ADVERTISEMENT

200, 000 more covid deaths by the end of the year.

That implies I've erred. Please point out where and I'll gladly retract my statement.

Otherwise you're full of sh*t about 2 things in the same thread.
I didn't say you errored. I said I didn't give a shit about your opinion and you made a snide remark about a truck and then accused me of getting defensive, to which point I pointed out the irony.

I have provided you with the direct quote and link dipshit.
Post 334

Its directly what they stated dipshit. Trump tried saying only 6% were real which was false and then they came back and clarified with this.

"For the week referenced in the claim, the CDC explained that the chart “shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.”"
As someone who knows how many things can be listed on a death certificate I dont give a shit.
Keep telling people about your degree, someone will give a shit.
I didn't say you errored. I said I didn't give a shit about your opinion and you made a snide remark about a truck and then accused me of getting defensive, to which point I pointed out the irony.

Reported.

For being WRONG!

Reactions: DFSNOLE

I haven't been defensive. I was trying to help you out.

You can lead a horse to water and dunk their idiot head in the tank, but you can't make them drink.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
How do you feel about the CDC clarifying that 6% of reported covid deaths are "of" and 94% are "with"?

I have no interest in your pissing contests with other posters, but I do want to point out that your statement that 6% of people died "of" COVID and 94% of people died "with" COVID is absolutely, categorically false. The CDC has never made that claim and has never characterized COVID deaths in this way. Ever. You are 100% wrong.

The CDC did say that there are somewhere around 6% of people that had absolutely no other underlying conditions that have died from COVID. That does not mean that the other 94% of people didn't die from COVID. Put it this way, if you have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and get COVID and die, you died from COVID. You didn't die because you have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. In your argument, you would say they were part of the 94% that died with COVID and you would be wrong. I hope you understand this because you are contributing to falsehoods that lead to minimizing this problem and leads to more deaths.

Also, if you believe that only 6% of the 400,000 people that have died actually died from COVID, how do you explain the overall increase in mortality over the last year is up over 500,000? If anything, it suggests that COVID deaths are under reported. For instance, there was a statistically significant increase in the number of deaths attributed to pneumonia last year. Why do you think that is?

Righhhhhhhhhhtttttt. The 4x4 comment was pure "help". Don't be a pussy, you said what you said, go with it. I dont give 2 shits about you and you shouldn't give 2 shits about me, atleast take credit for your shot.

Blow me.
It was a shot. Sure. But preceding that was genuine advice to stop digging the hole. You're wrong. It's ok to admit it.

And regarding the blow...

tenor.gif

6% die of covid

94% die with covid and other co-morbidities. Watch what happens with that number in a week.

Let's say a guy has a terrible case of hemorrhoids. He walks out into the street and gets run over by a bus and dies because one of the wheels crushes his skull. You are trying to argue that, because the guy had hemorrhoids, he didn't really die from getting run over by a bus. I mean he really died OF hemorrhoids WITH a traumatic head injury, right?

Let's say a guy has a terrible case of hemorrhoids. He walks out into the street and gets run over by a bus and dies because one of the wheels crushes his skull. You are trying to argue that, because the guy had hemorrhoids, he didn't really die from getting run over by a bus. I mean he really died with* hemorrhoids of* a traumatic head injury, right?

You are close. Fify.

6% die of covid

94% die with covid and other co-morbidities. Watch what happens with that number in a week.

Can you explain the point you are trying to make? I don’t think anyone here is denying 90% of people who die of COVID have an existing comorbidity. What big idea should I be taking away from that fact?

As someone who knows how many things can be listed on a death certificate I dont give a shit.

Someone who dies of cancer can have LOTS of things listed on the death certificate.

Cancer is AT THE TOP.

What you don't seem to comprehend here, is 6% of Covid deaths had NO co-morbidities.
That's 24,000 people, who had NO KNOWN condition which would put them at-risk of serious illness from Covid. They simply died.

Can you explain the point you are trying to make? I don’t think anyone here is denying 90% of people who die of COVID have an existing comorbidity. What big idea should I be taking away from that fact?

>50% of American adults have 1 or more co-morbidities. Obesity and hypertension being two of them.

Reactions: unIowa
[/QUOTE]
Someone who dies of cancer can have LOTS of things listed on the death certificate.

Cancer is AT THE TOP.

What you don't seem to comprehend here, is 6% of Covid deaths had NO co-morbidities.
That's 24,000 people, who had NO KNOWN condition which would put them at-risk of serious illness from Covid. They simply died.
Way to keep up Joe.

6% die of covid

It.Doesn't.Change

MOST co-morbidities are NOT lethal. MOST of the co-morbidities that are causing complications and deaths from Covid have almost NO effect with influenza for people.

Reactions: unIowa
You are close. Fify.

So, you agree that the guy died from getting hit by a bus, right? 400,000 people died OF (or "from" or "due to" or "because of") COVID. 6 % of those people did not have hemorrhoids or any other underlying medical condition. The other 94% still died because of COVID. Once you understand that, you are on the right track.

Total number of collegiate football players, coaches, and other staff, at all levels, hospitalized because of COVID-19.......... 0

He's trying to justify his claim that Biden was fear-mongering when he repeated the projection that we'd be up to nearly 400k deaths due to Covid by arguing that only 6% of the announced death toll was due SOLELY to Covid, ergo Biden was wrong. I think.

Of course by this argument, I'd guess only a small % of deaths normally attributed to the flu actually died solely from the flu. Instead, it's usually a combination of that, plus the body has been weakened from fighting off the flu that something else ultimately did the deed.

Reactions: RileyHawk
You're hysterical and it's hysterical to watch.

Cancer is AT THE TOP.

Good job Joe. 24k died of covid.

Total number of collegiate football players, coaches, and other staff, at all levels, hospitalized because of COVID-19.......... 0

Nope

Reactions: Hawked
Nope

Not to mention I heard of several who had to quit their sport after underlying conditions were discovered due to Covid-related testing. So not a direct impact, but definitely Covid-adjacent - for some, it probably saved their lives to be honest.

This is supposed to prove what, exactly? e Healthyoung people don't tend to get terribly sick with covid? Abso-fuggin'-lutely groundbreaking.

that said, you're still wrong.

Reactions: Hawked
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT