ADVERTISEMENT

20-21 roster

OldDKL

Team MVP
Jan 10, 2011
Don't recall seeing a roster up this early on the Hawkeye website in the past. Also seems more accurate then normal ( with the exception of Colby Schreiver listed at 147lbs; ie: no heavy weights list at 185 lbs) Items of note I am curious about if anyone has information. 1) Jaydin Eierman is not listed on the roster. 2) Zach Glazier listed at 184, thoughts of him being the starter here if Assad redshirts. 3) Marinelli the only 165. I assume Brands cuts if we need someone else there. 4) Shriever and Ybarra both listed at 133. l assume this is a no need to bother with weight during a red-shirt type situation. I have never seen either one of these guys in real life but assume one of them (or both) aren't so big we wouldn't see them down at 125lbs next year.

Don't recall seeing a roster up this early on the Hawkeye website in the past. Also seems more accurate then normal ( with the exception of Colby Schreiver listed at 147lbs; ie: no heavy weights list at 185 lbs) Items of note I am curious about if anyone has information. 1) Jaydin Eierman is not listed on the roster. 2) Zach Glazier listed at 184, thoughts of him being the starter here if Assad redshirts. 3) Marinelli the only 165. I assume Brands cuts if we need someone else there. 4) Shriever and Ybarra both listed at 133. l assume this is a no need to bother with weight during a red-shirt type situation. I have never seen either one of these guys in real life but assume one of them (or both) aren't so big we wouldn't see them down at 125lbs next year.

Link - click here

Pretty thin at 157 and 165. Hopefully Young has things under control for weight management.

Eireman with a great interview on the Bader show earlier this week. He graduates from Mizzou this week and will be enrolling at Iowa immediately following.
So will he be available right away for the Hawks? I thought I read that he may not be available until 2nd semester.

So will he be available right away for the Hawks? I thought I read that he may not be available until 2nd semester.
He did not say. I'm not sure why he would not be eligible as soon as he is enrolled unless there is something going on behind the scenes. He did say he is a 141 pounder but did not rule out bumping up. He was going to work with the coaches and do what's best.

Reactions: BIG10MANIAC
With Eireman the roster number is 33 which is the lowest since since 2016-2017 at 33. The last two years the number was 36, and prior to that 34.
Leaves room for a couple of transfers or could be covid related to keep expenses down?

Reactions: Lsanders20
Seems like B10 wrestling could be done in a bubble like the NBA if need be. Plenty of space for multiple mats in each facility, maybe only a need for two facilities for duals and tourneys within a large city (Indianapolis or Chicago) and plenty of space for practice facilities in multiple venues. Use online learning for the wrestlers and student managers. It might not even be necessary, but it should be an option.

Seems like B10 wrestling could be done in a bubble like the NBA if need be. Plenty of space for multiple mats in each facility, maybe only a need for two facilities for duals and tourneys within a large city (Indianapolis or Chicago) and plenty of space for practice facilities in multiple venues. Use online learning for the wrestlers and student managers. It might not even be necessary, but it should be an option.
??? They have class...

He literally said use online learning.
I missed that part, read too fast. But not every class is available online. This doesn’t seem feasible for college athletics. Season will happen without a hitch. It may not start until Jan but it’ll go on full

118833933_3103737486390301_8940862685138305430_n.jpg

Cant wait to see him in black and gold!! I am would say he stays at 141 and Mad Max goes to 149!

Obviously assuming there is some semblance of an actual season this year I would think the Hawks have as good a chance as ever to have 10 AAs. Have the Hawks ever had 9, or is 8 the most they’ve ever had?

What a great group of Seniors we have this year. Sucks they are not going into the year looking for Back to back national championships. Going to be tough to see this group of seniors be done.

Reactions: jrod65
If memory is correct, one of the years they had 9 all-americans the only guy who didn't place was mark reiland who was a defending ncaa champ

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
there should be zero lockdowns and zero restrictions on anything. Testing is unnecessary unless you are sick

If memory is correct, one of the years they had 9 all-americans the only guy who didn't place was mark reiland who was a defending ncaa champ

That was in 92.

Using @funnyfletcher 's years as a guide:

1981- 3rd seed Pete Bush was the lone Hawkeye to not AA

83 was a young Rico Chiapparelli

85 was unseeded HWT Steve Wilbur

91 was 12 seed John Oostendorp

95 was a HWT for the 3rd time, 12 seed Erik Stroner

Reactions: SDHN2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT