ADVERTISEMENT

1st annual HWC Golf and Bags blowout

Awesome work, Integrated! That's what I'm talkin' about!

We'll do what we can to get some folks over there.

Any Hawk fans in eastern Iowa. . . . GREAT opportunity to have some fun and help put the Hawks back on top!

Best of luck, Integrated!

Last edited:
Bump for this great event in eastern Iowa that deserves Hawk fans' support! Another great opportunity to show up and represent for the HWC!

Will Mark Perry be attending? If so, I think we should be able to bid to have him as a bags partner.

Gotta put in a plug for my man, Integrated. He's absolutely killing it over in Clinton! Sounds like there's a lot of support for his effort over there among the local business community, which is great. I encourage any Hawk fans in that area to take part in his event on July 16 if possible. We're hoping to send some folks from Des Moines, but it would be great if anyone within a shorter drive could make it. Gonna be a super time, and it's obviously a tremendous cause!

Can the concept of IClub Spring/Summer golf events jumpstart annual HWC golf events throughout Iowa?
Not in the same cities as I Club events, necessarily. But one in NW, NE, SW and SE Iowa. One in the DSM area as well. Or just the larger cities in the state.

Not sure what constitutes a successful outing financially. Integrated muscle and spine, this is awesome,
Congrats on your initiative!

Go HAWKS

Can the concept of IClub Spring/Summer golf events jumpstart annual HWC golf events throughout Iowa?
Not in the same cities as I Club events, necessarily. But one in NW, NE, SW and SE Iowa. One in the DSM area as well. Or just the larger cities in the state.

Not sure what constitutes a successful outing financially. Integrated muscle and spine, this is awesome,
Congrats on your initiative!

Go HAWKS

They already have these, and have been having them for awhile. But they make the same mistake the I-Club makes--generally holding them at high dollar golf courses at a price that cuts out the common fan. Both groups need to connect a little better, IMHO.

http://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/events/

<<They already have these, and have been having them for awhile. But they make the same mistake the I-Club makes--generally holding them at high dollar golf courses at a price that cuts out the common fan. Both groups need to connect a little better, IMHO. >

Spooner- I wish we could connect and work together--thus far no interest in Iclub working with us or having a desire to help.

As far as high dollar courses-- We have had outings at high dollar course ( Glen Oaks in DSM) and lower budget courses. Our price was the same every time-- $200 per player.We provide a participation gift(s) every year-- that cost is typically $50 and usually a lunch and horderves after. I think its a great value- but granted Im pretty biased :)

The Okoboji outing is 165$ per player we have same participation gift-- a lunch, a steak dinner.. ( we have a sponsor that covers the lunch)

Im open for suggestions!

<<They already have these, and have been having them for awhile. But they make the same mistake the I-Club makes--generally holding them at high dollar golf courses at a price that cuts out the common fan. Both groups need to connect a little better, IMHO. >

Spooner- I wish we could connect and work together--thus far no interest in Iclub working with us or having a desire to help.

As far as high dollar courses-- We have had outings at high dollar course ( Glen Oaks in DSM) and lower budget courses. Our price was the same every time-- $200 per player.We provide a participation gift(s) every year-- that cost is typically $50 and usually a lunch and horderves after. I think its a great value- but granted Im pretty biased :)

The Okoboji outing is 165$ per player we have same participation gift-- a lunch, a steak dinner.. ( we have a sponsor that covers the lunch)

Im open for suggestions!

I only mentioned the I-Club because they famously schedule events at higher end places for the most part.

I love golf so I appreciate all of this but to the non-golfer most of these prices are a little steep. I also understand the flipside--they don't appreciate golf and there are other opportunities for the non-golfer to be a contributor and have good experiences with the HWC.

Keep up the good work. No quibble here, only an opinion.

Reactions: Novakht
That is one reason I priced this one lower. The course gave us a little better deal also, especially for a weekend.I am looking for quantity so we can get the word out to more people. That is also why we are throwing the bags tourney in there at the same time. That will help offset not making as much on the golf. I assume you will participate in this tournament? 400 per team which includes a couple of gifts and a pulled pork meal.
Now, that's VALUE, Hawk fans! If I didn't have to stay home for work, i'd be there. We're probably still sending some folks from Des Moines. If you're within 1-2 hours by car and you don't have other commitments, would be great if you could make it and support our man, Integrated (and the HWC, of course)!

That is one reason I priced this one lower. The course gave us a little better deal also, especially for a weekend.I am looking for quantity so we can get the word out to more people. That is also why we are throwing the bags tourney in there at the same time. That will help offset not making as much on the golf. I assume you will participate in this tournament? 400 per team which includes a couple of gifts and a pulled pork meal.

Can't make it but it's a great value event. Well done!

Integrated, do you have a PDF flyer for your event? I have a few friends in that area that are interested, but I wanted to get them the details.
If not, no big deal, I can copy some of the info provided here, but wanted to make sure I had everything covered.
If you do, please email me the PDF... yerk15@hotmail.com

Thanks!

what about a facebook event that can be shared?

Way to be all over this Luther! Kind of messages that need to continue to get out- so we keep sending out the these events/messages to as many people as we can!

I met a really nice lady at the golf course today. She has a 7 year old son who is a huge Iowa wrestling fan. He started wrestling this year and joined the young guns club. I offered her tickets to the meet of her choice if she could line up some volunteers. She said we have a deal. There are untapped Iowa fans everywhere. We just have to reach out to them.
Excellent! And you're right -- it's just a matter of getting the word out. We're getting better at that on a daily basis.

Reactions: HawkFT and wasdt21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT