2015 / 2016* B1G starting line up

Dec 31, 2014
1: Gessell
2: Moss
3: Uthoff
4: Wagner
5: Woody

thoughts ?

I think some of these incoming freshman will be hard to keep on the bench.

Back when White was a freshman he started his career on the bench but the more they played him the more it was apparent he needed to be starting. White just impacted the game every time he was out there. I think some of these freshman may have some of that type of ability. Can't wait until PTL. Exciting time to be a Hawkeye BB fan!!

Edited for accuracy. :) thanks.
This post was edited on 3/25 12:23 PM by Phenomenally Frantastic

Re: 2014 / 2015 B1G starting line up

I'm high on Moss, but I hardly think he displaces Jok. There will be an adjustment period, particularly for defense, which is probably what all of our freshmen minus Hutton will need to get better with.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
I'm high on Moss, but I hardly think he displaces Jok. There will be an adjustment period, particularly for defense, which is probably what all of our freshmen minus Hutton will need to get better with.
2014-2015 line-up?

1 Gessell
2 Jok
3 Utoff
4 White
5 Woodbury

If your talking about 2015-2016 line-up then I gotta go with this:

Gessell
Jok
Uhl
Utoff
Woodie

Gessell
Clemmons
Jok
Uthoff
Woodbury

Uhl will be first off the bench and play major minutes.

When Uhl's mind and physique catch up with his raw ability and athleticism he is going to be a really good player. I think we will see an Olaseni type trajectory of improvement with him but I think he's better as a Freshman than Gabe was and obviously has much further range.

Originally posted by Phenomenally Frantastic:
1: Gessell
2: Moss
3: Uthoff
4: Wagner
5: Woody

thoughts ?

I think some of these incoming freshman will be hard to keep on the bench.

Back when White was a freshman he started his career on the bench but the more they played him the more it was apparent he needed to be starting. White just impacted the game every time he was out there. I think some of these freshman may have some of that type of ability. Can't wait until PTL. Exciting time to be a Hawkeye BB fan!!

Edited for accuracy. :) thanks.
This post was edited on 3/25 12:23 PM by Phenomenally Frantastic
Frosh will not start.

Gesell, Jok, Uthoff , Uhl, Woody....Sapp, Ellingson, ....then newbies to fill out rotation... jones, then Wagner and others.

This frosh class will need a year to be ready to contribute.

I think Uhl takes White's slot and starts.

Clemmons is 6th man.

Hawks will have a hell of a freshman if one beats out Jok.

Wagner is the most likely freshman to start simply because his likely position has no returning starter. Uhl probably gets the nod early, and maybe starts to display real improvement, but his performance this year certainly does not bespeak a certain starter. Hutton is a possibility for the same reason.

Good freshmen play in today's game. Other than Clemmons Iowa really has no known quality at any bench position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT