ADVERTISEMENT

1980s movies just hit different

ihhawk

HB Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
After looking at the thread of the lines in action movies, it’s obvious that many of them were from the 1980s. When googling the Rocky 4 quotes, I got sucked into a 20 minute You tube search of some of my favorites.

A classic that many of us forget and the movie will never be replicated is Stallones “Over the top”. Interesting movie plot compared to todays movies.

I remember as a kid watching that thinking “Oh shit, he turned his hat around”

What’s another movie?

After looking at the thread of the lines in action movies, it’s obvious that many of them were from the 1980s. When googling the Rocky 4 quotes, I got sucked into a 20 minute You tube search of some of my favorites.

A classic that many of us forget and the movie will never be replicated is Stallones “Over the top”. Interesting movie plot compared to todays movies.

What’s another movie?

Watch the movie Diggstown.

What’s another movie?

I loved Over the Top.

I liked that big burly hillbilly dude downing a quart of motor oil right before getting beat.

GH7A_6.gif

Reactions: ihhawk
I recently watched a portion of the original footloose.

I was young when that movie came out so I’m confused why they have Bacon doing gymnastics in the old grain mill? Was gymnastic a “cool thing” at that time?

I love watching 80’s movies because I laugh at the hair and the shoulder pads.
And that’s just on the guys. 😬

Reactions: seminoleed
I recently watched a portion of the original footloose.

I was young when that movie came out so I’m confused why they have Bacon doing gymnastics in the old grain mill? Was gymnastic a “cool thing” at that time?
I think it was to show he was the progressive kid from California.

Funny how that movie came out almost 40 years ago and it’s not far off the politics and social conflicts of today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT