ADVERTISEMENT

200, 000 more covid deaths by the end of the year.

Mar 11, 2020
Anybody else catch this bullshit from Biden last night? We have had "200k" in 9* months and this dipshit thinks we are going to have another 200k in the next 12* weeks. The best part was the mod herself said "we have had 16k since the last debate" ,which was roughly 3 weeks ago, and dipshit went with 200k before new years. Panic, pandemonium, all they know is how to sell fear.

*i originally under represented the length of time covid has been here as well as how many weeks were left.

Last edited:
Anybody else catch this bullshit from Biden last night? We have had "200k" in 6 months and this dipshit thinks we are going to have another 200k in the next 6 weeks. The best part was the mod herself said "we have had 16k since the last debate" ,which was roughly 3 weeks ago, and dipshit went with 200k before new years. Panic, pandemonium, all they know is how to sell fear.
While I agree with Biden's point, we would have to average 2800+ deaths per day from here on out in 2020, so it does appear he exaggerated. Pales in comparison to Trump's grandiose puffery, but he exaggerated.

That's not an estimate from Biden. That's from medical experts who believe we could be facing a surge this winter. As was stated repeatedly back in the spring, that 200k is a worst-case scenario based on doing little or nothing going forward. The actual number will likely be far less, but is dependent on what actions we take in the meantime.

Anybody else catch this bullshit from Biden last night? We have had "200k" in 6 months and this dipshit thinks we are going to have another 200k in the next 6 weeks. The best part was the mod herself said "we have had 16k since the last debate" ,which was roughly 3 weeks ago, and dipshit went with 200k before new years. Panic, pandemonium, all they know is how to sell fear.

Might not be by the end of the year, but probably in the first quarter in 2021. Very sad, both the death rates and the Trump Administration response. We will reach the 1-2 million people dead if Trump is re-elected.

Might not be by the end of the year, but probably in the first quarter in 2021. Very sad, both the death rates and the Trump Administration response. We will reach the 1-2 million people dead if Trump is re-elected.
I will bet you any amount of money you want donated to the U of I children's hospital that we do not get to 400k covid deaths before the end of Q1 2021.

Reactions: Run&Blade
That's not an estimate from Biden. That's from medical experts who believe we could be facing a surge this winter. As was stated repeatedly back in the spring, that 200k is a worst-case scenario based on doing little or nothing going forward. The actual number will likely be far less, but is dependent on what actions we take in the meantime.
Fear. Thats all that was. Shoveling a shower if shir of fear down peoples throats.

Reactions: Run&Blade
And many are wearing masks and social distancing. It’s not working in many of those places.
But how bad would it be if they weren't? I don't think the infection rate in rural Iowa counties where people DGAF about COVID and masks is a coincidence, when Johnson County has about the lowest positivity rate in Iowa even with all of the college kids back in town.

But how bad would it be if they weren't? I don't think the infection rate in rural Iowa counties where people DGAF about COVID and masks is a coincidence, when Johnson County has about the lowest positivity rate in Iowa even with all of the college kids back in town.
What good does it do?

Can’t go to college sports, no in person classes, bars and restaurants with massive restrictions and as soon as something is even slightly opened we get case spikes and calls to close it down.

it isn’t going away. It’s all just a big debate about how much we are willing to destroy the economy and people’s mental well being.

I truly don’t much care anymore. I wear a mask and don’t care about percentages or positive cases.

I hope the colleges fry financially for the b.s. online learning scam they are pulling.

So Johnson county has been low since students returned? How many students are actually on campus with so many taking classes virtually?

The rates are rising now in virtually every state. But you do you and not care.

What rates are rising? Cases? Hospitalizations? Deaths? Every state? Wisconsin had a dramatic rise, and then a big tail off just a couple of weeks later.

It's a virus. It can't be stopped without an effective vaccine. Anyone that thinks a politician can stop it is delusional.

You talk about caring. What is your solution? Tell us something tangible, that a POTUS can do. While you are at it, tell us how you would deal with the 10's of millions of people who have been out of work, and the millions of business owners that have lost everything.

What good does it do?

Can’t go to college sports, no in person classes, bars and restaurants with massive restrictions and as soon as something is even slightly opened we get case spikes and calls to close it down.

it isn’t going away. It’s all just a big debate about how much we are willing to destroy the economy and people’s mental well being.
The good is keeping people from dying of COVID, with the understanding that it is a balancing act of not causing people to die from other causes and causing harm to the economy/businesses. I don't know what the right balance is on a macro level but on a micro level: I go to work and wear a mask when not in my office; I wear a mask in the skywalk to/from my car; I wear a mask to the grocery store and gym; and I don't wear a mask at home. We see some family friends about once a month and they are pretty safe too. We don't wear masks around each other and that is probably unwise, but we've been mostly outside and drinking so we've rolled the dice on that. I think if most people did that we'd nip it in the bud.

So Johnson county has been low since students returned? How many students are actually on campus with so many taking classes virtually?
As to the former, I think so, as to the latter, I have no idea. That is just what the data indicated in the other thread on positivity rates.

image.png

Europe has better leadership.

What rates are rising? Cases? Hospitalizations? Deaths? Every state? Wisconsin had a dramatic rise, and then a big tail off just a couple of weeks later.

It's a virus. It can't be stopped without an effective vaccine. Anyone that thinks a politician can stop it is delusional.

You talk about caring. What is your solution? Tell us something tangible, that a POTUS can do. While you are at it, tell us how you would deal with the 10's of millions of people who have been out of work, and the millions of business owners that have lost everything.

Pretty much every state. Trump said it was going away last night and lied about a vaccine being available right after the election.

image.png

I don't like the look of those curves. At all. Given Europe's COVID management practices they are on the way up with colder temps. With the same here and everyone back to school and huddled indoors, shit is about to get bleak over the next few months...

As to the former, I think so, as to the latter, I have no idea. That is just what the data indicated in the other thread on positivity rates.
You’d be wrong. May want to go back and read news stories about U of I and ISU from late August.

I don't like the look of those curves. At all. Given Europe's COVID management practices they are on the way up with colder temps. With the same here and everyone back to school and huddled indoors, shit is about to get bleak over the next few months...
Europe also has stricter mandates in place, despite those you see the curve.

Pretty much every state. Trump said it was going away last night and lied about a vaccine being available right after the election.

Please cite where Biden said we would lose 200k more people by end of year

Hint: he said 200k, but he didn't specify a timeline. This entire thread is a false premise

Europe also has stricter mandates in place, despite those you see the curve.
I know, which alarms me as to what we'll see here over the next 6 months. We had our peak rates when people were outside mostly away from each other. I would love to be wrong.

image.png

Now that I think about it, looking at the US curve, assuming that people won't really change their behavior - this could be an oscillating curve where the southern states are high in the summer when people are indoors in the AC, relatively low in the late summer/early fall months when lots of people are still outside, low in the southern states during the winter when it is relatively pleasant but very high in northern states, relatively low in the spring months when people are outside again, and on and on and on. So about 40K for the low, about 80K for the high, with an average of about 55K, and about 20 million per year. If we're underreporting by a factor of 10 pretty much everyone will have had it by the end of 2021.

Actually, it's 45 out of 50.

So you have no solution for either the virus, or anything else. Just vague political BS. Trump can't do anything to stop it. Biden can't do anything to stop it.

Reactions: shank hawk
It'll be a refreshing change to have an administration that takes this seriously. The problem seems to be what these Red States Governors will do once they're not taking guidance from the Trump WH? People like Noem and Reynolds and Ricketts have been weak and making decisions based on pressure from above.

I suspect voters will remember this incompetence when these State leaders come up for reelection in 2022.

Actually, it's 45 out of 50.

So you have no solution for either the virus, or anything else. Just vague political BS. Trump can't do anything to stop it. Biden can't do anything to stop it.

45 out of 50 is pretty much every state. I agree, Trump did virtually nothing to help this situation and made it worse. His superspreader rallies will increase them in the coming days, leading to more hospitalizations and more deaths. Trump doesn't chare about that though.

Anybody else catch this bullshit from Biden last night? We have had "200k" in 9* months and this dipshit thinks we are going to have another 200k in the next 12* weeks. The best part was the mod herself said "we have had 16k since the last debate" ,which was roughly 3 weeks ago, and dipshit went with 200k before new years. Panic, pandemonium, all they know is how to sell fear.

*i originally under represented the length of time covid has been here as well as how many weeks were left.

Biden has said 200,000,000 Americans have died already from Covid....what a dipshit!

Wow. I have one conference call and already the dems have spun Biden "exaggerated" into "Trump did virtually nothing to help this situation other than make it worse"

Congrats dipshits.

If there is never a vaccine Biden will be responsible for way more deaths than trump.

that’s how the game works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT