ADVERTISEMENT

#18 Iowa has tied #13 Texas and #4 Wake Forest. Takes on #15 Penn State (#13 vs #9 RPI) Thursday in Iowa City

@billanole, you see this? Good news for both FSU and the Iowa, especially after our Hawks went into Columbus and got a result against the Buckeyes last night. Again, the 2-0 result was actually flattering to WF that night. The Hawks SHOULD have won by 3 or 4 at least, but our finishing wasn't the greatest. We were already up to #12 with the computers, and this is only going to help...

My best friend's daughter plays soccer for Wake. She's dating Cooper Flagg.

• Wow
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Why no updates?

1:01 PSU goal 1-0
4:16 GOOOAAAL Iowa 1-1 (Sofia Bush)
30:06 GOOOOOAAAAL Iowa 2-1 (Maya Hansen)

EDIT:
Half: 2-1 Hawks

Enjoying it too much! Hope we can hold it down.

Bush’s goal was a top corner riser from distance. Meike Ingles had both assists, btw.

Reactions: torbee
Are we a soccer school? PSU never threatened apart from a half chance at the end. If we avoid a letdown at Northwestern we are looking at being top 10 in the computer ranking and top 15 in the human polls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris and Torg
Iowa is legit. And I’m trying to figure out how WF is rated higher when we already beat them.
The coaches polled are hurting us because of the 1-1 draw at Western Michigan. WMU hardly had a chance and Enneking just got caught off her line from distance. Computer polls don’t punish you as much for road draws. And Wake took down a number 1, and they’re a blue blood.
Dilani is a great coach. His record at GVS was ridiculous.
He is. He was a great hire. I’m getting a little worried that he’ll be hired away by a blue blood like an FSU one day, now that his youngest graduated City High. Pretty sure he loves IC though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT