ADVERTISEMENT

15 Points to Build All-Time NBA Team

The NBA and/or TNT put this out there....

You have 15 points to build your all-time #NBAAllStar squad. Who are you picking?

EQjJB7SWsAAnLVW.jpg
Jordan, James, bird , Durant, Westbrook

Last edited:
I find it curious that perhaps the most complete player ever in The League is not a choice....no Oscar Robinson? The guy was a scorer, a passer, a rebounder and complete ballplayer...there were many better than him in his day. Not even worth a point? He should have been a 3 or 4 pointer in my humble opinion. He was Larry Bird long before Larry Bird.

You want me to use 15 points? Okay, Jordan, Kobe, James. You didn’t say how many players I had to take. These three would beat anyone 3 vs 5!

Now Ill take 5:
Jordan 5
Hakeem 4
Duncan 3
KD 1
Stockton 1

And since I have 1 more point ill take Jerry West coming off the bench.

Is it out of line to think Nash should be on the list over West or Stockton? No hate on Stockton. But I feel like Nash was a much better scorer, and damn near a better passer.
No, and if you have Stockton, why isn't his running mate on the list?

This is a tough scenario but I gotta go:

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

reason: team would spit hot fire

I love Shaq, but given values assigned...

Lebron, MJ, Wilt, Durant and Gervin.

LBJ plays point, MJ, GG and KD on the wing. Wilt inside.

The points on this thing are a little off. There’s no bigger Dr. J fan on earth than me. There’s no way he should be worth more than Bird or Chamberlain. No way. There. I said it:

I’m sorry, Doc!

Jordan, James, Duncan, Durant, Stockton

Is it out of line to think Nash should be on the list over West or Stockton? No hate on Stockton. But I feel like Nash was a much better scorer, and damn near a better passer.
Nash was a better shooter, but Stockton was also a great defender. They both shot over 50% during their prime years, but their job on this team wouldn't be to score anyway.

Anyone not picking Westbrook is insane. Dude hustles his ass off, has won NBA All-Star MVP 2x, and has the 4th highest scoring average in all star games in NBA history. He and Durant for $1 is laughable.

He's also a ball stopper and has significant lapses on defense. There are much better options available to build a team. Durant at $1 is a no brainer.

Not yet.

You do also realize John Stockton had more career points, right?

In fact, he also had way more assists and don't even bother looking at numbers for steals.......
Nash is in the Hall of Fame and widely regarded as a Top 50 player.

And yes, I’m aware of the stats. I’m also aware that Nash was good enough to win MVP twice. I never even liked Steve Nash, I just feel he gets forgotten about often when people discuss all-time great players.

PG LeBron 5
SG Jordan 5
SF Durant 1
PF Dirk 2
C Russell 2

I wanted to get Bird on there but then it made it tough to find a good enough shooting guard. I'd like better shooting at the 2, but I guess Jordan will do. Durant and Dirk will make up for his lack of shooting. Also, how is Chris Paul not on this list but Melo and Westbrook are?

And yes, I’m aware of the stats. I’m also aware that Nash was good enough to win MVP twice. I never even liked Steve Nash, I just feel he gets forgotten about often when people discuss all-time great players.
Agree that he should be on the list.

Values look like this to me:

Overpriced players:
Erving
Thomas
Iverson
Wade
Carter

Underpriced
Chamberlain
Durant
Bird
Duncan
Russell

The points on this thing are a little off. There’s no bigger Dr. J fan on earth than me. There’s no way he should be worth more than Bird or Chamberlain. No way. There. I said it:

I’m sorry, Doc!

The Dr. and Isiah at 4 points and Bird and Duncan at 3 points. Pretty ridiculous.

I'd take Nash and Tony Parker over Stockton any day. Stockton disappears in the last two minutes of every crucial playoff game. Can't get his own shoot.

Reactions: McLovin32
Durant (1 pt) - 25 ppg, 2 x all star MVP
Westbrook (1 pt) - 23.5 ppg, 2 x MVP
James (5) - 24.1 ppg, 3 x MVP
Kobe (5) - 19.3 ppg, 4 x MVP
Wilt (3) - 14.7, ppg, 15.2 rpg, 1 x MVP

Oscar Robertson (0 pts) 20.5 ppg, 3 x MVP
Bob Pettit (0 pts) 20.4 ppg, 16.2 rpg, 4 x MVP

Reactions: McLovin32
I'd take Nash and Tony Parker over Stockton any day. Stockton disappears in the last two minutes of every crucial playoff game. Can't get his own shoot.
And Nash could def create his own. I looked into the point totals a bit. Stockton played almost 300 more career games than Nash, but only played 1 more season. Break the difference down in their career point totals and it comes to 7 ppg for Nash in those additional 300 games to match Stocktons point total. So Stockton having more career points is pretty misleading.

PG LeBron 5
SG Jordan 5
SF Durant 1
PF Dirk 2
C Russell 2

I wanted to get Bird on there but then it made it tough to find a good enough shooting guard. I'd like better shooting at the 2, but I guess Jordan will do. Durant and Dirk will make up for his lack of shooting. Also, how is Chris Paul not on this list but Melo and Westbrook are?
Jordan is an a’ight SG. Bird 3/4. James 3/4. KD 5.

Kib
Durant (1 pt) - 25 ppg, 2 x all star MVP
Westbrook (1 pt) - 23.5 ppg, 2 x MVP
James (5) - 24.1 ppg, 3 x MVP
Kobe (5) - 19.3 ppg, 4 x MVP
Wilt (3) - 14.7, ppg, 15.2 rpg, 1 x MVP

Oscar Robertson (0 pts) 20.5 ppg, 3 x MVP
Bob Pettit (0 pts) 20.4 ppg, 16.2 rpg, 4 x MVP
kobe over Jordan?

He's also a ball stopper and has significant lapses on defense. There are much better options available to build a team. Durant at $1 is a no brainer.

It’s an all-star game, brah. Not many players better in an all-star setting than Russ, and he’s only $1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT