Jun 14, 2001
Name: Shaun Beyer
High School: Cedar Rapids Kennedy
Position: Tight End
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 200 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your time in Iowa City over the weekend?
BEYER: It was awesome. I had a lot fun talking with the coaches and meeting with a bunch of the recruits. It was good to talk to the coaches more.

Q: What did you do while you were there?
BEYER: We got there and went to the press box. They had all the trophies and stuff set out. Then we met with our host and went too Buffalo Wing Wings for dinner. We got to hang out with our hosts until 11 and actually we went bowling. Then we came back today and had breakfast. We talked with an academic advisor then Coach Doyle in the weight room. Then we had a campus tour type of thing. We talked with some of the players and got a tour of Kinnick. We got to go out on the field and everything. Then we went to the BBQ at the football facilities. That was it.

Q: What was your favorite part of the trip?
BEYER: I think the most cool thing was putting on all the jerseys. They explained to us on how it was on game days and we got to come out of the tunnel. They were playing Back in Black and we were all interlocking arms. It was super loud and we got to run out of the tunnel with Coach Ferentz. That was the coolest thing because it felt like we were Hawkeyes.

Q: What did the coaches say about you as a recruit?
BEYER: I talked to Coach Morgan the most because he is the recruiter for my area. He just said to be patient and trust the process. He likes me, Coach Woods like me, and Coach Ferentz likes me. Good things are coming."

Q: Do you know if the commitment of Chariton tight end TJ Hockenson factors into your recruiting?
"I'm not sure but I am pretty sure they are taking two tight ends. If they were to offer me, I don't know if it would be as a tight end, an athlete, or defensively. I don’t know.

Q: What camps do you still have left?
BEYER: I UNI, Illinois State, and Western Illinois.

Q: Do you feel any schools are close to offering?
BEYER: Northern Illinois said that they want to offer me but they want to build a relationship first and get me on some game day visits to build that relationship. They said I was at the top of their board for tight ends and they are only taking one as of now. I talked to their head coach for a long time and he said that he was very impressed with how I did at camp.

Q: What are the colleges you are hearing from the most?
BEYER: Obviously the four schools that have offered me are sending me quite a bit of stuff and recruiting me hard. Then it is Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Illinois, and I'd have to say NDSU also.

Q: When will you be back to Iowa City?
BEYER: They said that they definitely want me go to a game if not before then. I'm sure I'll be down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.