ADVERTISEMENT

2- 4* players in last 2 years

CanadaHawk

HR All-American
Sep 22, 2006
For those counting, per ESPN Iowa has 2, count them, 2- 4* players so far for 2015 and 2016:
Isaiah Moss: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171275/isaiah-moss
and
Jordan Bohannon: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207416/jordan-bohannon

Moore is only graded one point above Bohannon by ESPN, 81 to 80. ESPN tends to lean towards athletic ability in their rating system so this means ESPN rates Bohannon as more athletic than some seem to think here. Moore is very fast but Bohannon is not slow. Both look like they are good shooters, but based on the bloodlines, I think I'd take Bohannon in a shoot-out. So, would I like the quickness of Moore? Yes, but we've done pretty well for a PG in 2016.

If Cook commits, we'll have 2- 4* players in the 2016 class, the most in a class since 2012 with Woody and Gesell. I also feel Kriener and Pemsl have better upsides than Meyer and Ingram.

Then there's the start of the 2017, 2018, 2019 classes, with top 100 to top 50 players.
You've got to feel if we get at least 1- 4* player a year, we're in good shape for the program moving forward. It looks like we're there for 2015, 2016 and beyond.
Complain if you want, but I'm looking forward to Iowa BB for the foreseeable future.

For those counting, per ESPN Iowa has 2, count them, 2- 4* players so far for 2015 and 2016:
Isaiah Moss: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171275/isaiah-moss
and
Jordan Bohannon: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207416/jordan-bohannon

Moore is only graded one point above Bohannon by ESPN, 81 to 80. ESPN tends to lean towards athletic ability in their rating system so this means ESPN rates Bohannon as more athletic than some seem to think here. Moore is very fast but Bohannon is not slow. Both look like they are good shooters, but based on the bloodlines, I think I'd take Bohannon in a shoot-out. So, would I like the quickness of Moore? Yes, but we've done pretty well for a PG in 2016.

If Cook commits, we'll have 2- 4* players in the 2016 class, the most in a class since 2012 with Woody and Gesell. I also feel Kriener and Pemsl have better upsides than Meyer and Ingram.

Then there's the start of the 2017, 2018, 2019 classes, with top 100 to top 50 players.
You've got to feel if we get at least 1- 4* player a year, we're in good shape for the program moving forward. It looks like we're there for 2015, 2016 and beyond.
Complain if you want, but I'm looking forward to Iowa BB for the foreseeable future.
I don't pay for ESPN's opinion, so as far as I can tell Iowa hasn't gotten a 4 star since Woodbury and Gessell. Who knows though, both of these guys may very well be 4 stars....only time will tell.

While we're at it, 247 Sports still has Hutton ranked a four star (scored a 90) according to them. 132 in the nation, 25th by position, 7th in the
Chicago area.

Of course, those goofballs then take their own ranking and mix it with a few others in an algorithmically mystical pontification formula and Brandon comes out a three star.

So if they don't believe their own ranking..........:) But, it is there, a four star according to 247 sports, before the composite.

I don't pay for ESPN's opinion, so as far as I can tell Iowa hasn't gotten a 4 star since Woodbury and Gessell. Who knows though, both of these guys may very well be 4 stars....only time will tell.
I don't pay for a sports site either. One reason I'm pointing out Moss and Bohannon is that detractors here seem to think Iowa doesn't have athleticism. ESPN rates primarily by athleticism and according to them, we've got 2- 4* players for 2015, 2016.

Uthoff was #98, also an ESPN four star. ESPN does not favor Iowa recruits so keeping those two kids in the post summer top 100 does mean something.

yahoo doesn't even have stars for Jordan.....hard to really tell until you see a recruit go up against D1 competition.

But if Fran sees something in him, then good for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT