ADVERTISEMENT

17 matches

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
As mentioned before, I believe a wrestler needs 17 D1 matches to get a seed at NCAAs. Kemerer is 7-0 with 6 duals left and B1Gs (4 matches). Is there a chance he goes to an open rather than travel to Michigan?

As mentioned before, I believe a wrestler needs 17 D1 matches to get a seed at NCAAs. Kemerer is 7-0 with 6 duals left and B1Gs (4 matches). Is there a chance he goes to an open rather than travel to Michigan?

No such rule. Can go to B1Gs with a 0-0 record and make NCAAs by placing as high as needed at a given weight to auto-qualify. Every qualifier is now seeded at NCAAs.

No such rule. Can go to B1Gs with a 0-0 record and make NCAAs by placing as high as needed at a given weight to auto-qualify. Every qualifier is now seeded at NCAAs.

True but if you don't have jack for seeding criteria like joe smith last year you will get a shit seed like joe smith last year.

True but if you don't have jack for seeding criteria like joe smith last year you will get a shit seed like joe smith last year.

Ok, but that doesn't come even close to Kemerer's situation.

Smith got that seed because he lost twice at big 12s and had wrestled 174 for the few matches that he wrestled during the year

Reactions: DirkTang1
Snyder had very few matches and I dont recall him getting a bad seed. Kemmerer just took out #4 and #6. I think he will be okay.

Kem should have no problem qualifying by finishing within the qualifying allotment for the Big Ten Conference at 174. The conference currently has seven guys in the top 10 nationally. They should get at least eight (maybe nine) allotments for that weight.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk

Completely false as noted above. You need 17 for the RPI, 5 for the Coaches (plus must have 1 in the past 30 days) and there are 4-6 additional seeding criteria (conf placement, win %, head to head etc). Snyder was the 2 seed behind Gwiz with no RPI. JoJo had no matches at 65 prior to the Big 12 tourney and he was no world beater at that tournament. Completely different set of circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT