ADVERTISEMENT

1st 2020 Commit

Hawki45

Scout Team
Jun 29, 2017
With AAU ball ending in July, do you think Iowa gets their first commit for the 2020 class this month? Would be nice to get on the board with one going into the fall, preferably Foster. I could also see Desmond Polk being the first. Thoughts?

With AAU ball ending in July, do you think Iowa gets their first commit for the 2020 class this month? Would be nice to get on the board with one going into the fall, preferably Foster. I could also see Desmond Polk being the first. Thoughts?

I hope so. With no summer league ball and no recruiting news, it's getting really boring around here.

If we can land Foster before the end of the summer, that would be fantastic.

Reactions: Hawki45
Not true. Signing day isn't until November.

Right. Most won't sign for a while yet. Heck a lot of them go to a football game first... That is why I want Fran to evaluate & target some of the lesser known players. Wrap up a couple of good ones, hope for the bigger fish. We have PLENTY of scholarships to hand out!

Desmond Polk or Bowen Born (If offered).

I would take Polk! Being from Des Moines he has the perfect name. ;)

Born does not seem like an Iowa commit.... I mean if he is that good, wouldn't he be going to his father's alma mater up the road??

If we could land Xavier Foster early, that would be huge!! I think others would jump on board knowing that we have him leading the class. IMHO...

I hope so. With no summer league ball and no recruiting news, it's getting really boring around here.

If we can land Foster before the end of the summer, that would be fantastic.

Reactions: ZumaHawk

Born does not seem like an Iowa commit.... I mean if he is that good, wouldn't he be going to his father's alma mater up the road??
IIRC his Grandfather was the Iowa alum.

I think ISU is full up @ PG. I could be wrong but I don't believe they are going to offer.

Its been said the last few years but I really do think this is make or break for Fran. Yes, they had a great run into the tourney last year but if this class is filled with 5 “back up” plans then I don’t think he makes it another 2-3 years.

Its been said the last few years but I really do think this is make or break for Fran. Yes, they had a great run into the tourney last year but if this class is filled with 5 “back up” plans then I don’t think he makes it another 2-3 years.

I agree. I just hope people don't jump down his throat if he doesn't land Foster. Everything I've seen/heard says Foster's an ISU lean if he stays in-state. That's just how in-state bullshit works. Fran can still grab good guys in the class outside of Foster.

Last edited:
I agree. I just hope people don't jump down his throat if he doesn't land Foster. Everything I've seen/heard says he's an ISU lean if he stays in-state. That's how in-state bullshit works. He can still grab good guys in the class outside of Foster.

I've seen the opposite. Recent interviews by his dad appear to give Iowa the instate lead.

Reactions: chuck285
I've seen the opposite. Recent interviews by his dad appear to give Iowa the instate lead.
ISU is not going to offer the young man. I am sure that He has an open invitation to walk-on but no Scholly as it stands now.

I agree. I just hope people don't jump down his throat if he doesn't land Foster. Everything I've seen/heard says he's an ISU lean if he stays in-state. That's how in-state bullshit works. He can still grab good guys in the class outside of Foster.

ISU is not going to offer the young man. I am sure that He has an open invitation to walk-on but no Scholly as it stands now.

I'm talking about Foster dummy.
You replied to a post about Foster

Iowa does not have the inside lead on Foster. I can assure you of that.

You will be assuredly wrong.

This will be like Gavin Williams all over again. Clowns will claim they're in the lead followed by saying they didn't really want him.

Reactions: perryhawk
You will be assuredly wrong.

This will be like Gavin Williams all over again. Clowns will claim they're in the lead followed by saying they didn't really want him.
Never needed Gavin Williams as we have 3 that are better, ncluding the Williams we got tonight. Gavin was never a priority for the Clones. The state of Iowa is not a hotbed for skill position players.

Never needed Gavin Williams as we have 3 that are better, ncluding the Williams we got tonight. Gavin was never a priority for the Clones. The state of Iowa is not a hotbed for skill position players.

Lol, right lil brother. Miyan Williams is rated below Gavin per 247 both on their aggregate and their own ratings.

Maybe you'll get another 8 win season and claim to be a dynasty next year now.

ISU only has 4 of their 15 recruits rated above .86 per 247. Iowa has 11 of 21. I'd say ISU needs all the help they can get.

Reactions: perryhawk
Gotta ask which one...? Mr Polk County, or Born?
It's my recommendation that one should not post when suffering heat exhaustion. The last couple of days my brain was baking.

Foster is the one with Iowa ties. I don't know about the Born and Polk families.

Lol, right lil brother. Miyan Williams is rated below Gavin per 247 both on their aggregate and their own ratings.

ISU only has 4 of their 15 recruits rated above .86 per 247. Iowa has 11 of 21. I'd say ISU needs all the help they can get.
You are way off base on this one. The Williams kid from DSM has 4 P5 offers. The Williams kid from cincy has 9 P5 offers. These coaches are better at evaluating kids than any recruiting service.

You obviously think recruiting services are the experts but I certainly don’t. I believe coaches are much better judges of talent and need. Prior to Williams commiting to ISU last night, ISU & Iowa averaged the exact same number of P5 offers per recruit(3.2). ISU’s average went up since Williams has 9

Last edited:
You are way off base on this one. The Williams kid from DSM has 4 P5 offers. The Williams kid from cincy has 9 P5 offers. These coaches are better at evaluating kids than any recruiting service.

Cmon dude. You don't know anything about their recruiting, you don't know if gavin told other schools he wasn't interested. You don't know if other schools backed off because they knew he would stay in-state, like so often happens with these things. I can't believe Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, and Michigan would offer Gavin a scholarship but the powerhouses in Kansas, Kent St., Toledo, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Rutgers all didn't want him. To brag about those offers is ludicrous.

And to my second point, who gives a shit? I remember a certain ISU qb who had offers from georgia and alabama and a slew of SEC schools out of high school, who was heralded as a heisman hopeful from the ISU fanbase, who went 4-9 as a starter and ended up getting benched for a transfer from Oregon St.

Wait until they win you ballgames to brag about a player.

Cmon dude. You don't know anything about their recruiting, you don't know if gavin told other schools he wasn't interested. You don't know if other schools backed off because they knew he would stay in-state, like so often happens with these things. I can't believe Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, and Michigan would offer Gavin a scholarship but the powerhouses in Kansas, Kent St., Toledo, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Rutgers all didn't want him. To brag about those offers is ludicrous.

And to my second point, who gives a shit? I remember a certain ISU qb who had offers from georgia and alabama and a slew of SEC schools out of high school, who was heralded as a heisman hopeful from the ISU fanbase, who went 4-9 as a starter and ended up getting benched for a transfer from Oregon St.

Wait until they win you ballgames to brag about a player.
The last I checked, Mich & Neb weren`t in Iowa. This Williams kid from Ohio was the top RB target on their board. I don`t know of a QB with such offers getting benched for an Oregon St transfer. I know of a QB that had offers from aTm & Bama that came in during his freshman year and went 7-1 in the last 8 games of the conference season.

The state of Iowa lacks the level of competition that other areas produce, and has not been a hotbed for skill position players. Every so often there will be one or two that are very good. Both programs hope these next two years are as ISU has a WR this year and a QB next year, while Iowa has GW next year.

Lol so you're just blatantly choosing to ignore facts that don't help your case?

Also your last paragraph is banana's. Makes zero sense.
I really don`t know what QB you are talking about, and folks that are familiar with high school football in other states as well as Iowa will certainly understand my last paragraph.

You obviously think recruiting services are the experts but I certainly don’t. I believe coaches are much better judges of talent and need. Prior to Williams commiting to ISU last night, ISU & Iowa averaged the exact same number of P5 offers per recruit(3.2). ISU’s average went up since Williams has 9

That's dumb. Gavin Williams committed in January. You're obviously going to get more opportunities for offers when you delay your commitment and teams move to backup option offers. In fact, Michigan offered Gavin in the summer of 2018. They didn't offer Miyan until December.

Look at Logan Jones. 4 total offers but he committed in February. By your logic, Johnny Wilson was better than the US Army All American.

The lengths ISU fans will go to argue they're our equals while every objective recruiting service places you well below.

Last edited:
I really don`t know what QB you are talking about, and folks that are familiar with high school football in other states as well as Iowa will certainly understand my last paragraph.

Jacob Park. I linked to it in the original post bozo. That was only two years ago. How quickly you all forget.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT