Name: Shaun Beyer
High School: Cedar Rapids Kennedy
Position: Tight End
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 210 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How did the Nebraska offer come?
"It came by surprise. They had talked to me during the summer and said that they'd be watching senior film and evaluating it. They had not been recruiting me as hard as other schools that sent me mail every week. They messaged me on twitter and asked me for Coach White's number. They gave him a call and then had me call them a few minutes later. That is when they offered me. I was pretty surprised and speechless. I didn’t know what to say. I was surprised but it was very cool."

Q: Where does the offer leave you with your commitment to North Dakota State?
"I'm just not worrying about everything right now. I'll worry about all the commitment and stuff after the season is over. I'll make a decision on what I want to do then."

Q: Have other schools picked up interest since?
"There has been some schools. Vanderbilt messaged me on twitter after the offer and congratulated me. We talked a little bit. Then a coach from North Carolina followed me on twitter."

Q: What has been the feedback from Iowa?
"During the past two weeks I had two hand written letters from Coach Ferentz and Coach Morgan. Coach LeVar Woods messaged me and congratulated me on the Nebraska offer. That is where I am standing with them."

Q: Has there been any other contacts with the Iowa coaches?
"(Cedar Rapids Kennedy head football coach) White said he talked to Coach Morgan and he said that they have a plan for me but they are going to do it all after the season is over. They don't want to distract my senior season with what we have going."

Q: When do you make your final decision?
"I am definitely going to take some official visits and stuff. I am making a visit to Nebraska for the Iowa-Nebraska game. If anything else pops up, I'll take a visit there too. I want to see how I like everything. I am not quite sure where I'll go but I want to see what happens."

Q: Do you have a favorite?
"I am still committed to NDSU and everything but the Nebraska offer is pretty good. I have to take that into consideration with my decision down the road. I am not ready to make a final decision but as of now I'd say it is NDSU but that could change after I take my visit to Nebraska. Getting the offer is awesome but I haven't seen their facilities and need to get to know their coaches. I have to get there and learn more about them."

Q: What are your thoughts on your semifinal opponent in Bettendorf?
"We haven't done any film evaluation on them yet but from what I've watched they have athletes all over the field. There is a reason that they are playing at the Dome. We have to practice hard and execute the game plan. Hopefully we can come out with a win."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.