ADVERTISEMENT

1972 baseball team

r448chlpo

All-Conference
Mar 8, 2017
Powell, Ohio
I understand they are back for at least part of this weekends series with Duh Ohio State University. Having graduated in 1971, I would appreciate some player names. The only person I recognize is Fred Mims. Thanks in advance.

There were 3 players were from CR Jefferson. Mark Tschopp, Brad Trickey and Dan Dalziel. Tschopp and Dalziel pitched and Trickey played shortstop. Tschopp and Trickey played in the minors.

Jim Sundberg lived next door to us at Lakeside Manor when I was a junior. When I got out of college and worked for Texaco I was in Tampa on business. I drove over to Cocoa to watch the Astros and Rangers play. All these people were trying to get his autograph. I just started yelling at him. Had a short visit.I think I still have his rookie card

Reactions: funnyfletcher
There were 3 players were from CR Jefferson. Mark Tschopp, Brad Trickey and Dan Dalziel. Tschopp and Dalziel pitched and Trickey played shortstop. Tschopp and Trickey played in the minors.

In 72, Trickey played 3B and then moved to SS for remaining years. Think guy named Ray Smith played SS that year and I recall Tom Hurn who I think was from CR Wash played RF or 1B. Long time and hard to remember other names

I remember Tom Hurn playing infield for the Waterloo Merchants during a few summers back in the early 70's managed by the late Rich Blumeyer. They also had some of the better players from UNI. Those were the days my friends.

On second thought. It was Mike Hurn that played amateur baseball for Waterloo. Sorry about that. Anyone know if they are related.

I believe they are brothers. Tom played summer league baseball in the Iowa Valley League and the Watkins Night League.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT