Hayden Fry's in the 100th year of Big Ten football.

Football is ultimately about the Black & Gold.

#1 Drew Ott - like my paternal grandfather, he came from Nebraska. He may not be Matt Roth or Adrian Clayborn, but Ott brings a good story to the 2015 team ...

#2 C.J. Beathard - I supported Jake Rudock in '13 and '14, but he came up short. Iowa needs a different QB, and hopefully like Gordy/Pete, Chuck, Matt, Brad, Nathan, Drew and Ricky ... C.J. can bring something Iowa fans can hold there drink up to by season's end ...

#3 Tevaun Smith - he has had several highlights in his career at Iowa. Time to have a breakout season, as a senior. It would be nice.

#4 Jeleel Johnson - 4* recruit entering his junior seasons. There is something about juniors, in Hawkeye past.

#5 Desmond King - ever since he made first start as a true frosh ... he has been a player to enjoy. #14 has always been one of my favorite Hawkeye numbers ...

#6 Austin Blythe anchors the O-Line ... a in-state kid, who has grown over the past several seasons. A strong interior line is much needed in 2015.

#7 the entire LB corp. We saw how the 2010 season got off track at this position, due to injuries, then experience. Last year, the unit hit bottom again. Three sophmores again, much like 2011s group.

#8 the TE corp - Starting with Hayden Fry with the standup TE, Iowa has had a good tradition at this position. 2015 should be another good season with Duzey hopefully back as a contributor by B1G season. The cousins should be a good 1-2 punch, as well.

9. DC Phil Parker - year 4, time to step up and build a B1G championship defense. Iowa has a lot of distance to gain, but a favorable schedule and better experience, why not?

10. Kirk Ferentz, Greg Davis and Brian Ferentz - find the karma, the Mojo and a much, much better smoke and mirrors machine. The 1981 team wasn't good at times, but they had a championship defense. Iowa needs a better offense in 2015.

#11 Bring back success on special teams. Experience should help over what Iowa didn't have heading into 2014.

On Iowa!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News