ADVERTISEMENT

154 Degrees!

I've said before we could solve the middle east issues with air conditioning and good cable TV. Keep them all home.

Looks like climate change and mother nature might do what nobody else could. 154 degrees Fahrenheit (heat index) is ridiculous. Several more summers like this and everyone will have either left the middle east or be dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/middle-east-heat-wave_55bba9dae4b0b23e3ce29439?
Clearly the Middle East deserves it. If not for their oil would we even be worrying about global warming? Sure we can get oil other places and there's always coal, but if not for ME oil, we might have priced ourselves into green energy or more nuclear or even - gasp - more conservation.

Reactions: BioHawk
Clearly the Middle East deserves it. If not for their oil would we even be worrying about global warming? Sure we can get oil other places and there's always coal, but if not for ME oil, we might have priced ourselves into green energy or more nuclear or even - gasp - more conservation.
Stop bitching and make like a Rockefeller and reinvent the energy business. Whining doesn't reverse the damage done.

Looks like climate change and mother nature might do what nobody else could. 154 degrees Fahrenheit (heat index) is ridiculous. Several more summers like this and everyone will have either left the middle east or be dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/middle-east-heat-wave_55bba9dae4b0b23e3ce29439?
So, can I mark you down as someone not allowed to complain this winter when someone posts about a cold snap in the midwest and asks where the global warming is?

Reactions: icu81222
Seeing the women bundled up from head to toe in those pictures is just mindboggling. I really have very little sympathy for those people or their culture.

So, can I mark you down as someone not allowed to complain this winter when someone posts about a cold snap in the midwest and asks where the global warming is?

I wouldn't make that complaint anyway so I guess so.

It's ALWAYS been hot over there during the summer. I suffered through plenty of those temps on oil platform. Hell, the hottest day over there was 165 (heat index plus a steel platform).

It's the damn desert and middle eastern deserts get hot.

I've said before we could solve the middle east issues with air conditioning and good cable TV. Keep them all home.

They have air conditioning and cable TV. Do you think they live in huts with a bunch of goats?

Here's a photo of Doha, Qatar. A VERY hot and modern place. Been there twice.

How do you like the funny-shaped building on the right, natural? Wink.

18.jpg

Stop bitching and make like a Rockefeller and reinvent the energy business. Whining doesn't reverse the damage done.
That was helpful.

What makes you think the energy cartel(s) will allow any such reinvention unless maybe they can control it and make even more profit from it?

As long as we depend upon the market and the rules require businesses to focus on short-term profit, we are pretty much screwed.

They have air conditioning and cable TV. Do you think they live in huts with a bunch of goats?

Here's a photo of Doha, Qatar. A VERY hot and modern place. Been there twice.

How do you like the funny-shaped building on the right, natural? Wink.

18.jpg
I like it, but I think they are just following my plan. How many jihadists do you imagine come from those buildings? I mean look how liberal they are? They let that woman stand there alone out in public without stoning her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT