ADVERTISEMENT

16 states allow Illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses

Apr 18, 2021
Buckhead GA
The Massachusetts House is slated to debate a bill that would allow illegals to obtain driver's licenses. Should that bill eventually become law, Massachusetts would join 16 other states and the District of Columbia, which have enacted similar legislation.

I wonder if they are also exempt from carrying vehicle insurance as most of them in my area don't carry it?

There's a huge difference between undocumented and illegal, as it relates to immigration status. Also, without the H2A ag workers, and their ability to drive as part of their work function, American farmers would be crippled, and consumer prices would explode, the likes of which the would has never seen.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I believe I previously read that the national police org or assoc supported this as well when other states were proposing it

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I see that Nevada is on the list.

We actually have two classes of licenses; one with a gold star on it certifies that the holder has shown proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate or passport. I think this is a national program set up with the intention of making airline travel less complicated at some point. (It is called a "Federal Driver License," I believe.)

The other license is more or less for everyone else. I guess an illegal can get one of those.

I am not sure how this stuff shakes out in accident investigations, and traffic stops.

There's a huge difference between undocumented and illegal, as it relates to immigration status. Also, without the H2A ag workers, and their ability to drive as part of their work function, American farmers would be crippled, and consumer prices would explode, the likes of which the would has never seen.
Yep.....and the exploding housing market

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
ADVERTISEMENT